Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Underground garden
Night
Round 0

Morgrym poked around the body. He found the pouch with five diamonds and fifteen silver. As he studied the body, he cast a spell, allowing him to see magic.

“Aye, I agree with destroyin’ th’armor an’ sword,” Morgrym agreed, straightening up from his search. “Though I’m loathe t’ toss ‘em doon t’ the fish or up t’ the surface where someone c’n get their ‘ands on it. I’ll give it a shot if ye cannae dae it,” he told the monk.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action: Cast Detect Magic
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 39/39 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)(Barkskin: +2)
CMD: 15 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 7 Ref: 2 Will: 7 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 10/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions: Barkskin 138/150 rounds (15m); Blur (20% miss chance) 7/20 rounds (2m); Detect Magic 30/30 (3m)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds*, Produce Flame, Shillelagh, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin,* Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I don't mind the sword. It may be magical, but it is not evil enchanted. At least not obviously. But yes, I'd rather leave it here than throw it away for some random creature."

Jago

Explorer
~ " If The Gardener can purify this corrupted steel, then by all means," Reynard added to the discussion, " Better they be kept her as sanctified relics where no man can get their hands on them, for better or for worse."

The sailor frowned, adjusting his holster a bit while pondering on Arvana's question. That was the ticket, wasn't it? What next? They had survived, but still had a quest to carry out.

" Whatever we decide to do with these items, we need to still continue on with the Dagger," Reynard noted, " Climb our way out of here and find Adalous, whomever that is. Maran still needs our help, after all, and this land is still blockaded by The Empire." ~

[sblock=Reynard's Stats]Character Sheet
HP: 25/25
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +6
Perception: +9
In Hand: Nothing
[sblock=Defenses]AC: 18 Flat: 13 Touch: 18
Fort: 7 Reflex: 10 Will: 7[/sblock]
[sblock=Offenses]Pistol (Mwk): +7, 1d8/x4
Chakrams: +6, 1d8/x2
- Flurry of Throws: +4/+4
Unarmed Strike: +6, 1d6

Paper Cartridges: 52/70
Entangling Shot: 5/5
Flare Cartridges: 5/5[/sblock]
Grit: 3/3
Deeds:
Gunslinger's Dodge
Quick Clear
Up Close And Deadly
[sblock=Adventure Notes]Game Info:
We have a dagger that is actually a Planar Key. It is very cool. It is also super dangerous.

The dagger is to go to someone named "Adalous". We reach him by going North through "The Dungeons"

Arvana supposedly knows a mythical oracle-like creature called The Lady. Reynard is intrigued and wants to go spelunking with her.

Reynard found a series of ancient maps, one of which appears to be magical. Morgrym called it 'a guide'. We have left these behind for now.

We stumbled across information on 'The Willings': powerful beings from ages ago who charted the world, experimented with planar gateways, and supposedly even had flying vessels. The city of Maran used to be called 'Cartaluga' to them.

The Willing and several other races banded together to fight against another species of "So-Called Gods". The Willing came from the prison plane of Avidor, and used our dagger to escape it.

We met a talking tree. That wasn't really a tree, but it sorta was. It gave us some seeds and asked us to spread them outside.

The Dagger is apparently an object that requires blood to use, and binds those whose blood it tastes. The Gardener (the Tree) said they he and his people have tried to destroy it many times, to no avail: it keeps coming back.[/sblock][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

"His things might be worth a lot, but I would rather we all agree to destroy that armor. It is a thing of dark magics and those souls imprisoned need a release. His own sword, probably magical, might sunder it since we have no way of cleansing it. Unless, you, Gardener, think you can clean it by these clean waters?"

The Gardener simply responds to Marius with a negative. “I knew the way, once. But no longer. These things were lost to me a long time ago.” – his voice almost sounds like a lament.

If no one objects to armor destruction, Marius uses fallen branches to prop the armor against the tower or suitable stone or dead tree. Hefting the weapon he frowns at its size and weight.

The monk mans the sword with ease. The claymore feels a lot lighter than it seems. Still, the impact of its blows is far greater than it would normally be.

The armor resists the very first blows, shaking under the terrible, resounding strikes of the weapon. Slowly, it begins to falter. The blade arches around, hitting the plaque once more with a loud thud. Once, twice, three times again, until the chest breaks under the pressure, spreading two curved, separate pieces around. Suddenly, it is as if the parts release something barely contained within them. The black ichor melts from the chest as if fleeting paint, and a strange cloud rises from the scattered lather pieces. Distant voices can be heard as faces manifest themselves among the fog. Slowly, the thick mess envelops the monk, as if seeking to embrace him, and deposits itself over the man’s clothes and skin, vanishing completely. As for the armor, the pieces that once composed it are nothing more than shards of cured, solid leather, resting indifferently on the floor.

Morgrym poked around the body. He found the pouch with five diamonds and fifteen silver. As he studied the body, he cast a spell, allowing him to see magic.

