D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

"Meet the mastermind of the pollution. This is Lyla and she wants to meet you." Quentin offers a hand to Lyla to stand on and extends her toward the man (if she climbs into it).

"The pool is clear and it was never poluted in the first place."

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar keeps running but ducks and covers his head when Mim mimicks the thunder.

From the safety of the inside of the building he watches practically oblivious to everything else, mesmerized by the strange flowers as the lightening repeatedly strikes them.

"I have 100 questions! Why do they do this? How? What happens if you cut one? Does that release the lightening? Do they store it or consume it? Have you tried harvesting the sap? Could it be used to protect things? How long does it retain is properties? How do the flowers grow? Does it have seeds? Do they only grow here?" Zivar stops, only now realizing that he hadn't stopped so much as to breath let alone let the man answer any of his questions.

He looks back at the rest of the people inside the building, pauses for a moment and looks back out the window. "Thats more important, I'll wait. But I would love to hear more about these flowers. He's right though, we didn't find any acid, or signs of acid, just nice clean water."

tglassy

Adventurer
Lyla stands with her hands behind her back on Quentin's hand as the priest examines her.

"Ah yes, I see," he said. "Well, don't I feel somewhat foolish, making you go all that way. Still, a promise is a promise."

He opened a drawer and pulled out a small sack, as well as a rolled up scroll. "Here is the map I promised. There is a road to the a bit to the northwest that cuts through the forest. It curves around the west side of the Academy, so you wouldn't have hit it if you headed straight there from here. It will cut of quite a bit of your journey. And as I promised," he pulled out some vials from the bag, each one about an inch long with a glowing yellow sap inside. "This is the sap from the Light Flowers outside. I trade this with the Academy's temple from time to time, as it is highly valued as an ingredient in their spells, especially in spells that raise the recently dead. You wouldn't be able to use it, of course, unless you were a Cleric of the Temple, but if you were to give it to them when you get back, it would likely go a long way to allowing you access to that school. No guarantees, of course, but you never know. You could try giving it to the Arcane School instead, but I cannot guarantee it would help. While they do have an interest in the plants, they are rather finicky about who they let in."

The priest smiles at all of Zivar's questions. "The flowers are extraordinary. The lightning is funneled to the ground, and as far as I know it is disbursed. There are a few other patches like this one in the area, but they seem to like this forest. I've never seen them anywhere else."

"Besides the sap being an ingredient in spells, chewing on a leaf provides a pleasant shock to the system. Sort of a tingle, if you will, nothing harmful. Not everyone likes it, but it does seem to help against being charmed or bewildered. I am still doing more experiments with it, of course, and the Academy will have more of my findings as I make them. Feel free to take some petals with you as you leave, they'll be the most potent after the storm, which should be over in a few moments. Another thing I've noticed is the storms seem to dissipate quickly when they pass over this spot. I'm not sure if their energy is being sapped by the flowers or if there's some weather pattern I don't know about, but they don't usually last more than half an hour."

Greenmtn

Explorer
"Really!? I could take some? That is so very kind of you. These are very interesting plants. Thank you I will grab some petals on the way."

Zivar graciously takes his vial, looking at it rather amazed, then goes back and looks back out the window. "Is everything here this... He struggles for a moment as if looking for the right words. "Wonderous"

On the way out Zivar will Make sure that he thanks the Priest for his hospitality and help as well as take his suggestion about chewing on the petal, and take one for the road as well.

OOC: I know thats a few posts for a day. But a storm created a slow night at the bar and that means I'm home before my coffee wore off.

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Lyla where does Bertha live? Will this path avoid her?"
Mim shows her the map

After the storm passes Mim will head out and harvest some of the petals and await the rest of the rag tag bunch.

Quentin returns Lyla back to his shoulder, still smiling. He goes out as the storm abates and immediately chews on a petal to see if he can feel "the hit". He offers part of it to the little fey and takes another one to his pouch.
"I'm not really interested in plant life, as fascinating as this is. But having a patch on a ship in the storm if they drain the storm of the power? Now that's a worthy goal. But I assume they need lots of water, yes?"

Looking at his vial of sap he offers it to the group. "I'm not interested in being a priest. A magic lessons could maybe help me control some of my innate power, but studying magic for life...I don't have time for that."

tglassy

Adventurer
"The temple teaches more than being a priest," the old man says. "It teaches how to center yourself, and the power of faith. It's the only place that teaches healing magics, so if you would ever like to learn that, then you must spend some time at the Temple. But that's up to you. The sap is yours to do what you will."

He looked out the window as the lightning storm passed, leading to a gentle rain. It is currently late afternoon. "The worst is over. You are more than welcome to stay the night here, though there isn't a lot of room, so you would have to sleep in the Worship Chamber. If you leave now, though, you could be at Halcyon by tomorrow at sunset. You should be able to make it to the road by nightfall, then you can make camp there. The choice is yours."

In response to Mim's question, Lyla just shrugs, "I don't know mortal map thingies. Your sense of direction is way off, anyway."

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar looks to the map, then to the priest. "So the road is this way and the Academy this way? Is the forest safe to camp in? When asking directions he points in the direction he believes them to be in from looking at the map.

"For what it's worth I think if it's safe to camp out there we should get going. I'm eager to get to the Academy. Quentin, If you truely don't want the sap I would be interested. I find it amazing and fear I will need all the help I can get to get into the school of Arcane Studies. Maybe if I graduate from there I could make the patch you mentioned."

Remove ads