Not With a Bang OOC

Shalimar, I'm leaning towards a Chaotic Good alignment for my character so no problems with him being Lawful! :) So once I get him done if you want to link them as friends or something, perhaps travelling companions, I'm up for it.

Toric

Rybaer

First Post
LazarusLong42 said:
Rybaer--on your questions. (1) Yes, but no. Yes, you can purchase extra spells, but the standard convention is that they don't cost you a scroll purchase, just scribing costs. Remember that scribing costs are 100 gp per spell level, and you get... um... 120 gp to start. :)

(2) Yes, but don't abuse it... and again remember you only have 120 gp.

Ah, right, forgot about the scribing costs. I've become too comfortable with my own group's house rules that tend to overlook basic character maintenance like that. I'll still probably purchase a scroll and/or scribe one or two of my own for backup use, but it won't be abused by any stretch.

Background will be up later this morning. Shouldn't be too tough to incorporate links to some of the other characters based on what I have in mind.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Filling in details...

Great backgrounds, so far, all. I'm enjoying reading them. A few notes, and a few answers:

Rybaer: Hallis Hill--check. I'll have to get that on the map. :) By two weeks' journey, do you mean on foot, horseback, or what exactly? It makes sense for Hallis Hill to be up above the 3000-foot contour.

Shalimar: There is a thieves' guild in Alten's Rock, though it's a relatively small one--20 or 25 members. They reluctantly accept you into their ranks, and happily provide you some protection from the law while taking quite a cut of your thieving. The leader is a halfling named Forell, a rather charismatic thief who, you guess, could probably charm his way into someone's home and rob them while they watched him. You also suspect you wouldn't be able to out-bluff him about the amounts you're stealing.

Zerth: I really hate the new Perform, don't you? Yeah, I thought you did. :) I dislike it because it goes for verisimilitude where none was needed, takes away some of the Bard's extra skill points, and defines random categories that mean you can automatically play a flute, an ocarina, a clarinet, and pan pipes with the same skill.

I'm making Perform one skill again, but a bit differently (a suggestion from another thread, actually). For each rank in Perform, take that rank's number in 'pips.' At rank 4, you have 1+2+3+4 = 10 pips. Divide those pips as you wish among instruments, styles, etc., with no more than your actual rank in any one of them. Thus you might have:

Perform (4) [voice +7 (4), pan pies +7 (4), flute +5 (2)]

for ten total 'pips.' Let me know if I need to explain this better. :)

Tanstaafl: Well... if you're going to be minor nobility, then let's do it correctly. Conrad is a lowish-ranking noble, Baron dul Resta. The Barony of Resta is situated about a hundred miles southeast of Colinna, but let's face it... court is in Colinna, and that's where you probably spent much of your time growing up. You may have spent summers at the baronial mansion, as it would have been cooler and court functions less frequent.

As a minor noble, Duke Iobin Desell (the Duke of Colinna) would barely know your father if not for his statistical ability, but that's caught his eye, and your father's in line for a Viscountcy if the current Viscount dul Marnett dies without children, a very likely possibility.

Last edited:

LazarusLong42

First Post
Sam: Paladins no longer get divine grace at first level; all of your saves are high by one. Otherwise I like it. We'll have to discuss your Paladin's code... it'll be interesting seeing a Paladin dedicated to Neutrality rather than Law. :)

Tanstaafl: You're missing languages for Nylarra. I might suggest you think about taking Dwarven, as so far every other character has taken it. You don't want to be left out of the secret conversations. :)

Sam

First Post
LazarusLong42 said:
Sam: Paladins no longer get divine grace at first level; all of your saves are high by one. Otherwise I like it. We'll have to discuss your Paladin's code... it'll be interesting seeing a Paladin dedicated to Neutrality rather than Law. :)

I'll adjust the saves. Sorry 'bout that. Can't wait for Hero Forge to get updated for 3.5.

As for the Paladin's Code, I was waiting a bit for the dogma of Telenn, but in a general sense I view non-LG paladins as Holy Knights. Warriors imbued with power by their deity to further the goals of that deity. In Telenn's case, Grunlor would look to uphold the cause of Good and not being overly concerned with the balance between order and chaos.

Shalimar

First Post
Re: Filling in details...

LazarusLong42 said:
Shalimar: There is a thieves' guild in Alten's Rock, though it's a relatively small one--20 or 25 members. They reluctantly accept you into their ranks, and happily provide you some protection from the law while taking quite a cut of your thieving. The leader is a halfling named Forell, a rather charismatic thief who, you guess, could probably charm his way into someone's home and rob them while they watched him. You also suspect you wouldn't be able to out-bluff him about the amounts you're stealing.

I actually don't want Tuli to join a theives guild in Alte's Rock. The only Reason she was in a thieves group in Colinna was because they were her adoptive family, sort of, she isn't that into thievery, right now, she is only recently arriving and looking up any surviving relatives she might have, meeting any acquantinces of her parents that she can. I leave that stuff totally up to you however. I am only planning on having her steal when she absolutely needs to, or when its way too easy. I'd like to have her tag along also with whatever companions she may have had on the way to Alten's Rock, such as Toric's character.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases