D&D 5E What would you play in this party?

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
I don't want to step on anybody else's toes. I'm looking for a niche that hasn't been taken yet.

I haven't played with this party, but here's what I know is in it already:

Level 4

Human cleric (tempest or war)
Dwarf melee fighter
Human fighter/rogue (hand xbow)
Elf bladesinger
Dwarf abjuror
Goliath barbarian

Thanks!

pukunui

Legend
Looks like they've got the bases covered. I'd probably play a lore bard, for a little extra healing and other types of support (such as bardic inspiration and cutting words).

akr71

Hero
If you like a melee based character try a monk. If you want casting with some healing and tank potential then druid. If you'd like a martial/tank with a bit of divine magic, then how about a paladin. I would lean toward an Open Hand monk or half-orc vengeance paladin myself.

alienux

Explorer
Based on that party, although I'm personally not a big fan of the monk class, I think I'd second that recommendation.

Shiroiken

Legend
Assuming your goal is to avoid stepping on someone's niche, the only thing missing here is dedicated AoE blasting. Sorcerer and Wizard (Evoker) are the obvious choices for AoE blasting, but Circle of the Land Druid can so it somewhat as well. Bard can provide support to a lot of roles, but won't actually have it's own niche (support IS your niche), so it could work too. Artillery wouldn't be bad either, since the fighter/rogue also has the skill monkey job, so Fighter and Warlock are good choices as well (Ranger would step all over the fighter/rogue, so I'd avoid). Circle of the Moon Druid, Paladin, and Monk might fit in, but compete with the Fighter, Bladesinger, and Barbarian for melee.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I think this is your chance to play one of the races from Volo's guide. Kenku make good monks, and tabaxi are decent bards.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
That party needs more stealth! I suggest taking any character that can get pass without trace!

Options:
Trickery Cleric
Druid
Shadow Monk
Ranger (i think)

Barring that idea, you never can go wrong with a second wizard!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I also note a potential weakness in the "good with nature" department. Ranger could add stealth and nature capacity.

... Although we don't know their backgrounds, so it's hard to say! The barbarian could be an outlander, the dwarven mage a criminal etc... you need to know that to get a full understanding of the party's capacities.

Remove ads