D&D 5E [INTEREST CHECK] The Curse of Amberstar

Greenmtn

Explorer
Title still says interest check and you did say you were waiting till mid week to close... room for one more? I have an idea and could have it to you and a pc ready by noon of so.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik is owned by one of the Counts that serves the Wellingtons. He is small and nimble, with the shaved head of a servant and a nose that shows signs of having been broken more than a few times. His knuckles large and discolored, seeming to belong on hands much larger than his. Knowing his place he talks only when directed to or when needed.
He dresses in the loose fitting pants of his slave station with a belt made of cloth braided into a chain wrapped 3 times around him, and a tunic designed to leave part of his left chest bare as a reminder that should he betray the count or try to escape he will have his heart torn out.

He has served as an entertainer in combat pits for several years and has become a trusted servant. Count Fredrik, refusing to answer the call himself but seeing an opportunity to gain favor of the Duke has sent Harfik as his personal representative to help with the excursion into the Teraphim Sanctum.

Harfik is not simply a gladiator, he has a knack for noticing things and reading people. Harfik has proved himself a valuable source of information for the count. Influential people wanting to meet the famous pit fighter and on occasion making the mistake of drinking to much and divulging to much information. His orders on this mission are to return with information that can be used. He knows that he is a valuable slave, not he is not stupid enough to think he is not replaceable.

His mind is filled with options as he answers the call. Will he learn anything of value to Fredrik? Does Fredrik want to move against the Wellingtons or blackmail them? Could there be something in this sanctum that will help him become free? Is being free worth needing to run from Fredriks assassins for the rest of his life?

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Any room for another?
I have an idea, a paladin whose abilities come from his part teraphim blood, possibly due to genetic experimentation? (Mechanically an aasimar.) I see him answering the call, seeing the curse as something he is responsible for, being part Teraphim.

Remove ads