D&D 5E Middle Earth and aSoIaF martial campaign

So instead of Valyren Steel I have my old dragon lords based on the 4e POL setting old kingdom of Dragonborn...

Arkhoisan Steel is rare today, but it once was the pride of an empire. These red with gold flaked blades are held onto as family heirlooms since no one alive knows the secret to making them anymore.

They add 1d3 to all attack rolls, and crit on a 19+, when they do crit they triple the damage die instead of double, and the weapons base damage die is 1 die code higher, and all Arkhoisan steel weapons are finesse able...

So a spear would be +1d3 to hit, crit on a 19+ 1d8 (versatile 1d10) crit for 3d8/3d10
a long sword would be +1d3 to hit, crit on a 19+ 1d10 (Versatile 1d12) crit for 3d10/3d12
a great sword would be +1d3 to hit, crit on a19+ 2d8 crit for 6d8

I figure I will start off with no one having a claim on one...but the head of my town Militia has his family blade

Battle Captain Jaherieze Harclay
9th level Foe Hammer Slayer Medium humanoid (half elf), Lawful Neutral
Armor Class 24 (Plate, Shield, Dex) (22 w/greatsword) Hit Points 85 (9d12 + 18) Speed 40ft.
STR 15 (+2) DEX 18 (+4) CON 14 (+2)
INT 12 (+1) WIS 14 (+2) CHA 17 (+3)

Saves Str +6 Con +6 Wis +3 Cha +4
Skills Athletics +6, Insight +6, Perception +6, Shadow Lore +5
Senses passive Perception 16
Languages Elvin, Common Challenge 3 (700 XP)

Battle Furry 4/day enter furry that grants resistance to BSP damage and advantage on str checks

Reckless. At the start of its turn, the battle captain can gain advantage on all melee weapon attack rolls during that turn, but attack rolls against it have advantage until the start of its next turn.

ACTIONS
Multiattack. The battle captian makes two attacks

Jade Broad Sword +9 to hit 1d8+5 damage (+2d6 vs Shadow) before or after the attack can use shield to knock prone apposed str check (+2)

Savage (Arkhoisan Steel Greatsword) +8+1d3 to hit 2d8+4 damage (crit 19+ 6d8+4)

Ring of the Drowned Woman (+1 to Wis and Cha saves)

Yes I know he is not optimized, making a barbarian dex build is kind of silly but I think it works in this case... he uses his jade sword now more then the family blade, and he doesn't loose himself in battle like he used to. His family is the 2nd most powerful and rich in town.

G

Guest 6801328

Arkhoisan Steel is rare today, but it once was the pride of an empire. These red with gold flaked blades are held onto as family heirlooms since no one alive knows the secret to making them anymore.

They add 1d3 to all attack rolls, and crit on a 19+, when they do crit they triple the damage die instead of double, and the weapons base damage die is 1 die code higher, and all Arkhoisan steel weapons are finesse able...

So a spear would be +1d3 to hit, crit on a 19+ 1d8 (versatile 1d10) crit for 3d8/3d10
a long sword would be +1d3 to hit, crit on a 19+ 1d10 (Versatile 1d12) crit for 3d10/3d12
a great sword would be +1d3 to hit, crit on a19+ 2d8 crit for 6d8

Way too fiddly for my taste. I don't want to have to roll a d6 with every single attack and convert it to 1-3 before adding it to the total (One of the goals of 5e was precisely to get away from this sort of thing).

What was the thinking behind it? Does it add something to the game? I don't see how the unpredictability will change any behavior/tactics, since the d20 roll already makes things unpredictable.

And what's the narrative rationale? Fickle sentient blades that may or may not deign to help you?

Way too fiddly for my taste. I don't want to have to roll a d6 with every single attack and convert it to 1-3 before adding it to the total (One of the goals of 5e was precisely to get away from this sort of thing).

What was the thinking behind it? Does it add something to the game? I don't see how the unpredictability will change any behavior/tactics, since the d20 roll already makes things unpredictable.

And what's the narrative rationale? Fickle sentient blades that may or may not deign to help you?

First, I didn't consider that not all of us at the table have a d3. After thinking it over you are right only 3 of us do and 1 of us that does often forgets his dice...

As for what it added I wanted it to feel like a lesser bless spell. Something that could if you hit right slice through armor almost like it wasn't there...

back to the drawing board.

And thanks this post has made the best sounding board ever. you guys have cut right to the heart of the problems.

So a big part of the idea of this being points of light as a type of setting is that there isn't one big empire... so there are mercenary bands that travel the land and sell there service.

Not a lot of this in Tolkien, but Martin uses it a lot. (I also hid some homage characters in there).

Inside the world there are many mercenary bands, most don't work in and around the citadel, but that doesn't mean that you don't hear about them.

The Sinister Siblings: They are the all 'brothers and sisters' and they have a bad reputation of raping and pillaging. They are all armed with short swords and short spears. This is the oldest mercanary band claiming to go back before the dragon fall, it's current leader is 2 sets of twins (2 boys, and a boy and girl) who co lead the band. The twin boys Gregory and George each weild anctiant elven swords, the other twins Gémeaux and Bliznetsy each have Arkosian steel knives.

The Blood Eyes: Lead by the Blood Raven a one eyed mercenary/brigand that stories claim has mystic abilities. Rumor has it that he plucked out his own eye to become closer to god, and his Crimson brotherhood have there reproductive organs and tongues removed... Most blood eye have crimson halberds and crossbows, but the Crimson brotherhood fight with double bladed staves, Blood Raven himself wields a Arkosioan Steel BattleAxe.

The Platinum Priests: always cloaked in pale gray they wield war hammers and faith...but faith in a queer god of money, and it's symbol is a five headed dragon. They have strange sense of honor, ones that can be bought and sold. They are lead by Plutus, but that may be a title not a name, since the leaders all wear platinum masks covering there faces.

The Ivory Lords: an army in white that wears the bones of there enemy's and fallen allies alike. Stories of necromancy follow where ever they go, but no one can dispute the power of there mammoth charges. Lead by a woman with bone white hair and light grey eyes named 'The Deaths Head' who claims to be able to see and find weakness in any force.

