D&D 5E New 5E Game

ccs

41st lv DM
So, so far we seem to have the following proposed characters: Warlock (KahlessNestor), Cleric (Searinox Nagharha), Fighter (ccs), Rogue (DMAesh), Bard (Azurewraith). I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Charwoman Gene, jmucchiello, and perhaps others have stated an interest but haven't yet submitted characters, so I guess I'm wondering whether the interest is still there? There's really no hurry to submit, I'm pretty far from ready at this point. In fact, most of the design for the game is to be found in the early posts in this thread.

At the speed PbP games go you could be writing this stuff 3-5 rooms ahead of us for all we know. :)

4element monk be both!

Good idea. Lailieri (lay LEE air REE), you may call me Lee, Female Wood Elf, Monk. She wears a long robe with hood with a plain shirt and pants beneath. She is bald and has several tattoos. (I will have to pick a deity at some point.) standard array: s:10, d:14, c:13, i:12, w:15, ch:8

I still need to pick up 2 languages and come up with more of a background. But otherwise this is fairly complete.

Name: Lee Ravenwood (Lailieri Reilli'oakin)
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Monk 1
Background: Acolyte
Alignment: Neutral Good
Experience: 0/300
Inspiration: No
Strength: 10 (+0), Saves +2
Dexterity: 16 (+3), Saves +5
Constitution: 13 (+1)
Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Charisma: 8 (-1)
ADV vs charms, immune to magic sleep
AC: 16 (unarmored defense dex+3, wis+3)
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +3
Speed: 35 ft
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 Spent HD: max 1, used 0
HP: 9/9
SKILLS Proficient skills are bold, italic.
Acrobatics: +5
Animal Handling: -1
Arcana: +1
Athletics: +0
Deception: -1
History: +1
Insight: +5
Intimidation: -1
Investigation: +1
Medicine: +3
Nature: +3
Perception: +5
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
Religion: +5
Sleight of Hand: +3
Stealth: +5
Survival: +3
OFFENSE
Weapon
Unarmed
Quarterstaff
Short Bow
Range

80/320
To Hit
+5
+5
+5
Damage
1d4+3 (b)
1d6+3 (b)
1d6+3 (p)
Notes

Versitile (d8, but can't use flurry of blows)
Ammunition
[sblock="FEATURES AND TRAITS"]Proficiencies and Languages
Languages: Elvish, Common, +2
Armor: None
Weapons: All Simple weapons, short sword, long sword, short bow, long bow
Tools: None​
Race: Wood Elf
+2 Dex, +1 Wis; Speed: 35 feet (Fleet of foot); Size: Medium
Darkvision: Accustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Keen Senses: You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
Trance: Elves don’t need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. (The Common word for such meditation is “trance.”) While meditating, you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice.
Languages: Elvish, Common
Elf Weapon Training: longsword, shortsword, long bow, short bow
Mask of the Wild: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.
Background: Acolyte
Skills: Insight, Religion
Languages: Two
Shelter of the Faithful: Can perform rituals of my deity. Can receive free healing at temples (as well as companions). Can be supported with modest lifestyle for free (only me).​
Feats None
Class: Monk
Unarmed Defense: When wearing no armor, AC = 10 + Dex Mod + Wis Mod
Martial Arts:You gain the following benefits while you are unarmed or wielding only monk weapons (non-heavy simple weapons or shortsword) and you aren’t wearing armor or wielding a shield:
  • You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk weapons.
  • You can roll a d4 in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike or monk weapon. This die changes as you gain monk levels, as shown in the Martial Arts column of the Monk table.
  • When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action. For example, if you take the Attack action and attack with a quarterstaff, you can also make an unarmed strike as a bonus action, assuming you haven’t already taken a bonus action this turn.
[/sblock]
[sblock="EQUIPMENT"]Short bow
Quarterstaff
Explorer’s Pack: backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin. 50 feet hempen rope
Holy symbol, prayer book, prayer wheel
5 sticks of incense
vestiments
common clothes
belt pouch (15 gp, 3 sp)
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
I'll give it a few more days to see if I receive any more submissions. Then I will begin the selection process.

DMAesh

Explorer
Sorry, I think that I may have to withdraw my submission. Life has reared its ugly head and I think that I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I will definitely lurk and see how the game goes, though!

Happy gaming all!

TallIan

Explorer
I'm hoping to have found a house in the next day or so, that should give me a bit more time to do stuff in my PbP games.

At the moment it's all I can do to follow the various threads.

I'm thinking of either an assassin our a ranger, bit haven't got much further than that yet.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Leif

Adventurer
I'm hoping to have found a house in the next day or so, that should give me a bit more time to do stuff in my PbP games.

I'm thinking of either an assassin our a ranger, bit haven't got much further than that yet.
Best wishes for the search. Since you're in GB, maybe you can find a vacant castle, or at least a tower?
A ranger would be cool, but I'd tend to advise against an assassin. Still, you must follow your bliss.

Given the frequency at which people drop out of PbF games, I'm curious what kind of selection process you might use.

How frequent are you hoping people will post?

I'm not sure if it will qualify as a 'process' or not. I'm willing to listen to suggestions, but final decisions will be mine. Posting frequency is a bit of a wildcard right now. When things are going well and I have lots of time, I prefer for players to post every day or two. But given my work schedule, and life with kids, that may be a bit too ambitious. Probably 1-3 times per week may be about all I can handle. We'll just have to see how it goes.

TallIan

Explorer
Best wishes for the search. Since you're in GB, maybe you can find a vacant castle, or at least a tower?

Thanks That would be the dream, but I'm married...

and I'm looking for a place to stay because we have just moved to the New York City

Remove ads