[IC] The Odd Job

Azurewraith

Explorer
"You mean Gheedon? The pigs headed out to see Odrin at the smithy,left some time ago."

Outside the weather is warm despite the shower. The clouds are obscuring the sun. All seems peaceful despite the event's of the night before.

The group staying with Odrin are awoken by a sharp rapping at the door. Dave, the apprentice freezes at the sound of the door. Odrin laughs" I don't think murderous orcs out for vengeance knock

Azurewraith

Explorer
"I would assume so, hell be pestering poor Odrin to hurry up again... You look like a,lovely girl not like that floozy in here last night had all those men drooling over her, watch your self with Gheedon he's a,lech"

"Thanks." Ana's hand instinctively reaches up to cover the scar on her face. She steps outside and feels heat on her cheeks that she cannot blame on the sun as the cloud obscure it. Her face sours as she remembers what the woman said about this Gheedon character.

After a moment she realizes she should have asked where the smithy was. No bother, she thinks as she sets to wandering about town to find the smithy. She asks at another store where she can find Odrin's smith and follows the directions. The smith is quiet as she approaches.

Ana sees that the smithy is dark and walks over to the cobblestone building. The voice coming from inside seem conversational. So she knocks on the door.

Azurewraith

Explorer
The door is opened by orc, a really,really big mean looking orc, his arms are the size of most people's thighs. Silently the orc stares at you before moving aside.
The room is packed to capacity with 1dwarf, 1drow and 4humans all crammed into the small simply furnished room. They all stare at you before the dwarf speaks up" Got a bit of a waiting list at the moment, what is it your after?"

The woman, dressed in clothes that have seen better days, is tall and she obviously isn't use to looking up at anyone as the she eyes the orc. She relaxes the hand that had gone to her sword hilt as the orc steps aside. The dwarf says, "Got a bit of a waiting list at the moment, what is it your after?"

Seeing the arms on the dwarf, the woman says, "Sir smith, I'm not seeking smithy work. I was told Gheedon might be here. I'm looking the hire on as a caravan guard."

Azurewraith

Explorer
The middle aged man whirls round his lavish cape swirling behind him"Caravans fu....." Gheedon stops mid sentence did I say full.... there's always and I mean always room for another pretty face" Gheedon begins to lick his lips and starts to play with the gold chain around his neck

The dwarf shakes his head in disgust at the merchant" As I was saying I can't finish your order while it"
"Yes, yes that's fine. Perhaps you would like to accompany me back to my room so we can discuss the details my dear." Gheedon cuts the Odrin off mid sentence as he eye's up Ana.

Aloysius rises from his seat by the fire, where he spent a surprisingly comfortable night - a lot more comfortable than many he has had recently. The memory of the three days snagged on a log in the river, drowning every day, still rankles. He had been sat with his eyes closed through most of the conversations, but this latest clumsy attempt at noblesse oblige was really too much.

The white cat that had been purring contentedly on his lap leaps off nimbly as he rises, and with a meow trots smartly over to the newcomer and jumps into her arms.

"Ahhhhhh", says Aloysius, ostentatiously yawning and stretching his arms.

"Gheedon, put it away, there's a good chap. It must be red raw after your elf abuse last night."

He turns to the red haired woman.

"You've made a friend, I see". With a graceful bow, he continues: "Aloysius von Hof of Hofholme, the fourth of my name. At your service."

Turning back to the room, he says, "I'm sure we can get her up to speed. Unless your Orc needs to conduct his sniff test first. Now,", this to the dwarf, "how long before we can be off?"

Remove ads