D&D 5E [OOC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder

Shayuri

First Post
I hate to do it, but I need to drop from this game. Thought I could juggle, but I just can't. And it's easy enough to write me out...just say my character didn't come along from Waterdeep and boom, done.

Sorry guys. Good luck!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
SO in writing that post, I had some questions about Hunter's Mark. Maybe these are all well-discussed, but I'd be interested in what others say (esp. the DM!).

Hunter's Mark allows a ranger to "Mystically mark" a quarry. The description says: "If the target [of Hunter's Mark] drops to 0 hit points before the spell ends, you can use a bonus action on a subsequent turn of yours to mark a new creature."

So: questions.
1. Does the new creature need to be within 90' (the range of the spell when cast)? I presume yes (and so Bell can't transfer it to the Storm Giant). The alternative would be open to abuse: you mark someone nearby, reduce them to 0hp (which is not necc. dead), and then transfer it to someone miles away that you might not be able to see.

2. Does the ability to transfer itself give information? I think it can: in this case, the sorceress has dropped behind a building, presumably dead. If Bell can transfer the spell to the giant, is that "proof" that the enemy was reduced to zero? Would the inability to transfer it let Bell know that the witch is faking, or just hiding behind a building? That's cool, and what I was hoping to explore, but (as above) I felt that the giant would need to be w/in 90' to allow the transfer. (And so it's better to ask now, before it becomes a thing in the game).

3. "in a subsequent turn" -- I take to mean on any turn within the next hour; she's "charged" and can reapply it, as long as she maintains concentration. I think that's non-controversial, but I thought I'd check.

Thanks!

GreenKarl

First Post
Sorry I totally missed that there was a table there... I saw the ones on the other side but my eyes are just not that great I guess. I can make an Athletic check to jump up there if need be... sorry about that ;)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Yeah, I was just trying to give people a chance before I remove them to streamline the game. As much as I'll take a characters actions now and then to move things forward, I dislike that extra overhead.

Yavathol

Explorer
So who wants to go first, then, and take the damage? I don't mind, but am thinking about another burning hands and am not sure if that will do enough damage to break his concentration..

Creamsteak

Explorer
So what's it to be gang? Seems like things have slowed to a halt. Waiting on something form me? A little burned out? Feel side-trekked to death? This particular module has the potential to go those ways, it's pretty open world in some ways...

Remove ads