D&D 5E The Dwimmermount [OOC]

TallIan

Explorer
[MENTION=6853819]TallIan[/MENTION] , no worries on jumping on my story, we all have to have formed as a group by the start anyway. In a similar vein, I was thinking Hunter and Magen would be trying to find Mikel. In his guild or tavern days Hunter could have heard of the bookworm wizard and would be searching him out for knowledge on the Dwimmermount or something like that.

The idea of SunGold’s religious order being our groups sponsor makes some since to me. The Guild Hunter belongs too could afford to be a sponsor but I can’t think of a real good reason they would spend the cash. A religious order though would seem to have plenty of reasons to want to look into the unknown.

That sounds good. I wasn't sure how much of Parian and Gao you have imagined, but they could be Lord Calaway's estate - I only really have a rough family tree with a miserly head. That would create a lot of overlap between the characters.

I do like your idea of seeking out Mikel, along the way - or he could stem from the same city.

Sungold's order would make a good sponsor, I'm not married to the idea of being sponsored by Lord Calaway. We'll have to see how we can fit the whole thing together. Or the group can have multiple sponsors - I guess?

Thateous

Explorer
After looking at the races I suggest charwoman gene go human just so we're all the same. I was planning on going human outlander pact of the blade warlock. Party of humans, so better get them torches ready.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

SunGold

First Post
Eh, I don't see any reason we'd all need to be the same race. Could make for some good RP to have a lone member of another.

The gaggle of humans definitely helped me choose the light domain though. I'm playing a human in Out of thr Abyss, and have reeeeaaaally come to appreciate the light cleric. Free light forever, without having to be constantly worried about my torch supply. :)

TallIan

Explorer
It is quite interesting, normally there are a few elves

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SunGold

First Post
Btw, I may have misunderstood, but I got the impression that each of us needed a sponsor? Thought the charter was a collective thing but sponsorships were individual. Could be wrong though.

GreenKarl

First Post
Btw, I may have misunderstood, but I got the impression that each of us needed a sponsor? Thought the charter was a collective thing but sponsorships were individual. Could be wrong though.

No if you want a sponsor in your background you can have one BUT you have to have promised them something for this sponsorship. I.e. 'the first magic item I get I will send to you', or 'you will preach about how great our organization is and send back reports', or 'this is a loan of 'x' among (for the Carter) and we expect 50% return on this loan', or 'I'm a loyal servant of some order and I am doing this for them', etc.

Otherwise you could look for a sponsor at the town OR you can see if you can pay it off yourself or if there is something that the local leaders want done in exchange for the sponsorship. The town does not advertise what or how much the Charter is and it has only been offering them for the last month or so as the rumors of the Dwimmermount recent opening (2 months ago).

If you have a sponsor already you might discuss it with the others of your group on your way to Muntburg (the game will start a day or two before you have arrived but you have all been traveling together for at least the last week or so).

SunGold

First Post
Ok, in that case we've got a sponsorship if we want it, since GreenKarl approved it in my PM about my cleric's background.

However, the sponsorship itself isn't important to her story at all, so I'd be happy to leave that out of her background if it's important to someone else's PC. I feel like it might be more significant to Magen's story--that this otherwise miserly patriarch was willing to pay it, and that the return on his investment might change Magen's future. All my PC really cares about is her order's blessing to go on the journey.

So if anyone else would rather secure us the sponsorship, go for it. :)

Remove ads