• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

"I once spent a winters night out side in the snow with no bedroll, I'm sure we will be fine in the well sheltered forest."

"I'm for remaining here, not for any comfort issues, but for the walls. I don't mind the water, as you may have seen. Mim, if you had the choice, would you spend a winter night outside? If I'm on watch duty, whatever the weather, I'll stand firm. But in bad weather, why would I be outside if I don't have to be? We can sleep here. Good scholar, you wouldn't happen to have food for all of us, would you? We would need to go out and find something before the night if we're to remain here."

Azurewraith

Explorer
Mim looks at Quentin he was right... but now Mim felt like he was losing face. The Kenku heads of to a corner pulls out Barnabus and begins to squeak away.(What do you think to this lot then?)

tglassy

Adventurer
"I still have my stew simmering, and it should be enough for all. There is plenty of room in the sanctuary, to rest, though I'm afraid there are no beds. Still, it will be warm and dry. I will put together a pack of food for the road tomorrow. If you head out just before sunrise, you should make it to the Academy just after sundown tomorrow, though it will be a hard push."

OOC: You are all welcome to stay, eat, and rest up. RP whatever you want. Let me know if anyone takes watch, though remember Dariana's Bow would sound an alarm if danger comes near. I'll give you some time to post whatever RP you want. Unless RP is on going, I'll continue the trek tomorrow evening (real time), fast forwarding to morning and having y'all go on with the journey. Shouldn't be much longer before making it to the Academy.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Mim happily eats the stew as he looks around the group and he realizes he knows nothing about these people.
"This is Barnabus XXIVVIX nobility of the highest order. He's all the family I have right now. I wound up here by accident.
We come from Cragwall, grew up on the mean streets. Barnabus kept me safe."

OOC: is XXIVVIX rat sound? You know, squeeking?

"I am a trader child, travelling around the world, learning my fathers trade. But I want my own ship and one way to get it is to get to The Academy and learn new things. I want to become one of the Captains of the Great House." Quentin nods at kenku
"Must be tough, living on the street. But how could you get on the ship 'by accident'. I mean, generally people plan to get in here for betterment of their lives, for learning, for many reasons, but accident...I mean..." he waves uncertainly "What do you plan to do now? To fail and return back? To succeed? You said yourself, you didn't plan for this."

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Some ones thugs I believe they where working for someone named Corking, nailed me in a crate. I was invited to the academy just arrived by different means.

The streets were rough but as Someone once told me pain is an excellent teacher."

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar looks to Mim "I can't imagine not having my family around."

He looks nervous.

"My Grandfather was a miner. He died in the mines raising enough money to get a jeweler to take my father on as an apprentice. Our family has done OK in the business, my brothers and I have been working since we could hold tools and our products are some of the best anywhere. I know I look a coward. Really the workshop is all I have ever really known for the last.. 35 years. In order to be taken seriously though my father feels we need an Academy graduate in the family. So I am to bring prestige to my family"

His chest swells with pride for a moment. "I'm the best gem cutter you will ever meet and if that were enough to get me through the academy it would be a walk in the park." A momentary pause. "But, it's not. So I came not knowing what to do. I remember when I was younger, stories about heroes with magical items amazed me, and Quentins ability to control water is amazing. That is why Arcane Studies will be my first choice."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The Academy/Woods/Spring
Late Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Asherah shook her head at the overeagerness of some of the others. “If we were properly prepared for a night in the wilds, or were pressed for time, it might be a different story,” she said. “But we are neither. A night in relative comfort and safety would be better than arriving a few hours earlier at the Academy.”

The good priest seemed content to host them, and after a dinner of his stew. “I am not familiar with the gods in these parts,” Asherah told the priest. “Is there a proper way to show our respect and thanks since we will be using your sanctuary for such mundanities as sleeping?” she asked him.

As the others started sharing their stories, Asherah said, “I come from a caste of clerics among my people. I do not know if that is the path I will take, though. That is part of the reason I am here. I was a member of the Suzerain’s court back home and was able to do His Worship a service, for which he rewarded me with a position at the Academy.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 6/6
AC: 12
Unarmed: +1 1 B
Claws: +1 1d4 S
Flametongue Spear: +1 1d6/d8+1/P+1d6 fire 20/60
[/sblock]