D&D 5E You lads ever play 5e... on weed?

ThunderDM

Banned
Banned
How would you represent the effects of something liek weed on your characters? I just smoked a bit irl and then I went and rolled around in the back yard like in Dark Souls and then I got this crazy thought in my head, that I guess the PCs can drink but what about GHOST WEED FROM THE SHADOWFELL.

Maybe disadvantage on Concentration checks and all Int checks while under the influence?

The paladins of Helm roll up and start using shocking grasp on you (like a taser) and taking you to Spellhold for possessing the ghost weed?

jrowland

First Post
First off: Don't do Drugs

That said, I spent most of my 20's high. I can honestly say I played D&D for a decade stoned.

Modelling being high on weed in D&D? Poisoned condition for about an hour. Habitual users become immune: no game effects, but feel free to roleplay being an idiot.

ThunderDM

Banned
Banned
Holy crap I KNEW I'd get a reply like that. I KNEW it and wanted to see if I was right. I rotate between good replies and then negative replies like this on 4chan.

I was thinking that there's some kind of algorithm or something that keeps you from getting too many good or bad replies on the internet. I think there's only like 300 people in the whole orld and there's a trick being played on me where I am mainly answering bots and stuff.

You make a good post and you get like 1/3 good replies and 2/3 mean replies just to keep you inspired but not on Cloud 9. You ever feel that way disc? I mean I think there is something really sinister going on with this internet thing and we're all being subjected to it. Depending on how you reply I will know if you are a real or fake person.

SO go babe, lemme know what you think.

ThunderDM

Banned
Banned
See I think Jrowland is a real person online, since his reply had some character to it. I am not sure about the rest however. There is DEF something sinister going on around here though. I think maybe I am trapped in a room and hallucinating this or something. Or this is hell and I've died and I just suffer slow burn insanity forever again and again.

But assassin rogues seem kewl.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I was half interested when I saw the thread title but the content of the post was a downer.

Anyway, my main weed-smoking days were in college, after I'd stopped playing RGPs.

But I don't think I would have enjoyed it. While I had some fun times with it, pot was never was something I liked to do when trying to accomplish anything with a group of people.

As for playing with people under the influence, it depends on the person. In college I can think of two opposite extremes:

Friend 1: Smoked a lot. Every day. But was highly functional and even very productive on weed. He would have no problem playing the game high.

Friend 2: Also smoked a lot, but turned into a complete idiot. Would forget what you were talking about mid conversation and then it would be all "wait, what? Oh duuude... I'm so high. [laughter and giggles]" After a while I just wanted to hit him in his stupid hippie face and I was peace-loving hippie at the time.

Caffeine is a much better drug for TTRPGs. Nicotine is okay, but now that I and most of my players don't smoke, it can be disruptive having a heavy smoker who needs lots of smoke breaks.

Weed may be good for some GMs to come up with ideas for game, but in play? Not unless you are all the type who are heavy users with high tolerances and the kind of brains that just get mellow on THC rather than stupid and distracted. In general, I would think that psychedelics/hallucinogenics and TTRPGs don't mix.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Holy crap I KNEW I'd get a reply like that. I KNEW it and wanted to see if I was right. I rotate between good replies and then negative replies like this on 4chan.

I was thinking that there's some kind of algorithm or something that keeps you from getting too many good or bad replies on the internet. I think there's only like 300 people in the whole orld and there's a trick being played on me where I am mainly answering bots and stuff.

You make a good post and you get like 1/3 good replies and 2/3 mean replies just to keep you inspired but not on Cloud 9. You ever feel that way disc? I mean I think there is something really sinister going on with this internet thing and we're all being subjected to it. Depending on how you reply I will know if you are a real or fake person.

SO go babe, lemme know what you think.

OK. I think you belong on my "ignore" list. :)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Y'know, while the ignore lists exist for a reason, saying something like that is a little rude and very unnecessary.

Remove ads