D&D 5E You lads ever play 5e... on weed?

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
I far as I'm aware, nobody in my group uses marijuana.
Having said that, there was one time when one of the other players showed up high on pain medication, having come to the game immediately after having had surgery . . .

the Jester

Legend
I make it a policy to never actually confess to anything on line, but let's just say that the various groups I game with all have one or more stoners in them, and at least one person grows weed, so the smoke flows freely during those groups for those who wish to indulge.

We also do a fair amount of drinking during gaming, at least some of us, some of the time.

My way of dealing with the giggling fool issue that Moruss mentioned is to never give a player a break for being drunk or stoned. Never ever. (And that would include my own mistakes, hypothetically speaking, if I was the drunk and/or stoned one).

As far as in-game drugs... oh my, yes. I have a whole slew of different fantasy drugs available for the daring or foolish to try, from dzur (literal rocks that dwarves smoke) to hempflower (weed) and blackroot grass (a super narcotic, super addictive, mind crushing, soul wrecking grass you chew if you want to lose your character's health and sanity). Krahk, goof balls, nose candy... if it sounds like it could be some sort of drug, it probably exists in my game somewhere.

A balor at a party in Sigil once passed around a bong that was loaded with some sort of foul smoking herb that turned the inhaler Chaotic Evil for an hour.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Man oh man, if I was a cop short of his quota of tickets for the month, this thread title would draw my attention like a lightning rod draws lightning.

As for playing D&D ... If I had a stoned person pretending to play with the rest of us, I'd find a way to ignore his turn in the round or put him on a really short time limit to make up his mind and declare actions. I'd be working to keep the spotlight on the people who are paying attention to the matter at hand.

Waterbizkit

Explorer
Man oh man, if I was a cop short of his quota of tickets for the month, this thread title would draw my attention like a lightning rod draws lightning.

I'm fairly certain no member of law enforcement would take any interest in this thread, unless you think it's genuinely worth the time of local law enforcement agencies to track down individuals online for admitting to a misdemeanor... individuals who may or may not live in their areas of jurisdiction and some of which may even live in areas where the possession and use of marijuana isn't even illegal anymore (like myself for one).

To the actual topic at hand, for all the pot I smoked as a teen/early 20-something I never did so while playing. I had one player who did, he was basically just annoyingly disruptive. At this point I haven't touched the stuff in over a decade, simply no desire, but my group and I drink plenty while playing... though almost never to point where we're completely s-faced.

Except for that one time *NAMED REDACTED* got so drunk he wandered off in the middle of the session to go puke his guts out on the floor of his garage before then going to lay down on same floor of his garage... but that stuff totally doesn't happen all the time...

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
I thought the script for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie was basically written by taking a mashup of 5e and old Spelljammer supplements and playing it at a table surrounded by a cloud of marijuana smoke.

--
Pauper

Remove ads