The Abo Karirwad- A small mercenary company known to use staves as there main weapons, they are from the Haquim Empire. Little is known of them except they work cheap if the Alquat Almunfia is working for the other side.

The Alquat Almunfia (Exiled Forces)- A mercenary band formed from former members of the Haquim Empire but have picked up members from around the world. Rumor says they are as much assassin as mercenary, and they got there name because they have been kicked out of the Haquim Empire for lack of honor.

If you listen to enough stories, there are always some strange things...all around the emerald and haunted woods are stories of hidden snipers. Sometimes a name of this 'band of archers' is whispered, and old elven word... Anla-shok

So my inspirations all have a lot to do with faith and religions, even if the main characters are not priests or even faithful per say. The idea of knowing about the after life or questioning it plays a big role. Since my world will not have clerics or druids for the most parts (will post more on magic NPCs latter) I get to play with this idea a bit.

Most of the 30,000 people who live in the Citadel are either atheist or agnostic(some question or don't belive in gods at all, other belive they are 'gone' or question if they are 'gone')...belief without proof is hard. However a few small religions have taken hold. Some pray to the spirits of the land like the shamans of the ashen wastes, and some pray to the whispering tide of the river men. the most prevalent of the three religions though is the pantheon...old gods said to have been the gods of the elves. Sometimes the purple haired women or bald men form the storm mountains come and speak of the earth mother, but few here give any sway to that. Some times crusaders and pilgrims from the Highlands come to preach there "one above all" but that faith is very intolerant. The least common are the steel priests, or the jade priests from the south, past the land of warlocks and there strange evil religion of the sleeping god.

So, lets take a look at what I created (well stole in most cases)

Spirits of the Land, and Earth Mother look like they go togather at first, but one is a monotheistic all be it pagan belief the other is polytheistic believing everything alive or not has a spirit and that many of them are 'gods' The Earth Mother is actually my Dwarven Religion, the purple haired woman and bald men from the storm mountains live in the stone cities the dwarves abandoned when they fled under the mountains where PCs may be able to find them. The Spirt of the Land is more like spirit worship and practiced by people who are really using magic out of context.

Whispering Tide has a church in my opening city/sanctuary… and the priest is a hybrid deep one. The deep ones have splintered into 2 religions. In the south in the dark sea they worship Mother Hydra and are 100% evil vile monsters. Here in the river area though they are a bit more calm, they still sacrifice, but they do so slower and more carefully. This 'church' worships the alternative to Mother Hydra Shar-Ngolyeth, a long-lost deity also referred to as That Which Lurks Beneath the Waves.

the pantheonhas a church in my opening city/sanctuary… and is just a set of animal headed gods, the idea of them being the old gods of the elves is made up to give it more authority. In truth even though people belive in them there is 0 real about them in setting, and as such no powers are granted by them and no rituals in there names work. Ammon (Ram)Annasasi (Spider)Ash (Rhino)Bast (Cat)Bran (Raven)Oberon (Eagle)Set (Snake)Wepwawet (Wolf)

The Steel and Jade Priests ok, these are the least worked on ideas... I want to use jade like in the old Oriental Campaigns book to mitigate shadow effects, and I want these to be alchemists that lost there knowledge and remade it as a religion.

The Sleeping God There is a Cthulu like being sleeping under the towers of the warlocks...they have drawn power from his madness educing dreams and they attempt to please him with sacrifices. they are monster stated NPCs (some based on Yugioh dark magican (Mahad and Mana) and Dark sage) and the closest to spell casters I come. I am using a race from Kobold press for them as well, when I post 'magic' NPCs I will talk about them more.

The One Above ALL OK, so this is a Monotheistic religion that believes there god is the only true god. I want the PCs to associate it with the 3 big real world religions at first but I am drawing more from the 'lord of light' from aSoIaF. The initial introduction will make them look like zealots who like worshipers of the pantheon have no power...but there is a power granting some of them power, and some of these are 'goodish' people.

It's important to me that none of them get 'it' right. I will make up a real elven religion as well that is more Ancestor worship...but if there are real gods to this world, then no one really knows there names or prays to them. Even the things that grant powers are not 'gods' but elder powerful things.

Last edited:

Stories of the city/world

These are stories and legends that will help introduce my players to the world.

the blacksmith said:
"Why is the best blacksmith in the known world not forging...because he can't, because of hubris"

Keith Plantagenet was trained at the school, was rich and never needed to work, but he threw himself into smithing because he had one real goal...recreate Arkhoisan Steel. He traveled the world. He spent time in the Highlands (where he met his wife Jena) and in the Hounds territory...some say he even went to Aurochs and learned with warlocks.

In 315DF he announced he would be showing off that he would be the first of many who could forge NEW Arkhosian Steel... he bought obsidian, and gold and the water from some strange pool. He had an elven panther captured and brought to the forge... he worked day and night for an entire week. Strange chanting was heard and many where scared that he had more knowledge of the demon work of Bael Turith then Arkhois... on the 8th day he had a crowd formed around him as he quenched the blade three times... a red and gold longsword that looked perfect.

The first quench in blood, the second in the strange water... the third through the heart of the Elven panther... then he held up his work...

Everyone was awed. At least for the first few moments, before the horrible cracking was heard... the explosion of the blade injured about a dozen bystanders...but the largest shard went through Keith Plantagenet's shoulder...making him not able to forge...but the blinding heat and light blinded him as well...

Once a large man he seems to have shrunk over the last 6 years...

Irene and the crusader said:
Two years ago, a 'priest' of the one above all from the highlands was in the citadel and saw Irene Darkhold's shop.

He had the pale skin and red hair that marked him as a highlander (they are blonds, redheads, and pale with blue to purple eyes) He also had the sticking his nose up look of those that worship the one above all. He commented (Loud so she could hear) that "Back home they put witches like her to the torch"

She turned, her dark swarthy skin thick like leather showing her ancestry to the waters, and smiled sweetly, "No, you put innocent people to the torch, you had better pray to that god of yours you never meet a real witch. If you tried to do that to a real one you and all of yours would be cursed for longer then you live."

