D&D 5E [OOC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder

Creamsteak

Explorer
Jago:

Once her action is posted I'll be able to move forward with the combat round.

Steve Gorak/CB/Kobold Stew: There are four new NPCs added to the RG thread. You each get one. I'll also be adding one more player when someone shows up I imagine.

Shalvus Martholio, shepherd and Zhentarim spy (starts at area G8, inside the inn)
Miros Xelbrin, innkeeper (starts at area G8, inside the inn)
Naxene Drathkala, resident mage (starts at area G8, inside the stable house)
Oren Yogilvy, musician (starts at area G8, outside the inn)

Matthan

Explorer
If you have an opening for the second group, I would like to throw my hat in the ring. I'd be willing to play whatever rounded out the party (so dependent on CanadienneBacon's choice).

Matthan

Explorer
Great. Thanks. I'll try and build a character tonight or tomorrow. When I see what CanadienneBacon builds, I'll fill out the party.

Euon, LG Dragonborn Sorceror (Favored Soul) 5

5lUk3Ah.jpg

STR 14
DEX 12
CON 16
INT 9
WIS 10
CHA 16

[sblock][sblock=Crunch]
hp: 32/32
Hit Dice: 5d6 (5/5 HD available)
Initiative: +1
AC: 17 (breastplate, shield)
Proficiency Bonus: +3
Saving Throws: Constitution, Charisma
Alignment: LG
Skill Proficiencies: Persuasion, Religion
Sex: Male
Size: Medium (5' 11", 185 lbs)
Speed: 30
Languages: Common, Draconic (race), Dwarvish (background)

Background (Custom: Favored of Bahamut):
I fear I have the greyscale disease, but really I have been chosen by Bahamut, who has favored me with physical prowess and a will to help people. Over time, my skin will acquire the characteristics of a bronze dragon.
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Medicine
Tools: Carpenter's tools
Language: Dwarvish
Feature: Watcher's Eye (SCAG 145)
Trait: I've been hated and feared for my skin so long that I despair of being accepted.
Ideal: Community. It is my duty to serve others, despite their suspicion of me.
Bond: I fear I have greyscale; my skin is changing, and I must discover why, even though it frightens me.
Flaw: I cannot stand to see others hurt and will react impulsively to save another from harm.

Abilities:
Draconic Ancestry (race): Bronze dragon
Breath Weapon (race): 5' by 30' line, 2d6 lightning, Dex save DC 14 (save for half)
Damage Resistance (race): Lightning
Sorcerous Origin: Favored Soul (UA Modifying Classes)
Font of Magic: 5 sorcery points. Replenish after long rest.
Flexible Casting: Use sorcery points to gain spell slots. PHB 101.
Metamagic: Distant Spell, Twinned Spell. PHB 102.
Chosen of the Gods (Favored Soul): Life Domain (add cleric Life domain spells PHB 60 to known spells, they do not count against the number of spells you can know, are considered sorcerer spells)
Bonus Proficiencies (Favored Soul): Light and medium armor, shields, simple weapons

Spellcasting: Spell Save DC 14 and Spell Attack Modifier +6, replenish after long rest
Cantrips Known (5): chill touch, fire bolt, light, mending, message
Spells Known (6): blindness/deafness (2), feather fall (1), lightning bolt (3), misty step (2), sleep (1), spider climb (2)
Life Domain Spells Known: bless, cure wounds, lesser restoration, spiritual weapon, beacon of hope, revivify
1st level: 4/4 slots
2nd level: 3/3 slots
3rd level: 2/2 slots

Weapons:
Javelin +5, 1d6+2 P thrown (30/120)
Walking stick (quarterstaff) +5, 1d6+2 B versatile (1d8)

Equipment:
Shield 10 gp
Javelin (3) 1 gp, 5 sp
Walking stick, 2 sp
Quiver 1 gp
Breastplate 400 gp
Backpack 2 gp
Traveler's clothes 2 gp
Waterskin 2 sp
Whetstone 1 cp
Oil 1 sp
TBD

