New to 13 Kingdoms

Durandal

First Post
I guess this is the place to post as a new hopeful player. I'm seriously considering playing a lizardman, as unpopular a character as that might make - I like the whole idea behind the lizardmen in this setting. I think that the hexblade from Complete Warrior would be great for a lizardman, especially considering the requirements for the prestige class for followers of Naeron, but I don't know where or who to ask about this. Can canybody clue me in? I'm pretty new to the setting and online gaming in general, so any help would be appreciated.

tate

First Post
Well I am new here too, so I figured I would say hey and join with you in looking for help. I am totally new to the online RPing but am a veteran DM for P&P gaming. I figured this would be a nice relaxing way to play D&D with people that I have never played with before, so I got my character and copy of the T13K setting. But now, how do I actually [/B]play the game and create my character? Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

DMEntropy

First Post
Hey!

Its good to see the two of you on the message boards. To start playing you first look in the Questing for Adventure thread. That is where new games will be advertised. I expect that the new games I have contacted you about will start being advertised in the upcoming week.

Durandel, I will look into the Hexblade situation. We are accepting many of the PrCl additions from other books. I will see if that one is already listed.

Welcome.

Arkhandus

First Post
Entropy, the Hexblade is a normal character class, sort of an evil paladin sort but not in the manner of a blackguard or anti-paladin. It's presented in the 3.5 book Complete Warrior. It's not a prestige class, so it's probably up to you CMs to decide whether it's allowable in T13K online games.

Hi though folks, welcome to The 13 Kingdoms! As Entropy said, the Questing for Adventure forum has posts listing new games. Northman is planning a new campaign to start in a few weeks, and will probably post a notice on the Questing for Adventure forum soon. Also, several of us are working on some new adventures that will be starting soon, so keep an eye on that forum! As a side note, some DMs run arena gladiator matches (one-shots, though a gladiator PC can participate in many and grow in experience) but these are rather sporadic. So keep an eye out for those also if it's your cup of tea.

My Adventures of the S.S. Fortuna campaign may be taking on new players still, but I'm uncertain how many slots I still have open (will find out next week when I see who shows up). :^)

Emiricol

Whether to allow WotC core classes outside of the PHB hasn't been decided. If/when they hit SRD (if they aren't already) that will be a moot point - it'll be automatically allowed.

Until then, there's legal issues and such the CMs need to discuss. It may be relegated to DM Preference as to whether to allow it in Official campaigns.

Remove ads