The Sargent of the Swordsages ended what could have been a bad situation and moved the 'priest' along.

Cockroach Invasion said:
The beginning of spring of 295DF was pretty normal, it was a mild winter that year so the bugs would be a problem...but no one knew how much.

The invasion of the ROACHLING LORD came fast and out of nowhere. they were legion and they came not from outside the walls but from the ground. As such they were all around the city before the army could be raised.

Deaman Dunkled was the head of the swordsages, he was a master swordsman who could parry repost and move in the time most could draw their swords...an artist with the blade he wielded, a silver and iron blade with a ruby hilt. He tried his best to lead his men into the undercity, but the swarming enemy moved to fast and was too reactive.

Many were sick and injured, and the ability to regenerate almost any non-lethal blow made the enemy almost unbeatable. Two major changes turned the tide of the army. The alchemical healing that the Sages brought to the fight got many (Including Deaman Dunkled) back in the fight when they would have been out of it. Second was Jaherieze Harclay coming in with his family blade...the Arkhoisan Steel blade was the bane of these creatures.

In the aftermath of the war there are still Roachlings about, and they brought blighted creatures with them, most that are like piles of twigs. Rumors have circulated for years that they came because of dark demon rites done in the undercity...maybe even by a prominent family... It is also pointed out that Melionge Dust only showed up after the invasion, and even if there is a little use for it, the dangers of it's abuse have changed the world.

the fact that Jaherieze Harclay made it all the way to second in command of the Sword sages is also pretty interesting for rumors. He had been an adventurer, and rumor has it worked with the sinister siblings. He did however show up at just the right time.

Jaherieze was also Deaman Dunkled's chosen successor, and current leader of the sword sages.

The Shadow Child said:
Rumors for almost thirty years have been about a child of shadows that walks the streets at night... last year when a body turned up dead with many slice wounds people claimed it was the shadow child...

This shadow child takes on a even more dark turn in some of the legends and stories, because people who have traveled to the south claim the bloodless men worship a 'pale black eyed child' who is death itself.

Stories from the shadow lands say that Urrathon is an empire of bloodless men, night walkers, and living dead men who pray to the 'dark child' and the 'black goat' in highly violent and sexual ways. Stories from the shadow lands are not for the faint of heart... However they do go with stories of this 'thing' that has been seen around the old warehouses on the east end of town...

some say grey skin, some say albino skin, others say pale but not 'that' pale, they all agree the child is less than four foot, and has dark hair...but no one ever said it had dark eyes at least...but some say it moves into a shadow and vanishes.

Then again, most people seeing him are leaving one of the 3 seeder taverns (the Red Rose, the Sly Maiden or the Knave Pipe).

Edric Shadowchaser said:
The legend of the great hero from the Highlands is maybe one of the most inspiring and heroic in recent history. In 210DF he was a farmer and a family man, Edric Sorson. He was a devote follower of 'the one above all' and by all accounts a good man. However then came the Goblin King.

For 10ish years this purple skinned goblin with strange dark powers, got all the goblins of the stone fields, and fire rock fields togather. They started by hitting the river banks. The church of the whispering tides held for only so long... then they hit Casper Springs, and then move toward the Highlands.

Edric's sister was killed in Casper Springs. He agreed to join the army to help defend the town. Edric spent 2 years in the army before the battle of the hills... when he rose up and took command of the highland forces.

He gave a speech about pushing back the darkness. He told the army they are not just the army of the highlands, but the army of light. The army pushing back the shadow, the army fighting for the world.

Under his lead the army didn't just repel the invasion, but chased the shadow back into the fire rock fields and fought the goblin king himself. He broke the goblin alliance into separate forces and did it all while defending the entire world.

Stories of him leading the charge with a shining white sword that radiated holy light are common but most likely not true. It is known he wielded at least 3 different swords, his army made one, the Jade one he took from a fallen Captian at the battle of the hills, and an obsidian elven blade. Maybe the idea of a black obsidian blade got changed to sound better as a white one...

He died in the early 230's fighting a Troll Lord. it is said that his body was enshrined in the Highland Capital as a Saint of the one above all. When the Goblins of the stone fields came south years later the Citadel was in trouble, but was at least happy that Edric Shadowchaser had broken the great goblin alliance before this started...

The Necromancer of House Dunkeld said:
Randal Dunkeld was born in 199DF to the then 3rd most powerful family. He was born blue and not breathing, but the midwife (Ashara) saved him, marking him forever with a bruise that would not heal on his throat. He was always intelligent, maybe too much so. by the age of 10 he was already being considered for apprenticeship at the sage school (normally teenage or older) however he had a wander lust and went into the Ashen wastes and first learned with the shaman out there at the age of 13. He returned in 216DF and people whispered about his strange tattoo on his left palm.

Things got weirder still when he excelled at the school even while showing little effort. He spent more time at the whore house then the library. He also showed an unnatural attraction for his cousin Kora Dunkeld...who was betroved to Daradin Harwthorn. The two came to blows and challenged each other to a duel in 221DF. Randy lost his right eye, and Daradin his right hand...but both lived. However, Randy did become sickly after that.

Rumor and legend say that one of the two Hawthorn boys were products of incest... even that Randy may have raped his cousin on the night before her wedding in 230DF. The fact that Daradin died under suspicious ailment in 235 also had people pointing to randy.

Stories say he was not just able to speak to animals, but control them, and change into them. rumor and legend of his dark magic and warlocks ways were all over the city...but no one confirmed it. Until the war came.

In 240 Randal sat upon the counsel of 11, and maybe his lover or rape victim sat across from him representing both his house and Hawthorn... rumors of her (in her early 50's) killing and bathing in blood to keep her youth had begun circulating.

Then the goblins came from the north. They rode worgs and had qusi-magical powers. The army was called up and allies requested aid. It was almost a 2 year long siege and war. The stories of Randy calling lightning from the sky scared many, but turned the tide. They say he also had undead aid him, and creatures of the night like wolves and bats.

In 242 the Counsel of 11 voted, Randal had to recuse his vote leaving Claira Dunkeld his vote...they voted 9 to 2 to give him the choice death, or banishment.

