If you could only play one---

Warpiglet

Adventurer
Class-race combination, what would
it be? Justify and explain
if you wish!

i realize I have played a certain class 4 of 5 times...an a race 2 of 5 of those times...

Then again I am pounding beers and my count could be off a bit! But my question is sincere...

ccs

41st lv DM
Race: Doppelganger.
Because then I could just shift into whatever race I was in the mood to play.

Class: Cleric.
Because there's enough options to play virtually anything.
Armor, weapons, domains, spells (maybe even arcane spells). So I should be able to make something that'll fit any mood I'm in.

5ekyu

Hero
Clerics has been my go to fave since 1e. So likely that for 1-3e. Races varied, but maybe elf? Meh.

However, while i have played many, i do have a fondness for monks in 5e. I might well choose halfling monk for 5e.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
For class, inevitably, Tomelock + Lorebard. I don't play single-class characters.

Given my proclivities, race is likely Changeling or full Doppelganger. If those are not available, Human.

Part of me wants to try to make Dragonborn Bard/Sorcerer work.

EDIT: If we want to break out of 5e... in 3.PF, I would be a Doppelganger Archaeologist|Dragonfire Adept.

Last edited:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Human wizard. Human because I can pretend it is me who is the character. Wizard because they spend time unlocking the secrets of the multiverse which is rad.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Dwarven Bard. Any chance to play a drunken, horn-blowing, vicious mocking, war-hammer wielding, rowdy, bawdy, song-sling'n, bilbo-baggins plates-breaking mountain dwarf is a good time for me.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
The one I'm playing right now....Goblin Druid.

Reasons:

Goblins are fun.........Goblins riding Dinosaurs are hilarious.

Afrodactyl

First Post
Human warlock or human fighter.

I generally default to playing humans unless something specific in the background I throw together needs me to be something else, and the classes because they're both very versatile and again, are typically my default classes.

99% of the time my characters start as warlocks or fighters at the brainstorming stage until I decide on something more particular.

Remove ads