Dungeons & Dragon’s 80’s Controversy & Editorial Video

Fire Brand

First Post
Dungeons & Dragon’s 80’s Controversy & Editorial Video

Did anyone play D&D in the 80's? Here's some of my amusing experience :cool:

[video=youtube;xd9GNN1Ivp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd9GNN1Ivp0&list=PLkO-XUhhtIB-lJXyowB-rmW5hCXzHo14n&index=4[/video]

Scary

Explorer
Hello Fire Brand, Yes, I played D&D in the 80's, started playing in 1981 and I do recall all the hype (positive and negative) as well as The movie Mazes and Monsters. My mom and dad never had anything bad to say about the game, we usually had a group of 4-5 people. Once I moved into my own place we continued to play D&D and the group grew to 5-10 people depending on the day. It was a blast all the time, I only played for 3-4 years and then DM'd after that and the players were really into the game, we enjoyed the Against the Giants series, including GDQ, I wrote a continuation module to against the Giants, called Against the Giants Again (Mountain, Fog, Firbolg). All the players raved about it and I even spoke with Gary Gygax via email about publishing the module but I never pursued it. Anyway, I have been thinking about converting it to 3.5 and creating new maps using online tools to buff it up and then release it so others can try playing it. It took me 9-10 months to write and I think it took the group 6 months to a year to play through it.

Larry

Fire Brand

First Post
Great story Larry! That's one thing that's interesting about D&D besides the shard experience you can take the published material and get inspired to create your own.

Remove ads