Randal Dunkeld lived until he was almost 70 in the Ashen Wastes...they say he traveled with tribes and made a habit of searching out dragon bones. From time to time he would send letters to the Hawthorn, and Dunkeld families and even the Counsel of 11...but they were never returned. He died alone in the wastes, and his body was not allowed to be buried with his family for his many dishonors...

The Dunkeld family lost much power, a seat on the counsel of 11, and still to this day has not recovered. There Ancestral sword of Golden Dawn (Arkhoisa Steel Short Sword) has been lost, stolen or sold as well weakening the family even more. They do however have both an Arkhosian steel dagger and spear head that they want to have reforged into a new sword...but there is not enough material there.

The Fused Stone and Old Building said:
The Citadel is an ancient city that was pre dragonfall. It was based around a wizards school of magic and a cathedral to some forgotten deity (of knowledge?). The five main roads (North Main, South Main, East Main, West Main, and Spiral St) The two intact buildings (old school and old church) and several foundations are made of this black fused stone (OOG Note: imagine asphalt).

Any building with that foundation plus the two main buildings have sewer access. Under the city are man carved caves with sewage channels. The caves are as old as the city and has a copper like metal on the smooth semicircular tunnels... there are also pits down there that allow creatures to live under there.

Some dark stories of monsters living in the sewer are common, but the Roachmen came from down there and 100% some are still there. Stories of a 'Rat King' with a dragon circulate all the time as well.

The stone cannot be recreated (like Arkosioan Steel) even though it is at least 500 years old (more likely 1,000+) but people like to guess and tell stories about it. The most common two both start the same way... bringing thousands of stones some the size of a child’s fist, and some the size of an oger's head. These stones were from the northern mines, and the rocky fields. Some were red, some brown, and some held some metal in them. They then lined the street area with magic wood that would not burn, and placed all the rocks inside piling them up... This is where the two stories change. Some say using Dragons with fire breath, others say with mystic spell fire, they burned so hot either way they melted all the stones... the reason it is 1 solid black stone is all the stones mixed.

Now that may be possible for the road, but how the school and church were made that way as if out of 1 large stone begins to require mental gymnastics.

Seira Hawthorn the young head of Hawthorn said:
Seira Hawthorn is the youngest and most beautiful Family head, she is 27 years old, the richest person in town, and maybe the most powerful. She has an unearthly beauty and the only flaw she has is her two different color eyes...something that marks her as even more beautiful somehow.

She does have more sharp features then round unlike most of her family, and she has strawberry blond hair. As such whispers are abound... mostly by less attractive women (her 23 Cha means that is every woman in town).

Kora Dunkeld-Hawthorn was her great grandmother... and she live until she was in her early 80's when she died and she still looked like she was a hot 40-year-old, and rumors say she bathed in the blood of the poor to keep her beauty. People also point out that Kora Dunkeld-Hawthorn might have had one of her 2 (or both) sons not with house Hawthorn, but with Randy Hawthorn... in witch case Seira would be a product on incense...

So Seira now gets painted a witch, a child of incense, and not a real Hawthron at all...of course not to her face and not in front of her family.

The truth (or what passes for it today) is that she is the leader of the family, she holds down the store, the main vote on the council of 11, and the pouches of gold. Three members of the Hawthorn family sit on the council of 11, her older cousin and older brother each hold Sage positions. Head Liberian Rachel Hawthorn is the second in command of the school, and Master Healer Donald Hawthorn is the best healer and surgeon in the world. However, both of them (Rachel and Donald) have the round plump faces and light blond hair of the Hawthorn family.

the first sword sage said:
The Gemini family wasn't there when the Citadel was founded, infact it was 38DF before they showed up. Darwin Gemini claimed his father had trained under elves and that he knew their secret blade dance. At first few believed him and his wife, but the two were unmatched in swordsmanship. They had taught their daughter Telia (13 at the time) the dance, and she was already better than half the militia. When she decided to attend the school the following year everyone nick named her "Telia Gemini, the Sword Sage".

She and Davos Gardner made a cute couple, but stories went around that she had her eyes on something other than being a 'wife'... she was smart enough to be a Liberian, and beautiful enough to have almost any hand she wanted...but instead she joined the militia.

By the age of 25 she could choose anything...so she chooses adventure. She went out to see the world. When she came back at the age of 40, she found her childhood sweet heart waiting, and became Telia Gardner her first week back home...when six month later she had twins, there were only a few whispers... no one dared to oppose her. Especially with Note at her side. Note was an Ancient sword longer than any long sword and thin to boot. It was made of a gold metal that would sing as she swung it. She took up training the militia by the time her twins were crawling...

When she died in 104DF the council took a vote and renamed the constable and militia as one force, the sword sages...in Telia Gardners name.

During the ending days of Edric Shadow Chaser it is said that her descendent Stanis Gardner took Note with him when he went to join the war...but never returned. House Gardner has not had a family blade sense.

Point Dread said:
Much of the history of the last great war is missing or just plain made up. Point Dread however is something that is very well documented. It was built in the Blue mountains just north of the Citadel by orcs and their slaves. It is iron and stone made into a dome with arrow slits. Made to be impregnable from ground or air assaults.

Many stories of how it fell are told, none can be believed as true. Somehow though it was abandoned… since then it would only make sense that someone would claim this well-built fortress.

In the last 7 years 2 different Mercenary forces the blood eyes, and the Alquat Almunfia have tried, and learned what many from the Sage school and Adventurer guild already knew… no one will stay there.

Stories range from deadly ghosts to literal shadows of the orcs that built the place, but something makes it haunted and even battle-hardened soldiers can’t stay two nights… and to be more scared of that place then blood raven is saying something.

The blast zone said:
In the north west of the town lays a 20ft circle of ash and no one can clean it, and nothing grows there. Stories about what caused it are all over the place.

One story is about a group from the Adventuring Guild taking a sage into the ashen waste time and again, but they were planning a trip to the hills of time… but time works weird there and before they left they came back. When the two groups ran into themselves time broke and reality shook…this ash is all that was left of them.

