[IC] The Odd Job

Azurewraith

Explorer
The man groans under the strain and is leaving heavily on Asha much like a drunk leans on a bar as the others finish cleaning up, even with magic it still takes some time to be certain that the scene is made clinical. As the group emerge after some 10mins the weather takes a turn for the worse as a torrential downpour begins or perhaps this is a blessing in disguise, even the simplest idiot would vacate the streets helping hide the crimes of the night. Nobody would miss the two thugs and a honest man was spared.

Azurewraith

Explorer
The party complete their grizzly business and meet Asha in the smithy they are inside the building next the lean-to. It is a humble aboad with a single room containing a bed table and a couple of chair's. There are tools and blue prints scattered everywhere along with hunks of undefined ore. A middle aged man with a shaved head and a simple white robe who's hem is stained brown he is wet to the bone."And the rain did this to him oh my" the man says, he is kneeling next to the bed with the apprentice a large leather bag is open next to him.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Kerzoth/Ivanhoe/Mill
Evening
Round 0

"Might have been useful for some information. But nevermind," Aloyisius said.

“Turich is all the information we need,” Hrguch said. “Kid can tell us anything else.”

The hobgoblin was impressed, though, with the magic user’s cleaning of the mill.

"And we are not going to be killing the man who works for the man who we work for. Honestly. You took a nasty wound to save him. We need him healed and helping the dwarf so we can leave as soon as possible."

Aloysius paused then added in goblinoid, "Understand?"

Hrgach narrowed his eyes at the mage. “We’d be doing them a mercy,” he told Aloysius, “and better for us if Turich can’t discover our involvement from them.”

The hobgoblin turned the apprentice over to the others and found a couple pieces of wood to lash together in a makeshift travois to move the bodies. As they exited the mill, rain started to pour. That was good. It would help hide them and clean the scene.

As the others returned to the smithy, Hrgach dragged the two bodies out of town. He stripped off their clothing, making sure to pocket any valuables, but nothing that might be identifying. Then he tossed the bodies into the pen with the two dozen pigs. The animals squealed hungrily at the smell of the blood.

Hrgach poked around the farmer’s outbuilding and found a shovel. He went into the woods and buried the armor, clothes, and other items before heading back to the smithy, letting the rain wash him clean of his dirty work again.

Finally the hobgoblin trudged into the smithy and went to the fire, pulling off his cloak and hanging it to dry before the hearth.

[sblock=Actions]
Bonus Action:
Free:
Action:
Move:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 13/13 Vitality: 17/17 HD: 1/1d10
Saving Face (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R)*
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Yes the rain got him terrible isn't it. The smith turns to you, smiles and subtly nods his head. The priest closes his eyes and clasps at the symbol on his neck it begins to glow with divine light. The injured man is emanates a golden glow he then springs up in the bed speaking so fast and tripping over his words nothing but incomprehensible babble. "Slow down you foolish boy. What happened the pretty one told me it was Turich's son that beat you. What did that thug want with you? The dwarfs face is concerned as he mention of Turich's name. The apprentice calms down he takes a breath in holds it and exhales.Sarich him and another ambushed me in the mi..
I know that much you fool. The question is why? There thugs sure but they don't go beating people to within an inch of their lives for no reasonAnger appears to be the predominate expression on what little face you can see.They... They wanted me to steal weapons from the forge to arm him and his gang, I haven't so i guess they finally caught up with me. They killed Sarich, Odrin what do you think that psychopath is going to do huh? write us a strongly worded note discouraging our action? No ill tell you what hes going to do hell come kick in that very door there and hell kill us slowly.
The dwarf scratches his beard lets out a long drawn out sigh before leaving the room.
OOC: The corpses had a couple of silver pieces on them. Anything else would have been able to be linked to them.[/occ]

Last edited:

Aloysius, having seated himself, has closed his eyes and breathes deeply and regularly. The comings and goings seem to pass him by as he strokes Zeke calmly and methodically.

