• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

Greenmtn

Explorer
Mim hands Zivar his ornate equipment and ring."Think these would be worth anything?" The ring is magic.

Zivar places the items on the table, reaches into a pouch and produces a rolled up cloth. As he unrolls it pockets of tools are relieved.

Donning an odd looking set of glasses he clears his throat and examines each piece one at a time, looking at each from different angles in the low light of the room. Mumbling to himself as he flips different lenses up and down on his eye pieces. After a few moments he takes the glasses off, returns them to their place and returns his tools neatly where he got them from.

"Let me start by saying thank you. I always enjoy looking at interesting work. It's odd, or at least I find it odd, that on such well done pieces I see no guild markings. The dagger and crossbow are extremely well made and were either made by or for the same person I would imagine. The crossbow especially, gets me thinking because of it's interesting modification. I will admit that weapons are not my specialty but I would estimate the dagger at 50-75 gold, and the crossbow at... 200, maybe a bit more"

Zivar picks up the ring again and holds it out in his upturned palm. "It's fairly basic, but well done, classy without being extravagant. I would have cut the stone differently, unless the customer insisted, but the craftsman did a good job on the cut chosen. Again no 'makers mark' unless it is hidden magically. Without knowing what the enchantments on it are I couldn't begin to give you a value for this but I will tell you that if it were not magical... You might get 350 for it. More or less depending on the skill of the seller and the ability of those interested to pay."

There is an tone in Zivars voice that is easily identified. You have seen him scared, excited and mesmerized, but for the first time he seems comfortable, confident, and in his element.

Last edited:

, and Quentins ability to control water is amazing. That is why Arcane Studies will be my first choice."[/B]

"I cannot take any credit for that. I'm a child of a Marrid - and that's about all I know about it. But I can breathe water, swim as well as I walk and have some minor control over the element. But it is all natural, not something I learned. But I practice. I like water. And I know water elves from the harbor of my city."

After Zivar gives his appraisal, Quentin nods.
"Good items."

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"If we are sharing our stories, there isn't much to tell. I was raised by a tribe of Goliaths who rescued me after my parents were killed. I left when I was old enough to survive on my own and searched far and wide for my people. I fell in with another wood elf of some standing aand he sponsored me for the academy."

tglassy

Adventurer
Everyone talks and has a good time. The NPC's aren't important enough to go in to their stories, and Raven just rolls her eyes if anyone tries to talk to her.

The priest puts together a pack of supplies for the next day, which is mainly rations for everyone, and leaves it by the front door. As everyone else lays down for bed, he decides to retire to his room.

OOC: If anyone wants to make a perception roll, that would be great. This is for perceiving things in the night.

Remove ads