can i join

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I would help....but I'm not sure of the following:
A) What is your RPG background?
B) Whence you hail from?
C) What are you looking for in a game?
D) Can I convert you to my favorite campaign setting?
E) If you answered no to d can I convert you to something other than D&D/TSR setting? Say maybe Midnight?
F) Can you afford me as your DM/GM?

Woas

First Post
I would like to hear about your favorite campaign Nightfall. Or if you don't want to talk about it in this thread, maybe a link or two to where I might read up on it?

Thanks

MEG Hal

First Post
sarg. wallacefe2 said:
hi im john and im new. i only no the basics of the D&D game.do u think anyone in a game could kindda help me along if anybody lets me join.

thanks

Most DM/GM's will help you along to get comfortable with the rules etc...I would rather have an excited new player who shows and and is willing to learn the rules then 2 who know the rules and never make it to a session.

Atom Again

First Post
sarg. wallacefe2 said:
hi im john and im new. i only no the basics of the D&D game.do u think anyone in a game could kindda help me along if anybody lets me join.

thanks

Atom Again
[who forgot that web boards are not the wild west of usenet]

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Jeez, Atom, that wasn't nice. It would be cool if you'd edit that to a less condescending tone- we all try to play nice here. :)

John, I'm sure if you could find a group they'd love to help you learn. I too am a dm who loves enthusiastic newbies. They're more fun than the old-timers who've lost their love for gaming anyday. Where are you? If you're in my area, I'd be willing to give you a few pointers some time... and even if you're not, I think you'll find that (for the most part) if you post questions you have on the boards here you'll get a lot of helpful answers.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Welcome to the boards, both Sarg and Atom. Atom, one of the rules here is that you treat other members with respect. Next time you're tempted to insult someone, please just walk away from your keyboard.

Dungannon

First Post
And Sarg, if you're within a couple hours of MA, I recommend relentlessly pestering PKitty until he lets you in on one his sessions. You'll learn more about roleplaying in one session of his than in any 100 threads on here.

Dungannon said:
And Sarg, if you're within a couple hours of MA, I recommend relentlessly pestering PKitty until he lets you in on one his sessions. You'll learn more about roleplaying in one session of his than in any 100 threads on here.

Or die trying...mwahahahahaha!

....or not....

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
John, my suggestion for learning how to play D&D is to go to a hobby store that sells D&D books. Comic books and collectable stores is how you might see them in the Yellow Pages. Call them up and ask if they have D&D supplies.

Go and buy the Player's Handbook and ask the guys behind the counter if they play and if they could help you. Some stores have games in their store and would be willing to have you join or at least could point you in the direction of someone with an open slot in their game.

I hope that helps! :)

Remove ads