D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa manages to avoid the spalling from the assault on the elevator, and returns fire on the golem; each shot sending showers of sparks raining out in blossoms of light and heat as it impacts the metal of the construct and elevator side. He's taken off guard however by the sudden attack from below!

Eldritch Blast for 6 damage (the other shot rolled a natural 1)

(Dex save: 1d20+3 13)
Eldritch blast: 1d20+8 9 1d20+8 17 1d10+4 12 1d10+4 6

(OOC - Have we short-rested since the big fight with the orcs and the giantess? I need to know if Icosa's Shielding Aurora is back up again. If so, he'll trigger that as a bonus action. :))

Archon Basileus

First Post
[No short rest thus far! You have just continued till this scene.]
An ethereal howl echos through the chamber and Lyllie's small, lithe form begins to twist and pop and contort into unnatural angles. Her childlike features begin to change and morph into... something. It all happens in an instant, though one would swear time stood still during the process. But soon, where the tiny gnome once stood, a large dire wolf, complete with solid white eyes and a scarred face, has taken her place. The wolf snarls, and snaps at the mechanized creature.

Screams of fear fill the elevator with the sudden change in Lyllie's shape as the confused miners seek shelter desperately. The beast attacks the machine in front of it, coordinating attacks with the other fighters. The pull is enough to create a desperate reaction: the machine pulls back, and as the wolf's jaws open, the golem falls back, given the strength of the struggle! Soon after, Icosa's blast targets the creature, darkening its' chest after the shock! Below, the hands still seek to open a path in desperation, and the elevator shudders once more, as if beginning to give out under the constant attacks!

[Ok, new turn everyone! One golem has an occupied seat, the other one's prone and bruised and mysterious hands reach out for all of you as the elevator moans, closer and closer to fall! Sorry for the absence again, guys. It's been the toughest weeks I've faced in my marriage to date, and I had to go through it. I'm glad to be back amidst you, and I missed tossing dice with you! Please, give me a shout, so I know you're still there!]

@Neurotic @Shayuri @JustinCase @industrygothica @Greenmtn @hafrogman

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Occupying the controller seat, Thulwar quickly prods few things recalling how the illusions in glass functioned. If there are things to pull and prod, he does that too.

OOC: What is the roll to figure out advanced tech?

[roll0]

Last edited:

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

As Harfiks eyes begin to focus again he surveys the area. Reaffirming his prior feelings that staying in the elevator isn't a good idea, and believing that his allies have the Golems under control, Harfik starts trying to find a way up.

OOC: Perception [roll0]
Investigation [roll1]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aanzu moves from the fallen machine to the prone one, his sword coming down to hopefully finish the golem off.

"Find a way out of the snake pit, yes!" the dragonborn prince urges Harfik on, his gaze then turning to the others whom he may help escape the elevator.

OOC: Attack prone machine: [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Hope your marital problems are resolved soon. Escapism is all good and well, but real life is most important. Take care!

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Yeah, we fought through and we're back, finally! Let's get this going! Thanks again, guys!]

The golem under Thulwar's control jerks to the front, disobeying at first, but finally surrendering, one painstaking move after the other. After a while, Thulwar manages to control the entity, its limbs surrendering to the persistency of the small metallurgist.

To his surprise, though, as soon as he assumes command, a faint cloud leaves the gears and contraptions, floating around as it assumes a vaguely humanoid shape. The ethereal being looks like a ghost, much like the ones they met before, but this one has strange tattoos and scars over its face and body, as if it had been taken by a strange, geometric-shaped plague! The humanoid howls and begins to float away, startled and afraid!

The shock coming from Thulwar's side results from the explosion of Aanzu's attack against the remaining beast. Prone on account of Lyllie's attack, the creature now struggles to keep up. A similar fate is reserved to it. A second gremlin-ghost leaves this body as well, floating above as it tries to find an escape route from the furious attacks of the heroes! The machine immediately falls down, emptied and useless.

Meanwhile, Harfik studies the elevator, keeping a focused mind. He soon finds a way up: a plate has been set loose by the efforts to bring the platform down! Everyone can climb easily through the opening, and the captured golem might even help opening an even greater rift to allow passage! The only problem is that the pavement is almost gving out: if the elevator doesn't fall, at least the attackers from below will be able to reach the area, and maybe intercept part of the group....

[Ok! New actions for a new turn! What's gonna be, guys? You can reach the rift, but the hands from below might break through in the meantime!]

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

Harfik points to the whole and yells. "Thulwar, the door is open, open it further, we will get to the other side, away from this dangerous spot."

Harfik holds ready to defend himself and those around him should the need arise before they can get out through his escape route.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thulwar opens the door further while Tink slashes with his hooks across the reaching hands, hopefully preventing them from grabbing anything else.

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa lingers to let others go first, then follows once they're clear. He holds his fire for the moment, not wanting to damage the elevator further...but if those hands come too close to anyone, including himself, he is ready to unleash more energy blasts on them!

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: I'm here.. Kinda lost, both here and mentally, honestly. But I'm here. If there's anything left to attack, then Lyllie does so. Otherwise she stays with the group in her beast form and defends as best possible.

Remove ads