All things, dead and living, leave their magical traces, and Morgrym’s eyes are wide open to them once more. To some this has become an addiction, the dwarf heard, but pragmatic minds could face the telluric lay lines and come back unaffected. His rich surroundings shine once more with the telluric shock caused by the Garderner’s presence. Beyond his explosion of colors and lights, the dwarf sees the remnants of negative energy sliding from the body and into the rocks, wasting themselves into nothingness. From the stones, coins and collars, Morgrym only obtains a faint gleam. It emanates from the ring, discharging continuous waves of serene melody. The waves cover everyone and everything, reaching the walls as the calm rhythm of the seas and going through them. Morgrym identifies the patterns. This ring can be located by others and allows for mental communication once worn, but only with others that wear similar pieces.

As for the sword, now held by Marius, it shines with great intensity, looking sharper and more elegant than it truly is. A second blade, of spiritual nature, was added to the first one, granting it sharper edges and lighter handling. The spell is widely known, even though not all enchanters perform it this way. Dragons were known to have a distinct approach to spellcasting, believing it to be the direct manipulation of the spiritual nature of existence in order to alter its material manifestations. Such acts would be performed, as the legend goes, by an increasing awareness of the unity of existence, translated in an ever-changing language that not only communicated but also created bits of reality as it was employed. This is the closest application of such metaphysical theories Morgrym has seen so far.

Whenever Marius glances at the runes, this is the exact feeling he gets. Every subtle transformation in draconic language is not a simple idiomatic alteration. It rather incorporates historical and philosophical transitions experienced and sufferedby the writer. When such distinctions emerge, it is usually understood that the writer transcended his former existencial conditions to become something unique and distinct, something he was not raised and educated to be. These runes might therefore translate the language of a revered dragon, one that went so far in his own path of enlightenment that turned incomprehensible by regular draconic standards. Most dragons, legend tells, would be concerned to share their knowledge after undergoing such transformations, thus enriching draconic language - and existence - as a hole. If such words remained out of their shared repertoire - the one Marius learned - that means somehow the creature that wrote it chose to hide knowledge for whatever reason. Either that, or it was banned from its midst (which musing is to be considered true, only a dragon can tell…).

At first, Morgrym thinks that the blade held some effect upon Marius, since his entire body glows after the armor’s destruction. Soon enough, the druid understands this is not the case. The moving web over the monk’s body seems to reflect spiritual faces, almost as those present in the armor a few moments before. This time, though, the faces do not anguish. On the contrary, they seem focused and diligent. It seems that, once freed, the souls chose to protect the monk from harm, covering his flesh with their own quintessence-fueled bodies in order to strengthen him. Morgrym can hear whispers of gratitude in many languages, some even unknown to him, despite the familiar meaning.

" Whatever we decide to do with these items, we need to still continue on with the Dagger," Reynard noted, " Climb our way out of here and find Adalous, whomever that is. Maran still needs our help, after all, and this land is still blockaded by The Empire."

Arvana seems to take an interest in the name, as well as Reynard’s concern for Maran.

“I only know half the story…” – she approaches – “… but since you don’t know who you’re looking for, maybe I can give you a hand” – she bends forward, studying Reynard’s hands and overall gestures. “Long story short, I know people that excel in knowing people. Maybe they can find your guy. They’re a bit…. Shifty, but after we get their trail, we can strike an easy deal and see what they know.”

[Ok, so... the claymore has +2 damage and +2 attack bonus, no curses or dark magic on it whatsoever! As for Marius, he now has a spiritual armor over him, granting +1 AC and... Well, spirits can do more than that, but time will tell you what exactly.

The curative waters healed 6 points of damage. They can be drunk once a day and each use heals 1D8 points of HP]

@Trogdor1992 @Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Jago [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Underground garden
Night
Round 0

“Well, the sword does me nae guid,” Morgrym said with a shrug. “Dae wi’ it wot ye wan’.”

As the others talked, Morgrym studied the magic. “Blade’s magical,” he said. “Also helps protect the wielder, it looks like. An’ there’s this ring.” He slipped it off the corpse. “I think they’re trackin’ an’ keepin’ in communication wi’ the beastie through this.” He considered the ring in his hand. “Shuild I give it a try? See ‘oo’s on th’other end?”

Move:
Action: Spellcraft: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions: Barkskin 137/150 rounds (15m); Blur (20% miss chance) 6/20 rounds (2m); Detect Magic 29/30 (3m)

Spells Prepared
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds*, Produce Flame, Shillelagh, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin,* Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"The blade seems too light for its bulk and it handles easily. If anyone wants it..."
Marius looks at the remains of the armor and than on his newly shining skin.
"Not what I expected, but I guess I should be glad the souls are free of the dark magic."

Looking at Morgrym
"Try it, but put the weapons away first. And if you would allow it, I'd bind your hands. Your choice totally, no pressure. Just in case you can be controlled from afar. Be wary of locating magic."
Marius takes a moment to get the manacles out, showing them to the druid.

"Arvana, if you can help us, great, we would appreciate it! But lets concentrate on getting out of this first. Do we simply climb back and try to open those big doors upstairs? Or we risk the underground?"

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Underground garden
Night
Round 0

Morgrym eyed the manacles and shrugged. “Got nae problem wi’ it,” he said. “Wot d’ye all wan’ t’ dae? We cuild jus’ chuck the ring, tae.”

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions: Barkskin 136/150 rounds (15m); Blur (20% miss chance) 5/20 rounds (2m); Detect Magic 28/30 (3m)

Spells Prepared
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"Lets see what we can learn. Put the ring on, try to sound like that monster, you heard him speak." Marius shrugs
"I have no idea if the mental voice or the manner of communication is the same. But its worth a try."

He puts the manacles onto the dwarf and waits to see what happens when he puts the ring. He stands close, just in case he needs to grapple him.

OOC: now I regret not having stunning fist option :)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Underground garden
Night
Round 0

Morgrym shrugged and tested the manacles. They seemed pretty secure. He slipped the ring onto his finger.

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions: Barkskin 135/150 rounds (15m); Blur (20% miss chance) 4/20 rounds (2m); Detect Magic 27/30 (3m)

Spells Prepared
[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
MORGRYM

Morgrym shrugged and tested the manacles. They seemed pretty secure. He slipped the ring onto his finger.

The dwarf places the ring around his finger as the others watch. The piece feels loose, almost as if it was about to slip away. The warm touch of metal still retained some of the sphere’s heat, but it was nothing capable of hurting Morgrym’s hand.

As soon as the druid puts the jewel on, his vision is clouded. A whirlwind of rasp voices, yell in reptilian and draconian, adding to the sudden confusion he’s thrown in. He is surrounded by darkness, held by a sensation of involuntary movement. He feels as if he floated through an ample area, seeking a point of reference. Soon enough, it appears. At first, it is a faint, red gleam in the distance, just a point. As he approaches, it turns into a thin line, dancing as if covered by a dark horizon. Shapes and forms begin to appear against it, and soon enough he realizes he is approaching a fire. Suddenly, he stands atop a cliff, his back turned to black seas, his front contemplating a city-island that burns to ashes. Screams fill the air, swallowing the noisy rasp voices from before. The city, once proud in its high towers and solid stone houses, is now blackened by the fumes of disaster. Morgrym devises conflict in the streets, people being dragged from houses and executed in cold blood. The perpetrators are human, but among them there are other creatures, more terrible and cruel… Suddenly, he understands: he sees one of the temple cities of Phythis, the southern federation of city-states built by mystics from Ashir and Serpentine mages alike. And for some reason… they turned on each other!

The dwarf is suddenly pulled off of his musings by a harsh yell, guttural and viper-like, coming right from his side. As he turns, his eyes contemplate a terrible vision. A tall, , slender serpentman, eyes ablaze with the same negative forces that once animated the Fell Knight, glances at him, as if it studied the druid. The black and white scaled creature can hardly be seen completely, the fires dazzling the dwarf’s vision a bit.
The creature lashes its tail and towers over the dwarf, raising an elaborate staff and showing a body covered in rich adornments that glitter in the lights of destruction.

“Vradna… You provided his death, have you not, little creature? Hm-hm-ha-ha.” – he laughs an unnatural, strange laugh. “The ambitious foul remained in silence for too long. No matter. Now you hold the ring… And I am willing to parley.” – he pauses for a moment before continuing.

“He sought the Enslaver, the adorned dagger. Do you have it, little creature? If you do… I’m willing to satisfy our desires in order to have it…” – the creature slowly approaches Morgrym, as the surrounding scenario melts away into darkness once more. He reaches out for the dwarf, attempting to touch him as he approaches. “What say you?”

EVERYONE

Morgrym enters a lethargic state as he puts on the ring. His eyes closed, his body still, he just shambles slowly, standing in the very same spot. His movements resemble those of a man trying to recognize his surroundings, even though they’re much slower than usual.

Arvana is the one to speak forth.

“You don’t suppose he can be hurt, do you?” – she glances at her companions. Slowly, the companions notice some branches entangling Morgrym carefully, surrounding the dwarf without touching him. The Gardener is taking his own precautions.

“I know not how draconic tradition wave such spells. But the mind is a feeble terrain to be toyed with.”
Arvana simply shakes her head, concerned.

“As for the rest of it… I can lead us towards a nomad elfic tribe. They’ve been around, and if anyone can lead you to your man, it is them. Last I heard of them they were east of Kaladrias, striking deals with the villages. I just hope we don’t uncover something bad from all this…” – she points out the ring at Morgrym’s hand, apprehensive.

[MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855130]Jago[/MENTION]

Remove ads