D&D 5E EB's Into the Eye of the Storm - PotA Campaign - IC

Talin raises an eyebrow as Terry saves the ogre. He spits on the ground and eases the draw on his bow. As Terry questions the goblin Talin returns the arrow to his quiver. He leans against a tree as Terry questions the goblin. It's obvious they are bandits from the stumbled lie the goblin gives. The tomb was a perfect place to setup an ambush. Talin waits to see if the others will follow the goblin. His hand rests on his rapier though anyone that looks closely would notice hints of white at his knuckles.

Last edited:

Terry looks at Talin and gives the ogre a look. "If you're worried, Talin can wait here with your friend and watch over him." She hopes Talin gets the hint.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"This way. This way," the goblin says turning and heading away from the sleeping form of Geeraugh. "Let him sleep. We work alone and he'll need his rest, yes?"

The goblin leads those who follow another forty feet through the trees to where an outcropping of large rocks push up through the ground. On the other side of them is a crude campsite with piles of straw for beds, a small firepit and the end of the rope that led from the tomb. It is tied off around a tree, and a large cracked iron kettle lies on the ground with the rope threaded through one of it's handles.

"Here! Here! See,"
Mougra says indicating a wooden crate with no lid and short rope handles on both ends. "Our treasure."

OOC: The box contains mostly broken junk...
a silver studded belt that is broken, the cross section of a gilded hilt, etc.
but it may fetch a few gold in town to the right people

Talin grins at Terry when she speaks.

"My pleasure, I'll make sure he's taken care of. You all go and help our new friend here."

Talin waits till the others disappear in the trees. The elf then slips one of his daggers from his belt and walks towards the unconscious ogre. He crouches down next to the brute and jabs the dagger into the base of his skull. Once Talin is sure the creature is dead he wipes the blood from the blade and returns the dagger to his belt. Talin then steps into the trees and quietly makes his way towards the others.

OOC: Going to stab the ogre in his brainstem repeatedly until it is dead. I will then quietly make my way to the small camp with my shortbow drawn.
Stealth check to move to the camp.: 1d20+8 23

OOC: Well, Talin was waiting for us to leave so I hope they all came with Terry and the goblin. (It's a children's book Terry and the Goblin.... ...Brush Their Teeth ...Have Tea ...Wait For The Bus, etc.) And I'm trying not to push to story by myself too much. Not everyone can post as much as I can.

hero4hire

Explorer
Cyan was uncomfortable with the situation. She was taught in Waterdeep growing up that goblinoids (and ogres) were bad and the two seemed to definitely be bandits. But for the moment she went along with the majority, hoping the goblin would be stupid enough to make a move.

Remove ads