Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

bruin

First Post
"My friend Lartis can do doubt entertain himself while I take a look, as long as it's not too far away. I want to make a quick assessment of how much work will be needed and how much manpower it'll require tonight; but if it's too far out of the way, maybe you can tell me the location and I'll stop by tomorrow after my rehearsal" Aery replies.

Don't want Lartis to see it beforehand, Aery reflects, it'll be easier to convince him to help if he doesn't know what he's getting into.

loxmyth

First Post
~ Froud & Forge

The young monk eagerly listens to the tale, requesting minor clarifications at some points and commenting on the bravery of the two. At the end, he looks between Froud and Forge. "So do you believe that this time, you've caught the murderer? This hasn't been the first time Longstock has picked up a suspect for this case, so are you sure that they've caught the killer this time?"

~ Aerandir & Lartis

"It's not too far," Piper assures Aery. "Perhaps half an hour from this place. It is slightly out of the way, but hopefully we can change that if we can make it famous enough. I imagine that when it becomes the greatest theatre in the land, the King himself will have a road paved right up to it. Your friend Lartis is welcome to accompany you, if he wishes."

~ Miriah

Ain shakes his head. "Nothing more. Unless there is anything you wish to ask of me, of course. But barring that, I must beg leave. I must see a man about a horse." He flashes his dazzling smile once more, and awaits Miriah's response.

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah blushes and looks down at the table. "Well, perhaps you would be so good as to pass along any information you might find regarding that murder they've been discussing." She thrusts her chin in the direction of Froud and Forge. "It's so exciting!" She glances up at Ain, eyes sparkling.

loxmyth

First Post
Ain follows her gaze to the others and he grins, not unkindly. "I didn't realize you were interested in such things," he responded. "The one in the monkish robes is an acquaintance of mine. I suppose I could pass on the information he's come by. But a better question is, I should think, why you do not go over and ask these men to tell you the tale straight? The dwarf is a member of your class, is he not? I'm sure he wouldn't dare refuse someone as stunning as you."

Gently, he reaches down to take hold of her arm, with the intention of guiding her over to the others.

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah blushes and pulls away at first, but then allows him to walk her over to the other table. After a moment, Mouse runs over and jumps onto the table. If Gears is nearby and looks at Mouse with anything other than complacence, Mouse will hiss at Gears, in an effort to make it understood that Mouse will not go easy down his throat. :)

Last edited:

bruin

First Post
loxmyth said:
~ Aerandir & Lartis

"It's not too far," Piper assures Aery. "Perhaps half an hour from this place. It is slightly out of the way, but hopefully we can change that if we can make it famous enough. I imagine that when it becomes the greatest theatre in the land, the King himself will have a road paved right up to it. Your friend Lartis is welcome to accompany you, if he wishes."

"Well, he probably wants to enjoy his supper and relax, but... Hey Lartis, you feel like going for a walk?"

If not, he'll leave with Piper.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Forge sees Miriah being led over and sees how shy she is acting. He bows so low that his beard scrapes the ground and then says, Hello Maiden. I'm Forge Ironsong and this is my faithful man servent Froud. You can see just the bearest hint of a smirk cross his mouth at whan he says that. How can I be of service?

Gears from his perch on Forges shoulder looks at Mouse and whoots. He swoops down to stand in front of Mouse but stops short when the mouse starts acting very un-mouse like. Is the little one a friend of yours?

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Froud keeps a straight face as he says 'Wouldn't one have to be a Man to have a man-servant, Forge? I am this gruff Oldster's friend, though iIdon't know how I put up with him sometimes, Fair Miss. I am a worker of cogs and sprocketts, gears and springs. Temporal Devices to be precise. I guess that would make me a MetroGnome.'
Froud then begins clicking a *tick-tick-tick-tick* as he looks back to his papers and makes some calculations...
Almost without thought, Froud retrieves the little box where he keeps earthworms (pilferred from the university's garden every morning) for Gears and upends the contents upon the table.
As an after thought, he breaks off a small bit of pie crust for the new arrival, hoping that the mouse liked pie.

Last edited:

Remove ads