D&D 5E You lads ever play 5e... on weed?

Shiroiken

Legend
While I have not, I know several people who did back in the day. Do whatever you like, but a stoned DM is likely to create short lived characters...

As for in game, the poisoned condition does seem appropriate.

jasper

Rotten DM
Yes on weed. When my mom found out she made me pull the weeds out of yard and garden. My brother had to mow the lawn. Last time we played outside.

I've played while high and/or drunk and didn't like it. As the DM, I needed more brainpower and focus than I could muster while inebriated. I prefer video games in that state, where I can just chill and not think.

For the effects of drugs in the game, I'm uncertain weed is potent enough to have a strong mechanical effect. "Poisoned" might be a good condition to add in.
It's hard for other effects since marijuana effects so many people differently. A penalty to saves to maintain your Concentration is a decent idea, but many people focus more when stoned.

Wepwawet

Explorer
Holy crap I KNEW I'd get a reply like that. I KNEW it and wanted to see if I was right. I rotate between good replies and then negative replies like this on 4chan.

I was thinking that there's some kind of algorithm or something that keeps you from getting too many good or bad replies on the internet. I think there's only like 300 people in the whole orld and there's a trick being played on me where I am mainly answering bots and stuff.

You make a good post and you get like 1/3 good replies and 2/3 mean replies just to keep you inspired but not on Cloud 9. You ever feel that way disc? I mean I think there is something really sinister going on with this internet thing and we're all being subjected to it. Depending on how you reply I will know if you are a real or fake person.

SO go babe, lemme know what you think.

There you go, you should play that character as paranoid, you've nailed it already!

So, weed effects in game:
- Disadvantage on Concentration, Perception, and all Int. checks;
- Same effects as Cackle Fever, minus the contagious aspect;
- You gain the flaw: Paranoid: You think you're being watched by powerful enemies all the time.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
My group may or may not play D&D while enjoying bongs and whiskey shots. Its possible. I would probably just assume the PC are slightly ripped like their players.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
Short Rest = Long Rest

Long Rest = 1 Week: subtract some silver coins to obtain dressing gown with no belt and 3 weeks supply of cereal

Age to 40 = Throw up at every usage as your body finally, finally rejects the new stuff that's far too strong

Age 41 = begin the tavern whisky journey.....

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It used to annoy me when my entire gaming group used to do that in our 20s. When you're the only one not doing it, after a couple of hours you're running a game for a group of giggling toddlers.

Last edited:

Remove ads