D&D 5E [INTEREST CHECK] The Curse of Amberstar

industrygothica

Adventurer
No problem! We can work something out! I'm preparing my students for exams, so I've been away since yesterday! I'll be around later on today to close our preparations, ok?

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

I'm happy to work something out. I've been really excited to play Lyllie and bring her to life. I'll check in periodically throughout the rest of the weekend until we leave on Sunday. If nothing else, maybe you can leave her out of the story and we can find a spot for her to jump in next weekend.

-IG

Archon Basileus

First Post
Sorry for the delay! I was recording some stuff for my students!

Here goes! Give me your feedback, so we can change this accordingly to common sense rules, hehe.

Javelin of Lightning ~400 gp
Studded Leather +1 ~300 gp
Rapier +1 ~300 gp
Winged Boots ~400 gp

After this, I guess we're ready to fire it up!

EDIT: [MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION], sheet's perfect! Add your finishing touches as you wish! [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION], I have prepared hooks to include you down the road if you wish! Tell me of your preferences and I'll gladly abide!

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
[MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION], should we go, maybe, 1100 for it? You have a great instinct for these balancing issues! Any suggestions?

As for the weapons, we could throw the others down to 300 gp. We should make them a bit more present than I had envisioned at first, since they'd be a regular legacy of old wars. I guess it was the AD&D Forgotten Realms that had a similar arrangement (those +1 short swords found around Amn, IIRC...).

:) Thanks!

Greenmtn

Explorer
If it works for you for spending my money -
Bracers of Defense - 1000gp
Goggles of night - 500gp
Bag of Holding - 400gp
Potion of Healing - 50gp
And the starting gear for class and background.

Let me know if that sounds ok.

hafrogman

Adventurer
[MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION], should we go, maybe, 1100 for it? You have a great instinct for these balancing issues! Any suggestions?
I believe the reason the DMG puts +1 armor so high is because it doesn't require attunement (compared to a ring/cloak of protection). As far as I can tell, nobody's butting up against the attunement limit quite yet anyways, but maybe that will become a factor later?
[MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]As for the weapons, we could throw the others down to 300 gp. We should make them a bit more present than I had envisioned at first, since they'd be a regular legacy of old wars. I guess it was the AD&D Forgotten Realms that had a similar arrangement (those +1 short swords found around Amn, IIRC...).
No objection here. It gives me an idea, though. If I were outfitting a +1 army, as it were, you'd want a bunch of magic weapons, but magic armor is an issue, has to be sized for each user, difficult to reuse, different kinds of armor. But mass produced Rings Cloaks of Protection would have the same benefit, protect a little against magical counterattacks, and be a one-size-fits all solution.

So, assuming Charwoman Gene is amenable to giving up an attunement slot, suggesting the ring cloak over the armor gives the same +1 ac (and a little more) and contributes to the world backstory a bit.

Last edited:

Remove ads