Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

jhosmer1

Explorer
It would be nice if someone were to make a clone of this thread and strip it down to the pure crunch - much like Cheiromancer does (did?) with the Story Hour thread. Call it 'The Crunch of Wyre' or something. :)

Well, a while back I went and pulled all the posts that were made and put it into a pdf file, so I could read it on my ipod. Not all the formatting went through, but it's all in one place. It even has some of the charts and images Sep posted.

Attachments

• Eadric et al.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,982

Asha'man

First Post
I'm not Sep, but as I understand it, you sacrifice an outsider with the [Good] subtype as part of casting an epic spell, this gives a mitigating factor. I'm not sure precisely how the size of the mitigating factor is calculated, but it seems to have to do with the HD of the outsider.

Wumpus

First Post
It looks like Shvar Choryati (SC) has certain vulnerabilities:

• Evil undead. Not affected by blasphemy or life-drain.
  • Golems. Not subject to spell-like effects, so immune to blasphemy. Non-living, so not affected by life-drain.
  • Epic pseudonatural creatures with 21+ HD. They'll have a SR of 105, so SC's spell-like abilities won't affect them.
  • Epic spells tailored to dismissing chthonic entities. Which I believe Mostin's cabal has available. SC might be too big for them to handle, though.

Creatures that are immune to SC's abilities might be able to hold it back. Regenerating creatures would be best- a mess of dominated vampires, say. Although I doubt the bad guys would just sit around.

Also, I don't know how many necromancers are on the side of the good guys, so I don't know if the first is really an option. Nor do I recall reading about golems being used in combat, so the second is probably out, too. But it wouldn't surprise me if Mostin had a spell for calling an epic pseudonatural zombie hill giant or something; the third might provide something to hold SC back. But I think it the fourth is the most realistic possiblity. The spell devised for clearing out Azzagrat's chthonic entities might be powerful enough to deal with SC.

I guess we'll see.

It at least casually seems like Mostin's U far realms beastie is a fair bit more powerful than this. Am I misreading or did Mostin simply come up with a better bang for his buck?

Moleculo

First Post
Its a tough call to compare the two. They're pretty close in CR, but CR is relative to parties, not between monsters. U is a better one on one fighter against the type of foes that Mostin regularly encounters. However SC is basically a good/alive creature grinder.

Also spell-wise, U only lasts 20 rounds (aka 2 minutes), whereas SC is wherever he's been dropped until he's dealt with.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
[MENTION=4303]Sepulchrave II[/MENTION]

Just letting you know that this thread has been moved to the D&D Legacy Discussion forum.

[MENTION=275]Eridanis[/MENTION] moved it.

Remove ads