[AU] Lost Dreams

Malarky

First Post
Malarky, loresong akashic

He follows them all limping slowly, somewhat... irritated at being called little. Still, to a mojh most creatures likely were.

"Malarky." simply, as he moved to follow the others, shoulders shrugging. " Ah, I don't know master Finn. I eke out a decent living in the market place." That ever easy smile, glad to make sure the other got back to his people in one piece.

(OOC: ah, Finn! I have been gender-switched? o_O)

Erekose13

Explorer
After the Captain has left Sir Lornem speaks to you, "Thank you all once again for rescuing me. It would appear that I am in a little over my head. Though hopefully not over his head." He gestures towards where the Captain left. "As some of you guessed and I am sure he did too, I wasnt completely open about my intentions here. I don't always trust them giants, run the place like it was the only obvious choice available. I was here meeting one of my contacts, yes, but as he didnt inquire further I hesitated telling the good captain who or why. If you would help me we can see if my order would be willing to help you out a bit too, you mentioned that you need jobs yes?"

Raikes

First Post
Finn Redtip, Spryte Greenbond

At Malarky's naming of him, Finn gives a slight flying bow to the big Mojh, complete with an arm flourish.

The winged greenbond smiles in acknowledgement at Malarky's words. *That's good to know, He's not completely accustomed to violence in alleys*

To Sir Loernem, he says "What sort of help do you need, sir?"

Ooc: I've got the gender straight now Malarky. Heh heh, at least that isn't a problem with Yajarn

Erekose13

Explorer
Sir Lornem looks over his rescuers again, he looks a little unsure whether to continue before hearing from everyone. Irreguardless he answers the small spryte's question, "Protection of a sort. I am working with my order to root out some of the corruption that is growing in this poor part of town. The people in this area get little help from the town's leaders and my order has sworn to protect the downtrodden. As such it looks like I need a bit more help."

GPEKO

First Post
Yajarn, Mojh warmain

Yajarn moves closer to Sir Lornem. "Protect the downtrodden ? A lofty goal, some might say. But not me. If they are weak, you are providing no help in protecting them. Teach them to be strong, I say, and they will no longer be in need. I believe you non-mojh even have a saying for this: 'Give a man a fish and you will feed him for one day. Teach him how to fish and he will be fed for life.' " He thinks for a moment. "Yet, I'm desperate for some work. So tell us what kind of 'protection' you need." What seems to be disgust appears in Yajarn's scaly face. He adds: "And what is the pay ?"

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"Well, I am going to have to speak to the leader of my order, Sir Trynn. He is in charge of hiring mercenaries. Usually it is standard rates, 1 gold coin per day, extra for a completed contract and a small bonus for hazard pay if we encounter any trouble. Any rights to gear taken from fallen foes like those scrigs would belong to the order unless I am forgetting things.

As far as what protection I need. Well I was trying to contact one of those in the know as it were. I will speak more about him once we are out of the Worm. I would like to try and talk to him again and also I think that more should be done about these damned scrigs. They can't be preying on people like that, especially with all the people that are coming in from the dig sites up north. No good prospectin in the middle of winter. So they come here."
replies Sir Lornem.

Zhure

First Post
Vand, Human, Mindwitch

"One gold? Well, it's better than what I'm making now. How long do you suppose you'll be on this 'mission'?" Vand asks.

Malarky

First Post
Malarky, loresong akashic

He contemplates the offer, "Hmm, I mean I make a decent living at the market place, but that sounds pretty good." In addition, Malarky would really rather like to find out why those creatures attacked. He is limping from what one did, and it would not be bad to get them back for it.

Raikes

First Post
Finn

Finn shivers a bit at the prospect of danger, but quickly comes to a decision.

"My elders sent me to this town to learn the lifeways of the city, and this looks like a perfect opportunity to do so. If you'll have me, I'll be proud to assist this investigation."

Remove ads