Is Wonder Woman bulletproof?

ccs

41st lv DM
As bulletproof as most

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I think she's more bulletproof than most. Afterall, if you can be punched across an airfield by ARES, bounce of a tank, & come back for round 2? Mere bullets aren't a real concern.

I think WW blocks bullets (aimed at her) with her bracelets due to years & years of intense amazon training. More of a reflex than an actual need.

Ryujin

Legend
No, I think she's more bulletproof than most. Afterall, if you can be punched across an airfield by ARES, bounce of a tank, & come back for round 2? Mere bullets aren't a real concern.

I think WW blocks bullets (aimed at her) with her bracelets due to years & years of intense amazon training. More of a reflex than an actual need.

Skin like Kevlar; resistant to blunt force up to medium velocity bullet, but can be cut by a blade? Blunt force trauma still hurts.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Maybe she can take bullets but ends up looking a bit like a jaguar afterwards with little bruises all over. Also, in the movie she witnesses amazons killed by bullets. Testing out the extent of her invulnerability is, as been suggested, probably not high on her priority list.

Also, in the recent movie, she did not know she was a demi-god until near the end. So she would block because of training/instinct. If she needs to or not...

She used to be a lot less invulnerable. So blocking bullets. Now she is nigh indestructible but blocking has become a signature move.
Ditto the invisible plane/ jet. Once needed to fly, but in modern comics she can fly by herself. Although, in the movies I believe she can just jump long distances...

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
From the DC Wiki:
Superhuman Durability: Granted by Demeter (Goddess of the Earth). Diana possesses a high resistance to damage and magical attacks. Her resistance to injury is not quite as great as any of the above mentioned metahumans. However, due to her vast threshold for pain and her amazon ability to heal at a superhuman rate, this easily makes up for the difference. She has withstood considerable bludgeoning damage in the form of hand to hand combat with metahuman opponents such as Superman and Captain Marvel. She has considerable resistance to human weaponries, though this is not absolute; Bullets can cause minor to moderate injury, but never life threatening. Later on it was implied that only god made weapons could harm her.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I just have a hard time wrapping my head around her taking .50 cal shots to the face and it not being life threatening.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Are you not familiar with superheroes?

No I am. That is one of the reasons I have never been able to fully enjoy Superman.

I think in the case of Wonder Woman, it will be best if I just don't think about it much, and let her continue to deflect those bullets.

As time went she (and most superheroes in general) become stronger and more powerful. I think of her as bullet proof but by using the bracelets proves how much a warrior she is and you had better rethink your actions.

Remove ads