Another story says that Randal Dunkeld summoned and bound a demon in the closing day of the goblin siege, and it called down dark shadow energy, and the cursed land is where it stood doing so.

Yet another story says that wildlings from the Kot village came into the citadel for a special occasion, and they brought a magic sword, a powerful magic sword. The wielder a priest was attacked and when he defended himself it turned out that the attacker had an Arkhoisan Steel blade (Shatter Point) and broke the magic sword…the explosion killed both men but only Shatter Point remained, and a red stone that was in the magic sword. The point of the explosion is the site.

The craziest story says that Kora Dunkeld-Hawthorn birthed a half demon on the spot and as it tore out of her it cursed the land.

Most of the Sages laugh off all the stories, they will point out that none of them even date back far enough to be reasonable…but if they have a reasonable story they aren’t sharing it.

Sword Stalkers said:
The shape-shifter boogie men of the world are the sword stalkers. When a soldier or swordsman dies without honor, or touched too much by shadow the soul may stick and become part of the sword.

The sword can then possess or to reanimate whatever life-form that touched it. Most often the Sword Stalkers are said to set on the unwary travelers in the guise of a dark phantom whose eyes were luminous and cold. The voice of the figure was at once horrible and hypnotic; its skeletal hand had a touch like ice and a grip like the iron jaws of a trap. Once under the spell, the victim had no will of his own. In this way the sword stalker drew the living into being possessed.

Stories abound about swordsmen of Bael Turith or Arkhosian knights that were cursed and now roam the world in new possessed bodies looking to kill the living.

The Knight of the Black Lion was a knight of Bael Turith that had slayed many Arkhosian soldiers and knights. He built his own chariot from the swords and armors making it the only known legend of an Arkhosian steel chariot. His own Black Blade had stolen so many souls…when he died his own spirit possessed it. He is one of the most infamous sword stalkers…it is said that an elf of Endymion was the second possed by him and his own magical talent remained…making this ‘death knight’ a magical warrior of quite some repute…they say he slayed the dragon Pelishar in single combat in this form. His end was quite poetic though…it is said the lover of the elf an elf named Corellon used his own magic, then tricked the Knight into killing him. The true love resonated through the sword holding the souls…shattering it, sending all three to there last reward.

So it's been a while (working on my book and YouTube channel more then my new D&D world) but I'm back with some NPCs

The Lead knight of the Highlands: The highlands all worship 'the one above all' and they have a religus army of knights of the star (star with an eye in middle is symbol of one above all) they are lead by a conflicted knight that they say is the best swordsman in the world. They say he is an artist, but he only paints in blood.

Sir Jaska Medium humanoid, Human
Armor Class 19 (Plate) Hit Points 171 (18d8 + 90) Speed 30 ft.

20 STR (+5) 16 DEX (+3) 20 CON (+5)
12 INT (+1) 15 WIS (+2) 17 CHA (+3)

Saving Throws STR +8, DEX +6, CON +12, INT +4, WIS +9, CHA +6
Condition Immunities Frightened
Senses Passive Perception 12
Languages Common (highland)
Challenge 12 (8,400 XP)

Action Surge. As no action Sir Jaska can take a second action in a turn. He can do this 3 times before taking a short rest.

Brute Accuracy. A melee weapon deals 1d6 additional damage when Sir Jaskar hits with it (included in the attack).

Defensive Duilest. Sir Jaska has a +1 to his AC and +2 to damage when weilding a weapon in one hand and nothing in the other.

Magic Resistance. Sir Jaska has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

Second Wind. Sir Jaska can as a bonus action heal 1d10+18hp, once he does so he can't do so again until after a short rest.

Superior Heavy Armor Master. While wearing heavy armor, Sir Jaska reduces any bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage taken from nonmagical weapons by 5.

Actions Multiattack. Sir Jaska makes three melee attacks.

Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 14 (1d8+1d6+7) slashing damage.

Heavy Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d10+3) piercing damage.

Command the Attack (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest). As an action, Sir Jaska may issue a command to all non-hostile creatures within 30 feet. Creatures who can see or hear Sir Jaska may make a single melee or ranged attack with advantage as a reaction.

Inspiring Leadership (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest). As an action, Sir Jaska rouses its troops to vigilance for one minute. Any nonhostile creature within 30 feet who can see or hear Sir Jaska adds 1d6 to any attack rolls and saving throws for the duration. A creature can only benefit from one Inspiring Leadership bonus at a time. If Sir Jaska is incapacitated or otherwise unable to speak, the effect ends

REACTIONS
Parry. Sir Jaska adds 4 to his AC against one melee attack that would hit him. To do so, he must see the attacker and be wielding a melee weapon.

The 5 towers of Aurochs each have a powerful 'arcmage' that specialize in the limited magic of the world. Here is the Lord of Illuison Mahad, the Dark Illuisonist.

Medium humanoid (noctiny), neutral evil
Armor Class 15 (gold brest plate) Hit Points 82 (12d8+24) Speed 30 ft.
12 Str(+1) 13 Dex(+1) 14 Con(+2)
19 Int(+4) 15 Wis(+2) 21 Cha(+5)
Condition Immunities frightened
Senses passive Perception 12 Languages Common, vahsarin Challenge 9 (5,000 XP)

Magic Resistance. The noctiny has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

Pact Wrath. One of the noctiny’s weapons is infused with power. Its attacks with this weapon count as magical, and it adds its Charisma bonus to the weapon’s damage (included below).

Spellcasting. The noctiny is a 10th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability score is Charisma (save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell attacks). It knows the following warlock spells.
at will: chill touch, minor illusion, vicious mockery
2/day each: Mirror image, Invisability, Fear, Phantasmal Force
1/day each: Cloud of Daggers, Phantasmal Killer

Ritual Caster. the caster can cast the following spells as
1/2-hour rituals. Augury, Identify, Snare, Unseen Servant, Magic Circle
1 hour- Arcane Lock, Rope Trick, Sending, Glyph of Warding, Conjur Minor elemental
2 hour- Polymorph, Teleportation Circle

ACTIONS Multiattack. The noctiny makes two melee attacks.

