D&D 5E The Treasure Map - IC

Insight

Adventurer
Darwin definitely finds signs that gnolls were here, recently, within the past hour or so. He can follow gnoll tracks from the secret entrance to a corner of the first floor of the West Wing. The tracks abruptly stop there.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Darwin eye's narrow. Using his sword to point out the gnolls' passage, he says in a low voice:

"The tracks come in and stop here. Unless they vanished into this air, there must be a secret door...."

Darwin presses his ear against a solid surface to try to hear something. He then looks around for a hidden leaver

tracking check with advantage, investigate: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6
1D20+0 = [13]+0 = 13

(OOC: didn't edit the description properly but the roll values are correct, if not very good...)

He turns towards the others "nothing... maybe one of you can give a try?... quietly"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2wp81lg.jpg

Hagan’s Pass/Book Depository
Afternoon

“I will give it a try,” Kini said, moving forward. She peered closely at the wall, studying it, running her fingers over the seams of the bricks.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Investigation: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16
Move:
Concentration:
Conditions: Mage Armor
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kini’s Mini Stats]
Kini's Character Sheet
AC: 12 (15 Mage Armor)
HP: 24/28

Cantrips: Firebolt, Light, Improved Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, Shocking Grasp
1st (2/4): Color Spray, Mage Armor, Magic Missiles, Shield, Silent Image
2nd (1/3): Invisibility, Phantasmal Force, Web
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel was no trained investigator, but she had a decent eye for detail. She moved up just behind Kini and squinted at the bookcases, looking for anything out of place or maybe even a little too IN place...

(Perception! [roll0])

OOC: I presume I couldn't get an hour to attune

Shiver rolls up his sleeves and with a tang of the sea, a green cutlass appears in his hand. He steps forward, and pulls the door open just enough to slip through.

OOC: summon pact weapon - short sword

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"aha! Nicely done, I never even thought of looking at the floor"

Darwin blinked as his companion rushed through, then sighed. Of course the taller warriors without a shield would step up in front... ah well, someone had to watch the rear right?

Darwin gestured to Strange to follow, indicating with his sword that he would protect the party's retreat. He rolled his shoulders and twirled the Moonsword above his head a few time - he had a feeling it would be needed soon.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2wp81lg.jpg

Hagan’s Pass/Book Depository
Afternoon

Kini and Kestral found the secret door in the floor. Carefully they opened it, letting Shiver slip through to reconnoiter. Kestral followed, with Strange shortly after. Kini gave Darwin a bit of a worried look before slipping down into the opening herself, dropping down behind the others.

“Do we need light?” she asked quietly.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Concentration:
Conditions: Mage Armor
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kini’s Mini Stats]
Kini's Character Sheet
AC: 12 (15 Mage Armor)
HP: 24/28

Cantrips: Firebolt, Light, Improved Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, Shocking Grasp
1st (2/4): Color Spray, Mage Armor, Magic Missiles, Shield, Silent Image
2nd (1/3): Invisibility, Phantasmal Force, Web
[/sblock]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Darwin replied in a low tone "Gnomes can see in the dark, don't know about the others. Gnolls can/cannot. The light might give away our position"

(OOC: this is pretty basic gnoll knowledge that Darwin would know but I'm away from my books!)

OOC2: is there light down there?

Darwin listened ahead intently, and inhaled deeply. He could *smell* the gnolls (ugh) but how close were they?

Perception check while entering the secret door in the west wing: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19

Remove ads