D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Dariana]
Dariana sees signs of wild game, as well as strange tracks that she has never seen before. It appears to be something dragging along the ground, but that also has what looks like...bite marks in the ground at random intervals. It doesn't look like whatever made the tracks comes here often, as they are fairly old. [/sblock]

The Pixie looks up in time to see what Quentin is trying, and tries to get out of the way.

OOC: Dexterity save, with advantage since she saw what was happening:
[roll0] or [roll1]

The Pixie easily dodged the water, though when she turned around, she seemed to be giggling, and even clapped her hands a few times.

"That was really good!" she said to Quentin, "Though, you should be a little more subtle about it."

When Asherah mentioned studies at the Academy, the Pixie's eyes lit up. But they dimmed again when suggesting the Pixie help the old man.

"Research? Bleh. Booooring. But I could come with you! I'll bet that big castle is a lot of fun! Oh, and don't worry about Bertha. Nobody likes her. And she doesn't like anybody. Or she likes everybody. I can't really tell. Can I please come with you?!"

Last edited:

"Well, what can I say, I lack practice." shrugs Quentin at her.
"I'm not sure you would like the castle, it may look fun, but it is not made for pranking, but study and research." He makes face at the last word, mimicking her expression.
"You could be researched. Or worse, you could be made to DO research. Better stick with the old man, he is safe from the academy."

Taking a breath, Quentin looks around at the group
"We should get back, the storm will hit soon. And you...if Bertha is mean, it doesn't mean you have to be. You can come with us to introduce yourself to the old man. We can talk further on the way. But no promises about coming with us any further, I don't speak for this group. I wouldn't mind. But I'm not sure about The Academy."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The Academy/Woods/Spring
Late Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

“I don’t know what the Academy policies are about you being there,” Asherah admitted. “You could ask. But Quentin is right. I don’t think they would take kindly to pranks. It has been nice meeting you, and I will see if I can visit again if I have time. But we do need to go before the storm hits.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 6/6
AC: 12
Unarmed: +1 1 B
Claws: +1 1d4 S
Flametongue Spear: +1 1d6/d8+1/P+1d6 fire 20/60
[/sblock]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar listens to everyone, waiting his turn to speak then looks to the Pixie.

"I think you scared the poor old man, you seem to have enjoyed it when Quentin tried playing a prank on you. Maybe if you two met you could have fun together? After all he didn't seem to know that you were here when he asked us to come, he only said he was worried about the water and didn't know what was going on with it."

tglassy

Adventurer
Throughout all that, the Pixie squeals and flies over to land on Quentin's shoulder. "You won't regret taking me with you. I can be a big help. I can't wait!"

Assuming the group heads back to the chapel, they make it to the field just as the skies overhead are growing darker, and the winds are picking up. The flowers are fully open, pointed at the sky.

"Oooh, pretty," the Pixie said, who has since introduced herself as Lyla.

The priest is at the door to his chapel, and sees you as you enter the field. He waves you over, urging you to come quickly.

"The storm is coming. It'll be safer in here!"

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar Looks nervously around at the big beautiful flower, LIGHTENING! They attract lightening! He remembers the Dwarf's words.

He heads to the building at a brisk walk (For a Gnome)

OOC:
The first sight of lightening or sound of thunder he is startled, jumps in the air, feet going as fast as he can before they even touch the ground. :)

Azurewraith

Explorer
Mim wanders in and nods at the old man"Simple prank, spring fine"

Seeing the gnome leap at the sound of thunder Mim just can't help himself, he follows the thunder clap with one of his own followed by the sound of applause at the acrobatic display.

"Nice to meet you, Lyla." smiles Quentin

He recovers his trident and heads back with the group to the old mans hut. As the storm approaches he looks up at the storm clouds and lowers his weapon nearly to the ground. As they approach the hut he hurries over under the roof.
"At least we cannot capsize here."

tglassy

Adventurer
"Come in, come in," the old man says, bringing the group inside. No sooner do they step through the threshold than thunder and lightning starts flashing from the sky. "Oh, it's beginning. Please, watch from the windows, but keep a few steps back."

To any who care to watch, the show is riveting. Lightning flashes from the sky, hitting flowers over and over, lighting up the field. But none of the flowers catch fire. They simply glow brightly as a lightning bolt hits it, and the energy seems drawn to the ground.

"Happens every thunderstorm," the priest says. "The flowers, they have some kind of sap that absorbs the lightning. I've tried other forms of power on them, but only lightning is absorbed. It's beautiful, and deadly."

He sits down, "Did you find out why the spring was desecrated? What's this about a prank?"

Remove ads