Map of Cormyr

Blastin

First Post
I'm going to be running a game in Cormyr, specifically in the Stonelands, and I find I am in need of a map. The only one I can find that is anything close to up to date is the one in the FR campaign book, and it is limited as it really is aimed at the dales, and only catches Cormyr by accident.
Anyone know where I can find a good map?
Thanks
Blastin

diaglo

Adventurer
FRIAtlas on CD. ask annabobbit about it.

also you can download Volo's Guide to Cormyr for free on the WotC site.;)

Blastin

First Post
Thanks, I have Volo's guide, but it has really BAD and vauge maps. I was wondering if anyone knew of any more up to date maps. I have tried to Google it but get tons of sites about the novels and few about the game area, and none so far have had any good maps.....
Blastin

diaglo

Adventurer
anna designed a couple of the maps on the Atlas. check out the Maps/ Cartography section over on Mortality.net

Enceladus

First Post
Other than the latest FRCS, the best you're gonna get is the Atlas.

Out of curiosity what exactly are you looking for?

Blastin

First Post
Well...I would like something with the detail level of the map on Page 117 of the FRCS, but that shows all of Cormyr. The one I just mentioned cuts off the western 1/4...everything west of the stormhorns. It also doesn't name the road that cuts through the Stonelands.
What I'm going to try to do with this campaign is run the Domain rules from Birthright in Cormyr (for which it is perfect) with my players taking up the Crown's offer of being granted title over the Stonelands if they can pacify them. To do it right I need the best, most detailed map I can get of northern Cormyr. Or, if none is available, make it up myself. I can if I have to, but would rather spend my time on other aspects of the game than catrography;)
Thanks again,
Blastin

Arnwyn

First Post
The most detailed map of Cormyr is in the product "Cormyr", an older FR accessory that includes a 1" = 15 mile poster map of Cormyr.

caudor

Adventurer
In the adventure "Four From Cormyr" (which I believe is a free .pdf download now at WotC's website), there is a map of page 98 that may be of interest to you.

Just north of The Moonsea Ride (road to Tilverton), it shows Stonebolt Trial, which passes right through the Stonelands.

I hope this information is helpful.

haiiro

First Post
There's also the FR map from Dragon #287 ("Planes" is the theme), which covers all of Cormyr. This map is less detailed than the one on page 117 of the FRCS, but it is larger and doesn't cut off any portions of Cormyr.

The other three pieces of the map from Dragon (which is excellent -- the same quality as the pull-out map from the FRCS, only 4 times larger) are in issues 288, 289 and 290 respectively.

darkbard

Legend
there's also a map of cormyr in dungeon magazine [forget the issue number but it's the one with "the door to everywhere" adventure by roger moore] that includes some potential portals. plus, it's an adventure set in the stonelands, so that might prove useful to you.

Remove ads