Skills:
Acrobatics +1
Animal Handling +0
Arcana -1
Athletics +5
Deception +3
History -1
Insight +0
Intimidation +3
Investigation -1
Medicine +3
Nature -1
Perception +0
Performance +3
Persuasion +6
Religion +2
Sleight of Hand +1
Stealth +1
Survival +0

Expenditures:
TBD[/sblock]

[sblock=Story]
Euon ran a hand over the broken chair leg and frowned. Reverend Paulson wanted the altar chair fixed by the morrow, but there was not time for the glue to set. Euon cast a surreptitious look over his shoulder toward the workshop door. No one was here. No one would know, he hoped. He turned back to the chair leg and caressed the wood, thinking of the grain and how it knit together in patterned whorls strengthened by wind and weather. Drawing in a breath and closing his eyes, Euon gently grasped both pieces of the broken leg and held them together. He felt the tug of magic in his belly and concentrated, letting the energy flow through his limbs, through his calloused fingertips, and into the leg. There was a quiet snick. He looked down in satisfaction. There, good as new. Better than new. Even still, he cast another careful look at the door. It wouldn't do to be caught.

Euon returned his gaze to the leg and bent to affix the repaired piece to the body of the chair. Reaching for a hammer and nail, the cuff of his tunic rose up. Euon's eyes fell on a patch of scaly white skin at his wrist. He gasped, dropping the hammer with a loud clank. Quickly, he yanked down his shirt sleeve, his eyes darting in panic at the door. Greyscale. I have greyscale. The words churned in his mind. Fear rose in his throat. Old Norris had died three days prior from greyscale, and the town was still on quarantine. He'd have to tell Reverend. Paulson was good, Euon knew. Paulson would make sure the elders did not force him out. Euon repeated this to himself until his heart stopped thumping and he calmed.

"I'm sorry, Euon, but we must think of the safety of the community. There are women, and children, and we cannot risk their wellbeing. We've the school to run. You understand, I'm sure." Paulson's eyes shuttered to Euon's hurt, even as the Reverend moved away. Euon watched the priest, saw how he kept the desk between himself and Euon, how he hedged toward the door. Euon knew when he was unwanted. By now, it was familiar. Always, no matter where he went, others feared him. His height. His girth. The odd events that always seemed to chase his presence. Euon nodded at Reverend Paulson. Swallowing, he stuck out a hand to shake in farewell, then let it drop lamely to his side when Paulson's eyes bulged in disgust. Grimness limned the set of Euon's mouth. Nodding a second time, he turned and left. [/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

[MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION], I've posted a character concept.

All: The suggestion of Favored Soul with the Life domain turned out to be a great idea. Sometime back in May, I'd drafted a character called Euon who was a dragonborn sorcerer. I cruised back over my community page, which is where I'd stored Euon's data, only to realize that I lost him when the site went down. When I next looked at Favored Soul, it was a damned good match for the flavor of the character, probably better than my original concept, even. Life domain is the perfect fit for Euon, who is LG to the core, all about protecting his peeps, and yearns to belong so hard it hurts. Thanks for the suggestion, Creamsteak and Shayuri; very fruitful idea.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The big thing is Favoured Soul is a sorcerer option in the same way as the draconic bloodline or wild magic or storm sorcerer.

Nevermind: I was a bit confused at the portrait of a human vs the dragonborn thing vs the dragon sorcerer thing. Seems fine.

Last edited:

I was a bit confused at the portrait of a human vs the dragonborn thing vs the dragon sorcerer thing. Seems fine.
Yeah, I can't stand the artwork in the PHB for dragonborn. Until Euon, I've never wanted to play one, mostly because the concept art is so awful. They just look so alien. But then I got hooked on the idea of taking the dragonborn race and using it as a platform for the entire character, all the way from Class (sorcerer) to Background (had to go custom here...Favored of Bahamut) to Euon's story (greyscale as a premonition of the bronze dragon "scales" he might one day have). On top of that, I like underdogs, so here I'm playing with race, racism, xenophobia, and self-actualization. I especially like that Euon's lawful good. Looking forward to playing him!

Remove ads