Brave New Planes

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
A maze of glowing, changing lights, between which dances the darkness . . . a song, both angelic and monstrous, airy and deeper than the groan of the earth . . . something taking your wrist, like a hand but so very unlike . . . a mesh around your limbs, pulsing in time with the song, lighter than cobwebs but heavier than a mountain . . . a sudden scent of cinnamon

The world snaps into focus. This room is tall and vaulted, the ceiling barely visible in the dim torchlight. A circle, almost four feet deep, is carved into the center of the floor. Around the perimeter are sticks of incense bundled together into torches the size of a small tree, and flickering flames of many colors rise from sconces on the wall. Above you, on a dais set against one wall, stands a robed figure, his hands weaving strands of light together as if he played children's games with string. His voice booms out like thunder as he casts his glowing net around the circle, engulfing you all. A simultaneous chill and heat seeps into your bones, as your flesh grows numb except for a tingling like a thousand thousand pins and needles in your flesh. Suddenly, all light, sound, and sensation ceases for a second, and the room is normal, save for the extremely motley band collected in its middle.

The robed figure pushes back his hood, revealing a youthful face under white-streaked black hair. He smiles, and says "I'm glad you all could make it. Now, I imagine you have a lot of questions, but I'm not going to answer any of them. Suffice it to say that I have need of your services, and will reward you well when you have completed my task. Do not try to escape," he adds, (as many of you likely have already attempted to). "The force shield will hold far stronger beings than you; it must, for my purposes. Now, I must ensure your cooperation. If you do not resist, this will be much easier on you." With that, he begins again to chant.

Endur

First Post
A black haired giant of a man glares at the speaker and attempts to leap out of the pit. His eyes blaze with a glare of anger and his sword quivers in his fist.

"By Crom! What is this place? Am I still dreaming? I am not a slave!"

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Endur said:
A black haired giant of a man glares at the speaker and attempts to leap out of the pit. His eyes blaze with a glare of anger and his sword quivers in his fist.

"By Crom! What is this place? Am I still dreaming? I am not a slave!"

As he attempts to leap from the pit, he encounters a previously invisible mesh of force which hurls him backward, sending him flying across the pit to narrowly miss Brystasia. The energy unleashed causes muscular spasming for several seconds. (7 damage). The mage's chanting continues unabated.

Velenne

Explorer
The Hunter takes in its surroundings and those around it. From deep within its cobalt-blue mask comes a high, wet, clicking noise. It is agitated.

It turns at the sound of the man's voice and slowly follows the movements. The Hunter's fingers flex in preparation. It is ready for the dance...

Endur

First Post
The Cimmerian growls like a wild animal as he recovers from being thrown back. He has no other visible reaction to the painful after effects.

ooc: Using his animal-like cunning (wisdom 18), can he tell whether what forced him back was more like a Solid Wall or a Net with small holes?

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Endur said:
The Cimmerian growls like a wild animal as he recovers from being thrown back. He has no other visible reaction to the painful after effects.

ooc: Using his animal-like cunning (wisdom 18), can he tell whether what forced him back was more like a Solid Wall or a Net with small holes?

OOC: It's definitely got holes in it; the strands were briefly visible when he hit them. However, they're barely wide enough to admit an arrowhead, much less a limb, and trying to get past them would be like trying to slip through a live electric fence covered in razorwire.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Brystasia Purelove: Half-Nymph/Female (Avenger/Favored Soul/Heartwarder)

Brystasia takes in her surroundings while wondering why she had been abducted. She looks to see if she recognizes any of the symbols that adorn the chamber. As their captor talks she listens to see if he is sincere in his words.

OOC: Knowledge: Religion +13 and Knowledge: Arcane for the symbols.
Sense Motive +12 upon are captor.
Can we move within the circle with out provoking an attack from the force shield?

Endur

First Post
After the black-haired giant regains his feet, he will glare once more at the foul wizard before pausing to consider his companions. If one of his companions is an archer, he will borrow an arrow and hurl it at the wizard (aiming for the throat/mouth, so as to disrupt the chanting).

ooc: Rage is activated.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
OOC: Knowledge: Religion +13 and Knowledge: Arcane for the symbols.
Sense Motive +12 upon are captor.
Can we move within the circle with out provoking an attack from the force shield?

He appears to be telling the truth; he believes that you'll be better off if you don't resist his spell. The force shield hasn't actually moved at any point, so it appears that you'll be fine unless you impact it.

Endur said:
he will borrow an arrow and hurl it at the wizard (aiming for the throat/mouth, so as to disrupt the chanting).

Snatching an arrow from Rynin's quiver, the Cimmerian hurls it like a dart. It passes through the net of force, the power of the warding charring its fletching into smoke and soot. It flies toward the wizard, but is arrested a foot out, losing its velocity and dropping harmlessly to the ground. The wizard continues his chanting without pause.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Brystasia Purelove: Half-Nymph/Female (Avenger/Favored Soul/Heartwarder)

Brystasia concentrates on their captor as she looks for the familiar signs of an aura.

OOC: Detect Law

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases