Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Archon Basileus

First Post
MORGRYM

The luminous sphere advances as the beast struggles to give combat to Marius. It sees the big wisp coming, but it is unable to dodge it! The sphere sets the creature ablaze, it’s fires mixing up with the fuel that adhered to its skin moments before. The Fell Knight spreads its wings, now reddening with the strength of fire, and seems enraged by the pain!

[Success! The creature takes the damage, but it still seems vigorous enough to fight!]

REYNARD

The sailor throws the bomb with calculated precision, reaching the fires that engulfed the creature and disappearing as a blackened and bruised silhouette, right before breaking against the creatures’ back! The dry sound of an explosion follows, shattering the clay and spitting fire in all directions! The creature roars in pain, now covered by the fires the companions created!

[Ok, so… I’m rolling 2D8 for the bomb, with half targeting Marius; Considering the nature of the bomb, I thought appropriate for it to deliver more damage than Alchemist’s Fire, as well as spread heavy damage around an area – as opposed to 1 splash damage for AF. Still, Marius can roll reflexes against Reynard’s roll to dodge the explosion, reducing the damage he’d take in half once again. Do you guys find this appropriate? If not, I’ll rewrite it. For now, the beast takes 20 more points of damage, and Marius might take 10 or 5, depending on the reflex roll.

Marius - reflexes roll (DC 17):
1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8]

ROUND 1 RESULTS:

FELL KNIGHT: injured; prone; on fire.
ARVANA: uninjured; ready.
REYNARD: shaken; ready.

@Trogdor1992 @Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Jago

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Underground garden
Night
Round 2

Morgrym grinned, seeing the demon dragon beast flailing on the ground amidst the fires of the makeshift bomb and his flaming sphere. The dwarf parked the sphere right over the beast and then charged, raising his battleaxe high as he gave a dwarven war cry.

[sblock=OOC]Map link from earlier post isn’t working. I think I am within Morgrym’s 20’ movement and I think I have a straight line, so I am going to charge. +2 to his attack, -2 to his AC, 20% miss chance.

Beast has -4 to his AC from prone.

Beast needs a DC 16 reflex save to negate or take damage from Flaming Sphere
Flaming Sphere fire damage: 3D6 = [1, 6, 4] = 11
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move: Charge the Beast
Action: Charge attack vs prone AC: 1D20+7 = [19]+7 = 26
Darn! Almost a crit!
Cold Iron Slashing damage: 1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 39/39 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)(Barkskin: +2)
CMD: 15 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 7 Ref: 2 Will: 7 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 10/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions: Barkskin 149/150 rounds (15m); Blur (20% miss chance) 18/20 rounds (2m); Flaming Sphere 2/3 rounds

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Shillelagh, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin,* Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
[/sblock]

Jago

Explorer
~ The explosion had Reynard ducking for cover, shielding himself behind the roots of The Gardener as the shrapnel went everywhere. Gritting his teeth, the sailor peeked back over at their target, seeing Morgrym charging like a beast possessed.

He couldn't get a clear shot, what with the Dwarf, the fire, the bomb, the fear. His pistol shook in his hand, but something guided him. Something gave Reynard the insight needed, coaxed his eyes to draw a bead on this fell creature and prepare to destroy it.

Forever.

He drew in a breath and waited until he had a clear line of fire. Despite the commotion and chaos, he felt at peace: He knew where to hurt this creature.

" Even Demons Die," he assured himself. ~

[sblock=Rolls and Actions]
Move: - Staying Put
Action: Ready Action: Will shoot the Fell Knight after it stands back up. Taking -6 total on the roll for Shaken and Shooting Into Melee.
Pistol Attack: 1d20+1 21Critical Hit!
Pistol Critical Damage: 1d8+1 8x4 = 32 Damage[/sblock]

[sblock=Reynard's Stats]Character Sheet
HP: 25/25
Condition: Shaken
Initiative: +6
Perception: +9
In Hand: Nothing
[sblock=Defenses]AC: 18 Flat: 13 Touch: 18
Fort: 7 Reflex: 10 Will: 7[/sblock]
[sblock=Offenses]Pistol (Mwk): +7, 1d8/x4
Chakrams: +6, 1d8/x2
- Flurry of Throws: +4/+4
Unarmed Strike: +6, 1d6

Paper Cartridges: 53/70
Entangling Shot: 5/5
Flare Cartridges: 5/5[/sblock]
Grit: 3/3
Deeds:
Gunslinger's Dodge
Quick Clear
Up Close And Deadly
[sblock=Adventure Notes]Game Info:
We have a dagger that is actually a Planar Key. It is very cool. It is also super dangerous.

The dagger is to go to someone named "Adalous". We reach him by going North through "The Dungeons"

Arvana supposedly knows a mythical oracle-like creature called The Lady. Reynard is intrigued and wants to go spelunking with her.

Reynard found a series of ancient maps, one of which appears to be magical. Morgrym called it 'a guide'. We have left these behind for now.

We stumbled across information on 'The Willings': powerful beings from ages ago who charted the world, experimented with planar gateways, and supposedly even had flying vessels. The city of Maran used to be called 'Cartaluga' to them.

The Willing and several other races banded together to fight against another species of "So-Called Gods". The Willing came from the prison plane of Avidor, and used our dagger to escape it.

We met a talking tree. That wasn't really a tree, but it sorta was. It gave us some seeds and asked us to spread them outside.

The Dagger is apparently an object that requires blood to use, and binds those whose blood it tastes. The Gardener (the Tree) said they he and his people have tried to destroy it many times, to no avail: it keeps coming back.[/sblock][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

Morgrym advances against the creature, hitting it hard just below the wings. Flames flicker as the axe swings into the heat, embers flying from the struck area.
The beast rises once more, engulfed in flames, roaring and flinging its sword against the monk… but it misses!

