Brave New Planes

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Nothing comes to my mind as of now. I'd like for us to depart to our first destination as soon as possible, while I appreciate the soft beds of a city, I much prefer to be out in the open."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Brystasia nods apologetically at the elven maiden as she stands up, “You’re right, my dear Vilya, I’m sorry to have kept you in this uncomfortable setting for far to long. I shall get started at once.” Walking gracefully, and with purpose, she quickly makes it to the door, “I’ll be at the temple if either of you two need me.”

With that she walks out the door closing it softly behind her.

Serpenteye

First Post
Sandorel stretches out on the bed after Brystasia has left, looking wistfully at the closed door. Then he turns his smile at Vilya. "It seems there's not much useful we can do at the moment. Brystasia does know our enemy much better than either of us. Do you have any ideas on how to pass the time?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
"My personal past of time has been either meditating, or dancing at the temple. The lands outside of Waterdeep are actually quite good grounds for a silent meditation."

Serpenteye

First Post
Dalamar said:
"My personal past of time has been either meditating, or dancing at the temple. The lands outside of Waterdeep are actually quite good grounds for a silent meditation."

Sandorel sighs, "It has been some time since I last had the chance to meditate in peace, it would be pleasant but I don't have the peace of mind for it at the moment. It seems my prescience has faded..." he says thoughtfully, half to himself.
His voice turns soft, still thoughtful but no longer introverted. "How do you find this life, Vilya? The ceaseless struggle, the endless row of enemies waiting to be killed and join the endless row of enemies behind you? It doesn't end, you know. Even in the afterlife, whatever life you have lived, the struggle continues eternally for beings so cursed with power as us. Oblivion, the only alternative, is no better."
He shakes his head slightly, his eyes gazing far beyond the walls of the cramped room. "As long as the Multiverse remains divided the struggle will continue, and the very nature of the gods disallows unity." He looks at her, "I do not ask you to understand, or even sympathize. I just needed to talk." At least I can think near you.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Vilya sits down on a chair and leans back, her gaze at the ceiling yet far beyond it. She has on the expression of one who has been pulled to her memories.
"I was trained to fight, almost from birth. After my childhood ended, there was not much beyond weapons training, and some basic training in the arcane arts, for me. My parents wanted that I'd become a bladesinger...
Do you know what a bladesinger is? It's a tradition of the elves where I come from... The art of blending arcane spellcasting and skills with either a longsword or a rapier.
The rapier was the weapon of my choice back then, I favored the graceful way of fighting over the more tedious that came with the longsword. They said I would've become the best...
But that wasn't so hard. Later I had to struggle, even fight, to live. But not against an adversary I could've won with a weapon, for I was fighting against the harsh desert. I survived, and now I think that any fight with an enemy I can see and defeat with my scimitar is an easy one."

Serpenteye

First Post
Sandorel answers her musingly, half a smile on his lips, "And in the end the only enemy that matters, the only one we can neither defeat nor escape, is our own selves."

Remove ads