Pact Staff. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d6+6) bludgeoning damage or 10 (1d8+6) bludgeoning damage if used in two hands.

Pact Rod. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d4+6) bludgeoning damage

REACTION.

Dark Duplicate. when Mahad is hit with a ranged or melee attack he can project an image to negate the attack. He can only do this again after a short or long rest.

LAIR ACTIONS On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), the wizard can take a lair action to cause one of the following magical effects; the mad sage can't use the same effect two rounds in a row:

• The wizard may use one of his at will spells

• The Wizard regain 2d6hp

• Mahad may use Hillucanary Terrain

The master of Transmutation is the lorf Kias the Dark SHaper

Medium humanoid (noctiny), neutral evil
Armor Class 15 (shadow armor) Hit Points 57 (10d6+20) Speed 30 ft.
15 Str(+2) 15 Dex(+2) 14 Con(+2)
16 Int(+3) 14 Wis(+2) 16 Cha(+3)
Condition Immunities frightened
Senses passive Perception 10 Languages Common, plus the language spoken by the noctini’s fext master Challenge 7 (2,900 XP)

Magic Resistance. The noctiny has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

Pact Wrath. One of the noctiny’s weapons is infused with power. Its attacks with this weapon count as magical, and it adds its Charisma bonus to the weapon’s damage (included below).

Spellcasting. The noctiny is a 10th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability score is Charisma (save DC 14, +6 to hit with spell attacks). It knows the following warlock spells.
at will: mold earth, shape water, message
3/day each: Dragon's Breath, Enlarge/Reduce, Earthin Grasp
2/day each: Flame Arrow, Hast, Slow
1/day: Fabricate

1 hour- Arcane Lock, Rope Trick, Sending, Glyph of Warding, Conjur Minor elemental, SHadow Armor

ACTIONS Multiattack. The noctiny makes two melee attacks.
Pact Staff. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d6+5) bludgeoning damage or 9 (1d8+5) bludgeoning damage if used in two hands.

LAIR ACTIONS On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), the wizard can take a lair action to cause one of the following magical effects; the mad sage can't use the same effect two rounds in a row:

• Kias may change 1 material into another of similar type

The lord of the ENchantment tower isn't alive anymore, but has been replaced by a doppleganger

Doppleganger Medium monstrosity (shapechanger), neutral
Armor Class 14 Hit Points 52 (8d8 + 16) Speed 30ft.
STR 11 (+0) DEX 18 (+4) CON 14 (+2)
INT 11 (+0) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 16 (+3)
Skills Deception +7, Insight +3 Condition Immunities charmed
Senses darkvision 60ft., passive Perception 11 Languages Common Challenge 7 (2,900 XP)

Shapechanger. The doppelganger can use its action to polymorph into a Small or Medium humanoid it has seen, or back into its true form. Its statistics, other than its size, are the same in each form. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying isn't transformed. It reverts to its true form if it dies.

Ambusher. The doppelganger has advantage on attack rolls against any creature it has surprised.

Surprise Attack. If the doppelganger surprises a creature and hits it with an attack during the first round of combat, the target takes an extra 10 (3d6) damage from the attack.

Magic Resistance. The doppelganger has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

Spellcasting. The doppelganger is a 10th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability score is Charisma (save DC 14, +6 to hit with spell attacks). It knows the following warlock spells.
at will: friends, mage hand, sacred flame
3/day each: Tasha's Hideous Laugh, Animal Messenger, Hold Person
2/day: Dominate person, Modify Memory

1 hour- Arcane Lock, Rope Trick, Sending, Glyph of Warding, Conjur Minor elemental

ACTIONS Multiattack. The doppleganger makes two melee attacks.

Pact Staff. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d6+4) bludgeoning damage or 9 (1d8+4) bludgeoning damage if used in two hands.

• Tai uses a charm spell (person or monster)

Closer to the starting point, in the Ashen Wastes are tribes of barbarians and old cities..

The tribe of the wolf. The worship the idea of the pack and the soldiers that work togather.
Fen is the 'alpha' who spirit walker has convinced him to take his own daughter and then grand daughter/daughter as lovers to breed werewolves for the tribe.
A fiery ally has brought fire magic from the fire rock fields, and spirit walker has advised he be allowed to breed one of the werewolves.

Medium humanoid (human, shapechanger), chaotic evil
Armor Class 11 in humanoid form, 12 (natural armor) in wolf or hybrid form Hit Points 58 (9d8 + 18) Speed 30ft. (40ft. in wolfform)
STR 15 (+2) DEX 13 (+1) CON 14 (+2)
INT 10 (+0) WIS 11 (+0) CHA 10 (+0)

Skills Perception +4, Stealth +3
Damage Immunities bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from non magical weapons that aren't silvered
Senses passive Perception 14 Languages Common (can't speak in wolf form) Challenge 3 (700 XP)

Shapechanger. The werewolf can use its action to polymorph into a wolf-humanoid hybrid or into a wolf, or back into its true form, which is humanoid. Its statistics, other than its AC, are
the same in each form. ·

Keen Hearing and Smell. The werewolf has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.

ACTIONS
Multiattack (Humanoid or Hybrid Form Only). The werewolf makes two attacks: one with its bite and one with its claws or spear.

Bite (Wolf or Hybrid Form Only). Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d8 + 2) piercing damage. If the target is a humanoid, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw or be cursed with werewolf lycanthropy.

Claws (Hybrid Form Only). Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 7 (2d4 + 2) slashing damage.

Spear (Humanoid Form Only). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one creature. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage, or 6 (1d8 + 2) piercing damage if used with two hands to make a melee attack.

These young teens are the sons and daughter of Fen that have just taken to the change.

Dora, Tegian, Dorrian, Furry, Gorra, Digger, Netta, and Ruby

Armor Class 12 Hit Points 15 (2d8+2) Speed 40ft.
STR 11 (+0) DEX 15 (+2) CON 12 (+1)
INT 13 (+1) WIS 11 (+0) CHA 10 (+0)

Skills Perception +2, Stealth +4
Immunities bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from non magical weapons that aren't silvered

Senses passive Perception 12 Languages Common (can't speak in jackal form) Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)

Shapechanger. The werewolf pup can use its action to polymorph into a specific Medium human or a wolf-humanoid hybrid, or back into its true form (that of a Small wolf). Other than its size, its statistics are the same in each form. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying isn't transformed. It reverts to its true form if it dies.

