Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Goodsport

Explorer
From what I've heard, this is the first game in the series that doesn't have a single-player campaign (the last Rainbow Six game that I'd played was Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield and its expansions) and only one game mode has co-op (the players all on the same team against A.I. driven terrorists). Otherwise, it's all PvP.

I don't enjoy PvP. At all. :(

For those who've already played this game: is there enough playability in the co-op game mode to justify a full-game purchase on the PC or would it just be wasted money for me? And can the co-op be played solo or must there be other players on the team with you (which I usually don't mind, although the occasional jerk sometimes makes his/her way even on to co-op modes in games to make the experience miserable)? :confused:

-G

Last edited:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
There's no campaign, but there are single player mission called Situations. They're kind of a tutorial for the different classes and how things work. There's also a Terrorist Hunt game mode which can be done alone or with other people, which is fun with friends.

As far as the pvp is concerned, this is one the best pvp games ever made. The options that the players have, the desctructible environments, the pace, it's all pitch perfect.

But I really would not recommed you to buy the game just for the singleplayer. There's really not enough value for your money.

Goodsport

Explorer
There's no campaign, but there are single player mission called Situations. They're kind of a tutorial for the different classes and how things work. There's also a Terrorist Hunt game mode which can be done alone or with other people, which is fun with friends.

As far as the pvp is concerned, this is one the best pvp games ever made. The options that the players have, the desctructible environments, the pace, it's all pitch perfect.

But I really would not recommed you to buy the game just for the singleplayer. There's really not enough value for your money.

Thank you for the info. :)

I was in Ubisoft's online store a few days ago and came that close to purchasing the game (I even spent 100 Ubi Points to lower any online purchase from there by 20%), but something held me back. I finally stepped away from the computer and slept on it. With perhaps a clearer head and your confirmation of my concerns, I'll likely give the game a pass, though I may reconsider in the future if more co-op modes and/or a single-player campaign* are eventually added.

It's kind of bittersweet, though, since it's been a while since I've played the series on PC and finally wanted to return. The first three games in the series (Rainbow Six, Rainbow Six 2: Rogue Spear and Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield) and their expansions were awesome. It was with the demo of the fourth game (Rainbow Six: Lockdown) when I saw that I can no longer play, mainly because of how poorly the demo ran on the PC I had at the time and it'd be a while longer before I could upgrade it or buy a new one, but also because of the other drastic changes such as the removal of the planning phase, the more "run-and-gun" nature of the gameplay, the removal of Bill Brown's awesome musical score in favor of some thumping techno music, the loss of helmets (which later returned on the PC version) and the inclusion of certain unrealistic visuals on some of the operatives.

After that, I couldn't play the rest of the series' numerous games in a while because either my then-PC still couldn't handle them or that they were exclusively on other platforms. Things finally started looking up for my return to the series shortly after Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots was announced, both because I'd finally bought a new PC by then and because it finally appeared that my return to the series, the single-player campaign and the multiplayer co-op, was imminent. Unfortunately, the game got canceled before it was ever released and we got the multiplayer-only and PvP-heavy Siege instead. :(

-G

* Unlikely at this point, but it happened with S.W.A.T. 4 (the base game had no single-player campaign, but its expansion pack did).

Remove ads