Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

Rackhir

Explorer
I have been rereading the compiled PDF and have encountered a question while going back over the Accelerating Ritual of Perceptual Magnification :

The second step in the preparation talks about Shomei casting a triply enhanced endurance spell (further empowered and maximised by Faerie).

My question is whether you use a variant of the attribute enhancing spells and if so how you work it.

If not, do you use a different version of the empower feat?

I don't recall if it was explicitly permitted in 3.0 D&D, but as far back as I can recall he's permitted multiple stacking of metamagic feats.

Azakiel

Explorer
the feat stacking is not the problem I am having, more that (certainly in 3.5, pretty certain the same holds true in 3e) the Bear's Endurance spell has no variable numeric components to either empower or maximise.

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Endurance and the other stat boosting spells in 3e were all 1d4+1 variable so I think Maximize and Empower would both work with them.

Azakiel

Explorer
Good to know, thanks. I couldn't manage to dig out a copy of my 3e PHB, so was working on the premise that it hadn't changed much.

Gwarok

Explorer
Hey guys, I have a question. There are a lot of great epic summoning spells, but it seems to me that they ignore the SR and Will saves of the target. I'm thinking of Mostin's summoning of the U, which has an SR 500. Is there something going on in the construction of these spells that I am missing?

Remove ads