Keen Hearing and Smell. The were wolf pup has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.

Pack Tactics. The were wolf pup has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the werewolf pup's allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn't incapacitated.

ACTIONS

Bite (wolf or Hybrid Form Only). Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4+2) piercing damage .

Shortsword (Human or Hybrid Form Only). Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (ld6+2) slashing damage

This creature looks like a normal human but with symbols and tattoos of alien design covering most of its flesh.

Mance is Fen's chosen sword, a non family member he trusts

XP 700 (CR 3) Medium human Lawful Evil Initiative +3 Speed: 40ft
AC 16 (leather and wis) hp: 65 (10d8 + 20)
Str 18 (+4), Dex 16 (+3), Con 14 (+2),
Int 13 (+1), Wis 15 (+2), Cha 15 (+2)
Languages: Common, Infernal
Skills: Perception +6, Stealth +7
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft.

Immunity: Fire damage
Vulnerability: Cold damage

Immortality. Mance suffer no ill effects from age, and are immune to effects that reduce ability scores and hit point maximum.

Multiattack: The burning dervish attacks three times

Melee Attack—long sword: +6 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature). Hit: 1d8 + 4 slashing damage.

Burning Blade
As a bonus action you ignite a weapon you are holding on fire. As long as you are holding the weapon, and you maintain concentration you deal 1d6+ your prof bonus fire damage in addition to your damage with this weapon.
Once you use this maneuver you can not use it again until you take a long or short rest.

Catch Fire
When you take fire damage use your reaction to light a held weapon on fire. Until the end of your next turn each hit with the weapon deals +1d4 fire damage.
Once you use this maneuver you can not use it again until you take a long or short rest.

Douse the Flames
As part of an attack declare this strike. If you hit the target can not take reactions until the end of your next turn.

Fire Repost 4d6 DC16
When you are hit or missed by a melee attack you may as a reaction deal fire damage to the attacker equal to 1d6 per prof bonus, they may make a Dexterity save for half damage. (DC8+your str mod + your prof)

so Mance has 2 children:

Karlliel Mance's 16 year old son
Medium humanoid (human),lawful neutral
Armor Class 12 (hide armor) Hit Points 11 (2d8 + 2) Speed 30ft.
STR 13. (+1) DEX 11 (+0) CON 12 (+1)
INT 8 (-1) WIS 11 (+0) CHA 8 (-1)
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft.passive Perception 10
Damage Ressistence bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from non magical weapons that aren't silvered
Languages any one language Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)

Immortality. Karlliel suffer no ill effects from age, and are immune to effects that reduce ability scores and hit point maximum.

Pack Tactics. The warrior has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the warrior's allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn't incapacitated.

ACTIONS

Obsedian Spear. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) piercing damage plus 1 fire damage, or 5 (1d8 + 1) piercing damage plus 1 fire if used with two hands to make a melee attack.

Burning Blade
As a bonus action you ignite a weapon you are holding on fire. As long as you are holding the weapon, and you maintain concentration you deal 1d6+ your prof bonus fire damage in addition to your damage with this weapon.

and Ember Mance's 14 year old daughter

Medium humanoid (human),lawful neutral
Armor Class 13 (hide armor) Hit Points 11 (2d8 + 2) Speed 30ft.
STR 11. (-) DEX 13 (+1) CON 12 (+1)
INT 8 (-1) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 13 (+1)
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft.passive Perception 11
Languages any one language Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)

Immortality. Ember suffer no ill effects from age, and are immune to effects that reduce ability scores and hit point maximum.

Keen Hearing and Smell. Ember has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.

Pack Tactics. The warrior has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the warrior's allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn't incapacitated.

ACTIONS
Obsedian Kukri. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) piercing damage plus 1 fire damage

Off Hand bone Kukri Melee Weapon Attack:+3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6) slashing damage

Douse the Flames
As part of an attack declare this strike. If you hit the target can not take reactions until the end of your next turn.

The Tribe of the Cat lives in the rocky ruins of an old city near a Dragonsite. They have 'priests of bast' and 'tigeress warriors' but the most interesting is the grand daughter of one of there wisest chieftains.

This priestess has dark skin and a red cats eye amulet around her neck. She looks like both a Tigress warrior and a Priestess of Bast.
Medium humanoid (human), neutral good
Armor Class 14 (insight) Hit Points 27 (5d8 + 5) Speed 30ft.
STR 13 (+1) DEX 14 (+2) CON 13 (+1)
INT 12 (+1) WIS 15 (+2) CHA 15 (+2)
Skills Medicine +4, Nature +3, Perception +4
Senses passive Perception 14 Languages Druidic Common and Sylvan Challenge 2 (450 XP)

Blessing of Cats Grace. the priest of Bast gains advantage on all Dex saves, skills, checks, and attacks.

Lick wound. the priest of Bast can as a bonus action let an ally or themselves spend a HD and gain +2 to the roll to heal. once they do so they cannot do so again until the take a short rest.

Nine Lives. Each day at dawn the priest of Bast gains 9 charges, these charges can be spent to succseed at any save (including death saves) before they roll.

Otherworldly Perception. Pumyra can sense the presence of any creature within 30 feet of it that is invisible or on the Ethereal Plane.

ACTIONS
Bone dagger. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4(1d4+2) slashing damage.

The Cats Eye Amulet: this is actually the spirit stone, and as such gives her the Otherworldly perception, grants her wisdom modfire to her AC and magic spells she doesn't know how to use yet.
At will: Guidance, True Strike
1/rest: Clairvoyance, Find the Path
1/day each: Commune with Nature, True Seeing

so anyone have any thoughts?

Oh... the Lioness warriors of the cat tribe as well

These warrior women run into battle with clawed gloves, spiked boots, and body paint and little else.

