[AU] Lost Dreams

Zhure

First Post
Vand, Human, Mindwitch

"What Yajarn means," Vand says, "is we are looking for work. Stumbling across that fracas was a complete accident, we only do honest work, not skullduggery.

DrSpunj

Explorer
Kalythar, Litorian Mageblade

"Thank you for allowing me to join you all."

He nods briefly at Gren, giving him a quick once over before turning to Mr. Jonas, "Please put the wine on my tab, Mr. Jonas. We can settle up later tonite if it pleases you."

Mulling over Aadin's brief report while pouring wine for the three of them, "I wonder if I shouldn't leave town and head south. I haven't found anything so far worth staying around here for. Still, something tells me it's here in Ao-Manasa that I'll find my path."

"As to what's going on in Ao-Manasa, well, that's the same question I bother Mr. Jonas with several times a day. In my opinion, nothing, but perhaps what news he can share will have more meaning for some of you."

He then turns as Mr. Jonas returns to the table with the last glass, pours some wine for himself, and awaits either a toast from someone else or for Mr. Jonas to share any news.

Malarky

First Post
Malarky, loresong akashic

"Captain..." Malarky sighs and nods, readjusting his weight. At least the man would be tended to soon, though he half thought half of his misfortunes had to be owed to that name. Kip? One ought to punish parents for such things...
"I lodge across the road, the Blue Tooth Inn. I work as a crafter in town, in the market square and was coming home as I do every night." A pale smile. "I heard screams, and someone sounded in trouble so I headed this way and was fortunately joined in assisting this man by these two individuals."

Erekose13

Explorer
Captain Sei-Ichi listens as you all relate your stories. He ponders for a moment longer than says, "This young knight is certainly in your debt then. Scrigs like these normally dont bother armed knights, but they have been getting more adventurous of late. All these immigrants coming down from the gold digs to the north are starting to impede on their territory. My guards are ever vigilant, but as you can see sometimes they cant be everywhere all the time. We shall have to see what the Order of the Axe was doing in the Worm. Malarky, Yajarn, and Vand you have my thanks."

Out in the street the young guardsman who came out of the alley looks up at Finn flying towards him. "Yer help would be appreciated little sir, I have called the Healers from the Houses of the Holy and they will be here soon. But we have an injured man whom we would like to speak too, he is unconscious though." Before leading you down the alley he asks your name quickly.

In the alley way the large giant you spoke to a little while ago is standing speaking to a group of others who are standing around a man on the ground.

------------------------

As Kalythar settles in with Aadin, Sharilan, and Gren a man enters the tavern. He walks directly up to Mr. Jonas and speaks to him quietly. When he is finished Jonas points in your direction. The man dressed in a crimson cloak wears a short cropped beard and carries a short sword at his hip. He moves over to your table and announces, "Oy, are you seeking employment? This gentleman informed me that you might be looking for work. My employer is seeking people to guard his caravans travelling to the north to Ke-Donal, the mining town."

Raikes

First Post
Finn Redtip, Spryte Greenbond 3

The spryte offers his name, "I'm Finn Redtip", as he zips ahead into the alleyway.

Spying the man on the ground, he alights on the ground next to him, and uses one of his daily greenbond healing charges. A green glow surrounds the man's wounds momentarily. Finn looks up at the others, and blushes a bit. "Sorry if I presumed too much. This man looked like he needed help. I hope he is not your enemy."

The tiny greenbond bounces back up in the air as he talks, hating - as he does - always looking up.

GPEKO

First Post
Yajarn, Mojh Warmain

Sei-Ichi said:
My guards are ever vigilant, but as you can see sometimes they cant be everywhere all the time.
It's not everyday you can talk to a captain of the guard. Yajarn will try not to waste this occasion. "If your men are stretched thin, Vand and myself could help. Like we said, we're looking for work. Is there anything special you need done ?"
Finn said:
"Sorry if I presumed too much. This man looked like he needed help. I hope he is not your enemy."
Yajarn doesn't take his attention away from Sei-Ichi for very long, offering the spryte only a short answer. "No, you did well, winged non-mojh."

Zhure

First Post
Vand, Human, Mindwitch

"Order of the Axe? I'm not sure I've heard of them...", Vand says.

Last edited:

Malarky

First Post
Malarky, loresong akashic

"No thanks are necessary." A small smile from the faen."Though I would appreciate knowing if you find aught about his attackers." Damnable critters had drawn -his- blood after all. "He seems to be from the Order of the Axe. I've met a few members at the market... if you don't mind, I think they should be notified about this attack"

He moves back to let Finn tend to the fallen knight, then smiles.
"Much appreciated. I worried he was injured badly."

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin Lofgred, 3rd Level Human Runethane.

Ke-Donal.... Isn't that where Sharilan's Uncle lives?

Aadin leans back slightly in his chair, and draws in a long breath of smoke from his pipe. He breathes out through his nose, then speaks to the man in crimson.

"We may well be interested, sir, for we are indeed looking for some sort of work. I have a few questions to ask you. Firstly, and most importantly, does it leave tomorrow? For my legs will not carry me much further tonight, I'm afraid to say."

Picking up his wine, Aadin takes a drink, savouring its' flavour.

If the man answers that it leaves in the morning, Aadin chats for a few more minutes, then heads up to bed.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Finn dives into the alley ahead of the guardsman and rushes past the others to heal the fallen man. Sei-Ichi speaks for a moment off to the side with his guardsman.

"Have the healers been called? "
"Yes, sah, I called em."
"And who is this then?"
"A spryte who offered his help."
"Good."

Then he turns back to you three and replies to your inquiries, "Thank you, Yajarn but at the moment we are fully staffed, just not omnipresent. I will find you again in the future if we have need. Thank you little feykin, we meet again. I hope that you found your tavern. Lets see if this man can tell us anything, he should wake soon. Oh, Vand, the Order of the Axe are a group of human knights who crusade in the name of Justice and Freedom. I am realy curious what Sir Kip Lornem was doing here."

The young man on the ground starts to open his eyes as Malarky and Finn tend to his wounds. It would appear that he had a couple of nasty cuts along his legs, but most of his injuries are light. He coughs a bit then tries to speak, "Ahm... *cough* um... Looks like I got in over my head. Damn scrigs." He says putting his palm to his forehead obviously still feeling a little woozy. He looks around a bit at all the assembled crowd and says, "Didn't think I would draw a crowd though. Oh, uh Captain-sir, uh... Thank you I think."

"Don't thank me Lornem, these folks here were your angel's wings as it were. You are lucky that they were in the area. Now why you were in the area is what I really want to know." says Sei-Ichi.

"Me, well I was looking for a contact in the Worm, didn't expect to get jumped for it though." Sir Lornem replies.

-----------------------

In responce to Aadin's question the man says, "Aye tomorrow. Wouldn't want to be leaving after dark, no fun in that. If you are interested I will return tomorrow morning to lead you to the place we is leavin' from. As you seem interested, I'll tell ya a bit more. The caravan will follow the road along the river north and west of the city. Take about, hmm, 3 days. Pass through the little Faen village and make a short stop there to pick up a few more goods. Ke-Donal is the mining town that has sprung up round the gold rush this summer. With winter coming on soon, master wants to bring his profits back to the city where they will be safe and accessable."

Remove ads