Blindsense vs Blindsight

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
Ki Ryn said:
Actually, that did help. The MM uses the word "pinpoint" whereas the SRD does not. I agree that pinpoint clearly means the exact square. I wonder why Open Content critters aren't as precise? :confused:
The second Blindsense of entry is from the Types, Subtypes, and Special Abilities section of the SRD which basicly the MM glossary.

Ryan Shepherd

First Post
you're all wrong. idk where D&D wiki got their info but the fcking creator of the rules said on twitter that you can hide from Blindsight if you're behind cover. And in the rules all it says is you can still see while blinded. its basically just the ability to see through eyelids or magically with an unblindable pair of eyes.

Blindsense is generally MUCH more reduced in range, but tells you the exact location of any creature in your blinsense range. even behind cover.

This is 5th edition ruling. The information on D&D wiki is from an older edition.

Joseph Taylor1

First Post
This question was from 13 years ago, so yeah they are referring to 3.5 and their information is correct. (Sorry for the extended thread necromancy, just thought I'd get that straight)

Remove ads