Soon after, Reynard’s precise shot hits the creature on the back of its head, shattering one of its horns as it explodes in a burst of blood and embers. The creature bends forward, howling as it steps forward, the sum of its bruises taking its strength away.

Arvana’s bow spits another quick arrow, missing the target. The arrow lodges firmly in a branch, not far from the fighters.

[As the beast rises, it gives attacks of opportunity for Marius, Morgrym, Arvana and Reynard. Rolled as follows]

[Arvana - 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22 (hit) – 8 points of damage

Reynard - 1D20+1 = [19]+1 = 20 (hit) - 1D8+1 = [8]+1 = 9

Marius - 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18 (hit) 1D6+6 = [5]+6 = 11

Morgrym -
1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24 (hit) 1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5]

The succession of attacks and the fires that burn through the creature’s flesh take the best of it. It begins to be dominated by pain and weakness, but it refuses to let go! The beast roars once more, cursing in draconic as it rises for one last attack!

ROUND 2 RESULTS:

FELL KNIGHT: near death; on fire.
ARVANA: uninjured; ready.
REYNARD: shaken; ready.]

[All melee attacks generate damage against the attacker, on account of the creature's armor. Marius and Morgrym may roll will to reduce it to half]

MORGRYM DAMAGE -
1D6 = [1] = 1 (success denies damage altogether)
MARIUS DAMAGE -
1D6 = [2] = 2 (success reduces damage to 1)]

[The Fell Knight is still flanked by Marius, Reynard and Arvana; I counted the bonuses for all OA attacks, o worries! @KahlessNestor, please move Morgrym as you wish. the link below should work just fine for the map!]

[I'm missing one of Marius' actions. I'll edit as soon as you post, Neurotic!]

[Please post actions for Round 3!]

New link to map:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nqispO67s2ZXLunqhdY4dnNwI/edit#gid=1405717895

@Trogdor1992 @Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Jago

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I just came home from renovating my in-laws appartment . I'll post tomorrow morning. Too tired. Good night all.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius spins in place, his hands spread for balance as the leg lashes out in the center of inferno. The boots sizzle from the heat, but also from his channeling of the dragons power! With solid thunk, he plants his leg in the middle of the knights breast plate and it shudders from the impact even as sparks leap from his leg into the armor.

He completes the turn quickly hoping to avoid negative energy backlash.

[sblock=Actions]
Fullry of blows 1; FoB2; damage1; damage2; lightning damage: 1D20+5+2 = [4]+5+2 = 11 -miss?
1D20+5+2 = [10]+5+2 = 17 - hit?
1D6+6 = [2]+6 = 8
1D6+4 = [2]+4 = 6
1D6 = [5] = 5

Total: 8 damage + 5 lightning

Fort save previous attack: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9

damage from armor: 1D6 = [3] = 3

Fort save current attack: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
Sorry, I looked at the map before your move. I'll add the roll when I return from work!

[EDIT: All set! Morgrym's attack included, landed and damage counted. Marius' first attack is a miss, but the second one hits. Damage taken is halved by the will test (succeeded). The Fell Knight still lives, preparing his last stand. You may post next round's actions!]

Last edited:

Jago

Explorer
~ Reynard could not believe his luck, his bullet seeming to have done serious harm to the demonic creature. Regardless, it still stood: despite all their best attempts, it still stood!

Shakily, the sailor reloaded his handgun, leveraging it once more to try and end this fight before it got out of hand. Sadly, his aim was nowhere near on mark when next he pulled the trigger, the shot going wild with Reynard cursing the fortunes and all with them.

" Finish it off, Finish it off now!" ~

[sblock=Rolls and Actions]
Move: - Staying Put
Action: Attacking the Fell Knight Taking -6 total on the roll for Shaken and Shooting Into Melee.
Pistol Attack: 1d20+1 6
Pistol Damage: 1d8+1 2[/sblock]

[sblock=Reynard's Stats]Character Sheet
HP: 25/25
Condition: Shaken
Initiative: +6
Perception: +9
In Hand: Nothing
[sblock=Defenses]AC: 18 Flat: 13 Touch: 18
Fort: 7 Reflex: 10 Will: 7[/sblock]
[sblock=Offenses]Pistol (Mwk): +7, 1d8/x4
Chakrams: +6, 1d8/x2
- Flurry of Throws: +4/+4
Unarmed Strike: +6, 1d6

Paper Cartridges: 52/70
Entangling Shot: 5/5
Flare Cartridges: 5/5[/sblock]
Grit: 3/3
Deeds:
Gunslinger's Dodge
Quick Clear
Up Close And Deadly
[sblock=Adventure Notes]Game Info:
We have a dagger that is actually a Planar Key. It is very cool. It is also super dangerous.

The dagger is to go to someone named "Adalous". We reach him by going North through "The Dungeons"

Arvana supposedly knows a mythical oracle-like creature called The Lady. Reynard is intrigued and wants to go spelunking with her.

Reynard found a series of ancient maps, one of which appears to be magical. Morgrym called it 'a guide'. We have left these behind for now.

We stumbled across information on 'The Willings': powerful beings from ages ago who charted the world, experimented with planar gateways, and supposedly even had flying vessels. The city of Maran used to be called 'Cartaluga' to them.

The Willing and several other races banded together to fight against another species of "So-Called Gods". The Willing came from the prison plane of Avidor, and used our dagger to escape it.

We met a talking tree. That wasn't really a tree, but it sorta was. It gave us some seeds and asked us to spread them outside.

The Dagger is apparently an object that requires blood to use, and binds those whose blood it tastes. The Gardener (the Tree) said they he and his people have tried to destroy it many times, to no avail: it keeps coming back.[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads