D&D 5E The Light of Civilization - A Renaissance Story

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
289ik8w.jpg

Fossice/Central Market/Tavern
Late morning
Round 0

"Our business is the protection of Fossice. Indeed, all of D'Argenta," the spokesman of the robed figures stated, holding up smooth, scholarly hands from the thick sleeves to reveal empty palms.

"You and I both know which girl we refer to. She is a danger to everyone around her, and only we have the means to make sure that no...accidents occur. Per favore, stand aside: you're in over your head here."

Magdalena chuckled. “Over my head? And just who are you, that this situation warrants your attention?” she demanded. She studied the men, detecting spells layering them. Mage armor, and the leader had his mage sight up. He would be able to see through the girl’s disguise just as Magdalena could.

"We are merely trying to protect the city, as well as enforce The Maker's wishes. Surely you would not be so presumptuous as to disallow us from doing so?"

“The Maker?” Magdalena raised an eyebrow. “You dare speak for the Maker, to a paladin of Her Church? You are no bishop,” she challenged. “Let me see your licenses. You bear the stink of magic about you.”

"Sorry to interrupt in your, ah, 'business' here, friends. We'll let you get to it," Iacopo said, beginning to slink off with his men.

Magdalena barely spared a glance for them, her focus on the more immediate danger of the mages.

"No you don't, stronzo!" Rossa roared, surging forth and drawing the dagger at her hip.

With the appearance of a weapon, Magdalena drew the large sword from her back. She turned to Arcata and hissed under her breath, “I need you to claim sanctuary!” She could not fight legal mage hunters without the blessing of the Church.

Initiative: 1D20 = [2] = 2

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Concentration: Detect Magic
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 28/28 HD: 3/3d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 15/15
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Abjure Enemy
Vow of Enmity
Prepared Spells:
1st: (Bane, Hunter’s Mark), Command, Cure Wounds, Detect Magic, Shield of Faith

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 1/4
[/sblock]

Lucien looked to Iacopo as he turned to leave. The man would not take Giovanni.

"Giovanni and I have business. You can have him when it's done. If that's not agreeable with you then we have a problem."

As he spoke the girl drew a blade. Lucien grinned. He always liked it when people chose the hard way. He pulls his hammer and shield.

[sblock=Action]Initiative: [roll0][/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
'Even more curious,' Jilliana thought as she heard some of the shouting from the alleyway. This was certainly going to require closer observation. Hauling her satchel along, she scampered forward to get a better look at the proceedings- though she was careful enough to stop at the corner and peer cautiously around it, rather than simply rushing into whatever pot was merrily building to a boil...

[sblock= OOC]
>Initiative 1d20+2= 15; roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=147128

>Move action: move 25 feet (of 30)
>Action: Used as move, cover the last 5 feet to the corner to take a look
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"...sanctuary?"

Arcata stared at the other woman uncomprehendingly. Asking for sanctuary would be...what? Throwing herself on the mercy of the Maker's church? But the Guild served the church didn't it?

These ones don't.

But if she asked for the protection of the church, that also meant she was surrendering herself to it. Didn't it?

We can discuss that nuance later, surely?

"They may be 'legal' mage hunters," Arcata said, "But what they're doing is not legal. If it's what you need though...I request sanctuary."

So it was to be a fight after all. Maker forgive her.

[roll0]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
289ik8w.jpg

Fossice/Central Market/Tavern
Late morning
Round 0

“Good girl,” Magdalena told Arcata, readying her blade.

“The girl has claimed sanctuary and my protection!” she announced to the robed men. “If you have grievance against her, you must needs take it up with the Church! Until then, she will remain in my custody. Do not press this, gentlemen,” she warned.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Concentration: Detect Magic
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 28/28 HD: 3/3d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 15/15
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Abjure Enemy
Vow of Enmity
Prepared Spells:
1st: (Bane, Hunter’s Mark), Command, Cure Wounds, Detect Magic, Shield of Faith

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 1/4
[/sblock]

Jago

Explorer
It appeared that The Magdalena's threat was not enough to deter the robed figures, the same androgynous voice answering her again.

" The Church does not control our interests: the pursuit of science and the arcane is solely the purview of The Maker, not mortal constructs or institutions. I ask you for the last time: move aside, Paladina, for all our sakes."

When it was ultimately clear that that Maker's chosen and the monk were not going to abandon the girl, and that the situation was becoming more untenable as some street brat was swearing like a sailor at those poor dockworkers and fixing to make the cobblestones bloody, the shrouded speaker sighed audibly.

" Very well."

With a singular nod ahead, the order was given with cool directness.

" Kill them all. No witnesses. Restrain L'esperimenta by any means necessary."

The assembled did not need The Magdalena's third eye to witness the robed figures draw small sticks and reach into pouches to procure a plethora of strange ingredients, the air in the alleyway beginning to crackle and burn as spellwork was afoot.

Yet, they were not quite fast enough.

GM: Party has barely won initiative. I'm talking like .2 difference here, well done folks. The turn order is yours!

tglassy

Adventurer
Nicolo exploded into action, heading straight for the lead robed figure, the one who had been talking. He led with a jump kick (bonus unarmed attack), aiming for the figure's stomach, following it with a downward strike with his staff (Attack action).

OOC: Since I readied my previous action to attack them if they threatened Arcata, can I take that action as well?

Current action: Unarmed Bonus Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]; Quarterstaff Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

Jago

Explorer
GM: For the Readied Action, it will consume your Reaction for the round, but yes - You specifically stated the trigger and the trigger was met, if you'd like to take advantage of that.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Done!

Nicolo continues his assault, striking with his staff.

OOC: Quarterstaff attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Ha! Crit!

Last edited:

Remove ads