D&D 5E The Dwimmermount [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
I should clarify a bit more my ideas of sponsors. Your character can have a personal one or your group can have a group one.

For personal sponsors, you need to come up with the group, what they stand for, what they want from you, what they 'fronted' you. So say you are a noble and your family has sent you hear to retrieve a family heirloom lost by some ancient ancestor of yours. They might front you some extra money, a warhorse, better armor etc. But they expect you to local this heirloom, so you are going to need to do some research maybe in town looking through the city's archives to find out when he/she was last seen in town, who they were with, where they might have been going, etc.

A group sponsor might do the same thing or might ask that you give them first crack at buying any magical items/artifices that you find within the mega-dungeon. They will pay a fair price but want to be the first to have the options.

I don't want it to restrict your characters BUT something like a Patron etc.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Maybe I'm trying to complicate things too much by getting us all to have the same sponsor.

I'm happy for people to use mine (though it needs a bit more fleshing out) or I can use someone else's idea. Could we have multiple group sponsors? eg some of us under one and some under another.

I'm hoping to have time tomorrow to finish my character - but that depends on how many calls come in.

GreenKarl

First Post
Well just as a foreshadowing most 'adventure groups' in town do have sponsors.

Oh and when you sign up for an Adventuring Charter you are going to need to register your 'group's name' :D

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Okay, still working on my character and had a question about customizing a background. Could I drop one or both languages from the sage background and pick up proficiency with Tinker's tools? I'm sort of liking the idea that his locks and traps abilities arose kinda naturally from work his master had him doing fixing and maintaining little clockwork devices.

TallIan

Explorer
Finished Magen apart from a description, maybe a picture, and languages. I've changed his background to noble because I kind of fancy the retainers. I might add a few details to back story depending on how we go on with how we all got together.

Are we just using the normal languages (elven, dwarven, celectial, etc)?

GreenKarl

First Post
Okay, still working on my character and had a question about customizing a background. Could I drop one or both languages from the sage background and pick up proficiency with Tinker's tools? I'm sort of liking the idea that his locks and traps abilities arose kinda naturally from work his master had him doing fixing and maintaining little clockwork devices.

Hmm I guess that would be ok with me... go ahead

SunGold

First Post
Provisional character sheet: Shara, Cleric of Pelor

[sblock=Basics & Proficencies]Race: Human Gender: Female Class:Cleric 2 (Light) Background: Hermit Alignment: NG Age: 24

HP: 22 HD: d8 AC: 17 (14 scale, +1 dex, +2 shield) Initiative: +1 Passive Perception: 15

Str: 9 (-1) Dex: 12 (+1) Con: 16 (+3) Int: 14 (+2) Wis: 16 (+3) Cha: 12 (+1)

Proficencies:

Skills: History (+4), Insight (+5), Medicine (+5), Religion (+4), Perception: (+5)
Saving throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Weapons: Simple
Armor: Light, medium, shields
Tools: Herbalism kit

Languages: Common, Celestial, Infernal

Cleric features: Warding Flare (3/long rest), Channel Divinity (1/rest)[/sblock]
[sblock=Spellcasting]Spell slots: 3 (1st level) Spell save DC: 13 Spell attack mod: +5

Cantrips known: Light, Guidance, Sacred Flame, Spare the Dying

Spells prepared: Burning Hands, Faerie Fire, Bless, Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Sanctuary[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]Mace (+1 to attack, 1d6-1 bludgeoning dmg)
Light crossbow (+3 to attack, 1d8+1 piercing dmg), 20 bolts

Scale mail, shield, explorer's pack, holy symbol, scroll case stuffed full of notes from studies and prayers, winter blanket, set of common clothes, herbalism kit, 105 gp[/sblock]
[sblock=Appearance & Personality]Appearance: Shara has the tawny complexion and long dark hair of the women of the White Desert. Though she only ever wore her lightly-woven vestments in the desert, she's donned armor for Dwimmermount: golden-bronze scale that complements her friendly, honey-colored eyes. Even so, her slight build is clearly not suited to physical combat.

Personality: Shara has a natural aversion to violence, and much prefers healing or helping to engaging in it. She has no interest in coin or treasure beyond that which she needs to pay for modest accomodation. The only exception to this would be a magical item she believed could be used to help others or somehow aid Pelor's order.[/sblock]
[sblock=History]Shara doesn't know where she was born, but if you asked her where her home was, she would reply without hesitation: the temple of Pelor (or Al'Asrad, as they call him in the White Desert) in Ahmerrad, jewel of the White Desert. That's where she was left as an infant, and where she was raised by the kind priests and priestesses who served there. Few would call an orphan lucky, but she had a happy childhood nonetheless, and came to love the place and those who tended it.

When she came of age, Shara decided to remain at the temple and take the vows of the order. After three years of study and meditation, she was sent where all initiates begin their priesthood: to man one of the order's small outposts far outside the city walls.

The desert was a dangerous place to travel, and Pelor's shrines along the caravan trade routes were known as places of sanctuary. There, weary travelers or passing nomads could count on the Sun-Father's acolytes to heal wounds, cure lingering ailments, or even create water if they'd had the grave misfortune to run out. Succor was offered to all without questions or request for coin.

Given her friendly disposition, the long stretches of solitude were sometimes difficult for Shara, but she understood why young initiates were sent to these places. Aside from the opportunity to live her faith of charity, she was benefiting from the practice of her magic, and the solitude provided ample time for study and prayer.

She lived this way for a few years, until she believed she had grown as much as she could at the shrine. Customarily, acolytes ready to progress from here chose some spiritual task or pilgrimage, presenting it to a high priest or priestess for approval. She began to wonder what hers might be.

One day a caravan came along, its travelers aflutter with the news about Dwimmermount. That night she stayed up late in meditation, and when the night was darkest, she knew: here was her task. Bring Pelor's light to this place of darkness, and his gifts of healing to those who would face its dangers. She wrote a letter and gave it to the caravan master before they left in the morning, asking him to take it to the temple when they reached Ahmerrad.

A few weeks later, a fresh-faced replacement arrived, along with her approval and sponsorship. She spent some time acquainting the new priestess with life at the shrine, then packed her few belongs and joined the next caravan headed to the Middle Lands...[/sblock]

Remove ads