Map of Cormyr

Blastin

First Post
Thanks for asll the replies. I'll have to look to see if I have that Dungeon...a module in the stonelands could be very useful.
Thanks again
Blastin

William Ronald

Explorer
I would like to suggest checking some of the links in the thread mentioned in my sig below. Several of the sites mentioned in that thread, such as Virtual Fantasy, have a lot of FR information.

caudor

Adventurer
William Ronald said:
I would like to suggest checking some of the links in the thread mentioned in my sig below. Several of the sites mentioned in that thread, such as Virtual Fantasy, have a lot of FR information.

Wow, that's excellent work you've done there! Thank you. I couldn't help but notice the grammar link...I think I've hit a gold mine here.

William Ronald

Explorer
Caudor, thanks for the compliment! The grammar link seemed logical to me as a resource for people who might want to run a game on the boards and as a list of resources for DMs.

A lot of people use homebrew campaigns, including my group. Many people want to have names that draw on a specific culture or language. (For an example of this on the boards, check out Sepulchrave II's Wyre story hours. It is well worth the read, and a good counterpoint to those who say D&D is all "hack 'n' slash". Excellent roleplaying and theological discussions.)

It is also sometimes difficult to come up with good names. (While there is much to like about the Realms and the World of Greyhawk, some of the names make me scratch my head. Or course there are several good ones as well. For example, Cormyr clearly derives its name from Cormanthor, the great forest. In the world of Greyhawk, Furyondy derives from the older Ferrond.)

If you dig deep enough on the grammar links, you can even find a web link on how to create a language. (Okay, you might not be as good at as Tolkien, but then again he was a teacher of several languages at Oxford.)

Last edited:

Blastin

First Post
Wow....thanks William Ronald. I haven't found any maps yet....but then again I only just started and I have already found TONS of other info on the Stonelands that I'm gonna find useful. Thanks VERY much...
Blastin

William Ronald

Explorer
Blastin:

Always glad to help gamers have fun. By the way, I am using my real name, so William or any reasonably polite variation will do.

Some of the links are mentioned for maps of Toril. So, take your time exploring the links. Also, you might want to visit the FR discussion forums at WotC's site.

Maybe some of our Realms experts can give Blastin a hand. Welcome to the boards!

Remove ads