Your top 10 TV shows of 2016

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
2016 was a pretty good one for TV. Here's my Top 10 list (of course, I didn't see everything this year).

1. Game of Thrones
  2. Black Mirror
  3. Westworld
  4. Planet Earth II
  5. The Night Of
  6. The Missing
  7. Stranger Things
  8. Supergirl
  9. The Night Manager
  10. Gotham

Shows which would have made the list in previous seasons, but weren't as good this year include: Walking Dead, Happy Valley, House of Cards.

Shows I wanted to be on the list, but didn't quite make it: Luke Cage, The Flash.

I'm sure i've forgotten some!

GameDaddy

Explorer
mmmm... hands down it would have to be Netflix. Although History Channel with the Vikings series is a very close #2.

1) Stranger Things
2) Marco Polo
3) The Last Kingdom
4) Gotham
5) From Dusk Till Dawn
6) Salem
7) Supernatural
8) Robin Hood
9) Ice Fantasy
10) Z-Nation
11) Revolution
12) Pinkertons
13) Marvels: Agents of Shield

and that is just some of Netflix's TV show lineup. They have plenty of good movies as well.

I've taken to enjoying amazon's Man In The High Castle, I just got done binge watching the 2nd season and look forward to a 3rd. Sadly, due to issues with life I haven't been able to keep up with Gothem since the 2nd season. I also got into a show that was first on the History Channel (discovered it while being in the Hospital of all places),then I guessed moved it over to A&E at least for US viewers,while remaining on the Canadian History channel,so it's second season is just now getting over here : Gangland Undercover.

Elodan

Adventurer
These were my must watch for 2016.

1. The Flash
  2. Game of Thrones
  3. The Expanse
  4. Star Wars: Rebels
  5. Archer
  6. Regular Show (In Space)
  7. The Simpsons
  8. Bob's Burgers
  9. Dark Matter
  10. Westworld
  11. The X-Files
  12. Stranger Things

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I don't think I watched 10 different TV shows in all of 2016. And what I watched was years behind of either Netflix or Amazon Prime.

1. The West Wing
2. House, MD
3. Gurren Lagann
4. Supernatural
5. True Blood
6. Hunter x Hunter
7. The Flash
8. Galavant

(I'll count things I'll watch with my kids, but not things I'd not put on but would watch if they had it like Worst Cooks in America, or series that I've mostly/completely watched in previous years but saw some episodes like Phineas and Ferb, Avatar the Last Air Bender, or Bob Ross.)

Jhaelen

First Post
Yeah, I meant shows of 2016, not shows you happened to watch in 2016. :)
Oh, then I doubt I watched a single one, yet. I normally wait until they've been dubbed and shown on free tv which usually means I get to see them 1-2 years later. I made an exception for Mr. Robot and Jessica Jones, buying both on DVD because I was eager to see them. I'm not yet into streaming, although I'm considering to sub for Netflix this year.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
  1. Game of Thrones
  2. Black Sails
  3. Lucifer
  4. Stranger Things
  5. Booze Traveler
  6. Bull
  7. Gotham
  8. NCIS: LA
  9. Hawaii 5-O
  10. NCIS
  11. Green Arrow

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Hmmm...my Big 10 in no particular order:

Flash
Fargo
Later...with Jools Holland
Archer
Dark Matter
Killjoys
The Expanse
The Magicians
12 Monkeys
The Venture Brothers

Honorable Mentions:

TWD
Homicide Hunter
Lucifer
Channel Zero
American Horror Story
Grimm
Doctor Who
America's Test Kitchen
Once Upon A Time
Criminal Minds

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Yeah, I meant shows of 2016, not shows you happened to watch in 2016. :)

Bah, network pawn. ;)

Really, TV is a chore for me. I'll spend hours reading or whatever but spending a hour or so in front of a TV is way down on my list of fun ways to spend time. Primarily it's when I'm sick.

I don't bother with live TV or DVR, just wait until things that have been recommended to me trickle down to Netflix (which my family loves) or Amazon Prime (which my wife had anyway). Much of what I watch is because my kids or wife has it on. The other part is because it's gotten recommendations specifically for me from multiple sources and I can binge it.

Sorry, I guess I'm not really the target of your post.

Remove ads