D&D 5E What would you play in this party?

smbakeresq

Explorer
Having great fun with this bard build. Dragonborn stone sorcerer lvl1, then lore bard rest of Way. Stone sorcerer get standard sorcerer stuff plus CON to AC, simple and martial weapons and shield, and Wrathful Smite and Thunderous Smite as spell options. Took booming blade and grew flame blade also. Then over to lore bard from there on up.

The idea is glorious combat while singing tales of epic heroism and the triumph of good vs evil. Wading into combat with just a tough hide and a great axe and smiting my enemies with those attack riders. No love sonnets or funeral dirges.

As far as mechanics intend to take the draconic feats in feats for races UA, with ABI going into STR and CON, CHR maxed 16 and just avoiding spells with saves.

At table have been happy, boisterous and a little more boom in my voice.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Thurmas

Explorer
This echos what many others are saying already, but your two holes I see most are lack of a face and nothing nature based. From that, I'd say a Lore Bard or a Land Druid. I'd also suggest a Ranger, but I have a general distaste for Rangers in this edition, both PHB or UA.

That being said, play what YOU want to play, not what the party is dictating to you.If you aren't going to enjoy it, what's the point?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
This looks like a good group to play anything you want. If it were me, I's consider one of the following:

A fighter/mage/thief character by rolling a fighter with the criminal background and then picking up eldritch knight.
A swashbuckling rogue.
A dragon sorcerer.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
Thanks for all the input!

The DM is allowing "some" UA.

I'm considering emulating the whole Paladin/Sorcerer idea with a stone sorcerer/hexblade warlock.

Or I could just go sorcerer / Paladin.

LOL

BoldItalic

First Post
Aarakocra (because no-one else has fly speed) Bard-1 (because no-one else is blowing their own trumpet) / Druid-1 (because trees) / Paladin-1 (because someone has to keep the party on the path of righteousness) / Monk-1 (because you get cool unarmed beak strikes). That's level 4, right?

You have no subclasses yet, so you can keep all your options open and keep the DM guessing which way you will jump at next level up. By that time you will have a fair idea of the other players' tactical styles and you can mould your character to plug the gaps.

transtemporal

Explorer
Depends what you like playing OP. Play that.

If you don't mind "filling a role", another ranged guy probably wouldn't go amiss. Ranger or Fighter or Sun Monk pew pew. Maybe a lore bard for the extra defense-on-a-reaction and spot heals.

Remove ads