Medium humanoid (human), chaotic neutral
Armor Class 15 (body paint) Hit Points 41 (5d8+15) Speed 40 ft.
STR 11 (+0) DEX 16 (+3) CON 17 (+3)
INT 9 (-1) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 9 (-1)
Saves: Dex +5 Con +5 Cha +1
Senses passive Perception 11
Languages any one language (usually Common) Challenge 2 (450 XP)

Brute. A melee weapon deals one extra die of its damage when the lioness hits with it (included in the attack).

Keen Senses. The lioniess has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing, scent or sight.

Reckless. At the start of its turn, the lioness can gain advantage on all melee weapon attack rolls during that turn, but attack rolls against her have advantage until the start of her next turn.

ACTIONS the lioness makes 2 cat claw attacks

Cat Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (2d4+3) slashing damage.

Snake Strike
If you have two weapons in your hand and an enemy moves into an adjacent square you may make an off hand attack as a reaction against the target.

Storm Dance
As an action make a single melee weapon attack, but compare the result to the AC of all targets within the reach of your attack, if you hit you deal damage.

The werewolf tribe has an interesting member I forgot to post... the woman who convinced Fen to take his own daughters to help swell the number of werewolves... Spirit Walker

This woman is old, Fen tells people she was the old Shaman when he was born...and he is right because beneath the wrinkles and cane is an ancient (over 900 year old) undead.

Medium undead (human), neutral
Armor Class 11 (leather armor) Hit Points 75 (16d6 +16) Speed 20ft.
STR 8 (-2) DEX 11 (-) CON 13 (+1)
INT 15 (+2) WIS 17 (+3) CHA 18 (+4)
Saving Throws Str +1, Con +4, Wis +6, Cha +7
Damage Resistances necrotic, psychic
Damage Immunities poison

Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, poisoned, stunned
Senses , passive Perception 13 Languages common, elven Challenge 5 (1 ,800 XP)

Astral Travel. Similar to an astral projection she can send her spirit out but can't take others with her.

Regeneration. Spirit regains 3 hit points at the start of its turn. If the revenant takes fire or acid damage, this trait doesn't function at the start of the revenant's next turn.

Regeneration gift. As an action spirit walker can gift her regeneration to another, if she does she looses it and they gain regen 3 for 1 minute. she can't do so again until she takes a short rest, and no one can recive the gift again until they take a long rest.

Rejuvenation. When the revenant's body is destroyed, its soul lingers. After 24 hours, the soul inhabits and animates another corpse on the same plane of existence and regains all its hit points. slowly over a week the body reshapes to be spirit walkers

Spellcasting. The spirit walker is a 5th -level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 14, +6 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following cleric spells prepared:
Cantrips (at will): guidance, thaumaturgy, visucus mockery
1st level (3 slots): bless, detect magic, hex
2nd level (1 slot): prayer for healing

Turn Immunity. Spirit walker is immune to effects that turn undead.

Vengeful Tracker. Spirit Walker knows the distance to and direction of any creature against which she seeks revenge, even if the creature and she are on different planes of existence. If the creature being tracked by the her dies, the spirit walker knows.

ACTIONS
Multiattack. The revenant makes two cane attacks.

Cane. Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6) bludgeoning damage. If the target is a creature against which the revenant has sworn vengeance, the target takes an extra 3 (1d6) bludgeoning damage.

Icy Touch. (only in spirit form) Melee Weapon Attack +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (2d6) necrotic damage. If the target is a creature against which the revenant has sworn vengeance, the target takes an extra 3 (1d6) necrotic damage.

Vengeful Glare. The revenant targets one creature it can see within 30 feet of it and swears vengeance. The target must make a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw. On a failure, the target is paralyzed until spirit walker deals damage to it, or until the end of her next turn. When the paralysis ends, the target is frightened of spirit walker for 1 minute. The frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, with disadvantage if it can see spirit walkert, ending the frightened condition on itself on a success. However it is still 'marked' as a target of spirit walkers vengence.

As a 1 hour rituel spirit walker can send her spirit and others out to scout the world..

SPirit Walker and up to eight (half hd)willing creatures within range project their astral bodies into the Astral Plane). The material body you leave behind is unconscious and in a state of suspended animation; it doesn’t need food or air and doesn’t age. Your astral body resembles your mortal form in almost every way, replicating your game statistics and possessions. The principal difference is the addition of a silvery cord that extends from between your shoulder blades and trails behind you, fading to invisibility after 1 foot. This cord is your tether to your material body. As long as the tether remains intact, you can find your way home. If the cord is cut something that can happen only when an effect specifically states that it does your soul and body are separated, killing you instantly. Your astral form can freely travel through the Astral Plane and can pass through portals there leading to any other plane. If you enter a new plane or return to the plane you were on when casting this spell, you gain a spirit like body similar to the one you had in suspended animation.

Your astral form is a separate incarnation. Any damage or other effects that apply to it have no effect on your physical body, nor do they persist when you return to it. The spell ends for you and your companions when you use your action to dismiss it. When the spell ends, the affected creature returns to its physical body, and it awakens. The spell might also end early for you or one of your companions. A successful dispel magic spell used against an astral or physical body ends the spell for that creature. If a creature’s original body or its astral form drops to 0 hit points, the spell ends for that creature. If the spell ends and the silver cord is intact, the cord pulls the creature’s astral form back to its body, ending its state of suspended animation. If you are returned to your body prematurely, your companions remain in their astral forms and must find their own way back to their bodies, usually by dropping to 0 hit points.

So as my world is coming togather more and more I realize I am using the middle earth rules but much more of my influence is coming from aSoIaF, and Cthulhu (all be it sometimes by way of yugioh and army of darkness) with a little Thundercats thrown in here and there. I think the idea of a dark lord needs to be put back in here...I'm just not sure how.

My kingdom of Aurochs is ruled by a mad sage and under his keep is his sleeping god (a star spawn). I have many places that are influenced by speakers in dreams (semi comatose mind flayers that effect the world through visions and madness). I have the 5 fires, an area where orcs are the most powerful suronded by 5 powerful volcanos that is Mordor light. I have a shadow lands with a vampire kingdom and demon whorshipers (although that area is not fully detailed yet)…

anyone have other ideas?

Remove ads