OOC: Trying to get a short rest in

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Kerzoth/Ivanhoe/Smith
Evening
Round 0

Hrgach ignored the apprentice’s whining. He helped himself to a drink to warm himself and sat by the fire to dry out.

“So can you get that order done now?” the hobgoblin asked the dwarf. None of this was their problem. They were already in it deeper than they should be. He had no desire to get into it with Turich and his mercenaries.

[sblock=Actions]
Bonus Action:
Free:
Action:
Move:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 13/13 Vitality: 17/17 HD: 1/1d10
Saving Face (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R)*
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Finish the order?" Odrin surveys the room"I see no wood couldn't even if I particularly wanted to not only that to much moisture in the air, not that I expect you would understand the fine details of dwarven smithing... no one ever does. Once I have my wood and the rain stops ill gladly remove that Gheedon from my town,I can smell him from here'

The colour drains from the apprentices face"Forging steel at a time like this? Turich T.U.R.I.C.H, Turich he's a mad man he'll kill us all" The apprentices voice is trembling.
"He can try, Turuch is a bully nothing more one when should of said no to along time ago. If you have no where to stay you can sleep here. There's not much room but I'm sure you can all squeeze in, you can stay to Dave its no night to be out"

Jago

Explorer
~ Unlike the Hobgoblin, the Drow was deeply concerned by the revelations surrounding this 'Turich'. To hear the forgemaster and the apprentice speak of it, it reminded Faindil of the bandits that now troubled his home, the ones he was bound to stop. It did not seem right to try and attend to his own problems, but leave these folks to theirs.

" Your generosity is most kind, Master Odrin," Faindil thanked the dwarf for his offer of hospitality, gently inclining his head, " Kalethee blesses those who extend their house to others."

With the pleasantries out of the way, though, the Drow became sullen and serious, resting against his charred staff that dug into the floor of the workshop.

" However, Turich sounds as though he might be trouble for you and your people. If we are to wait for the order to be finished before we can leave with Gheedon, I would like to know more about him and his bandits: perhaps he can be made to .."

He pondered the correct word, especially considering the swiftness with which his current companions had dispatched the 'emissaries' of Turich from before.

" To understand that his presence is neither welcome nor wanted here."

The priest's voice became a touch harder: he had no love or mercy for those who preyed upon others, and neither did Kalethee. Her flame may have protected the meek, but it burned the wicked with just as much vigor. ~

[sblock=Faindil's Stats]Character Sheet
Undying Light Warlock, Level 1

HP: 9/9
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +3
Perception: +1
Darkvision: 60 feet
In Hand: Quarterstaff

[sblock=Defenses]AC: 14
Str:+0
Dex:+3
Con:+1
Int:+1
Wis:+3
Cha:+5[/sblock]
[sblock=Offenses]Sacred Flame: DC 13 Dex Save 1d8+3 Radiant
Dagger: +5 1d4+3 P
Quarterstaff (2-Hands): +3 1d8+1 B
Light Crossbow: +5 1d8+3 P[/sblock]
[sblock=Proficient Skills]History: +2
Insight: +3
Persuasion: +5
Religion: +2[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells]Cantrips: Unlimited
Dancing Lights
Light
Sacred Flame
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Level 1: 1/Short Rest
Burning Hands
Hellish Rebuke[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Notes]Transactions:
Total Accumulated Coin: 15 GP

Expenditures:
-1 GP to the Barmaid of Ivenho

Current Coin: 14 GP

Game Info:
It will take a day to travel through the "Shortcut" to Durran Mill, our destination.

A group called "The Royal Guard" controls the path, with palisade checkpoints.

A Demonic General was slain to the North, in an area now known as "The Scorched Grove".
- "There where seven demonic generals each embodying the worse aspects of mankind, they served under something so dark and alien no sentient race could fathom it" [/sblock][/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
"What do you have in mind? I doubt Turich will leave by choice he has grown fat from our milk so to speak" the dwarf stairs intently at the drow.

Remove ads