Pirates of the (Not So) Caribbean

Durandal

First Post
Hey, all. I've got a player who is in search of a pirate class or conversion, and I'm looking for help in finding one, preferrably online. Now I'm not asking for anything copyright-infringing or illegal, just something that's online and easy to access. If, however, the best pirate class, conversion, or analog you can think of is in a print product, please tell me and I'll see if I can check it out. Thanks for any help you can provide.

The CW Swashbuckler is pretty "Piraty" IMO. There's also a Pirate prestige class in Song & Silence. There's the Pirate-Captain prestige class in Netbook of Classes v1. There's the Mariner variant core class in Netbook of Classes v2.

AR

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
I have heard pretty good things about a book called Skull and Bone (at least I think that's what it's called...it's late, I'm sleepy...perhaps someone can clarify...)

Wombat

First Post
Aye, m'hearties, if ye be seekin' o' pirates, it be Green Ronin's Skull & Bones ye be wantin'.

Ye be havin' the followin' extree character classses thereby: Buccaneer (good at survivin' both 'pon land an' sea), Sea Dog (as salty a sort as e're be seen aboard a proper vessel), the Shanty Man (a sea-goin' bard wi'out the magic), and a couple o' magicky sorts for yer voudouns delictation.

(bringing self out of a bad Midlands accent)

Besides, there is just a lot of good, pirate-campaign useful material in the book! It is well worth a look :)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
There is also a pirate numbered amon the Mongoose Publishin Power Class books. They go for about 3 bucks a pop, so while not free it is pretty inexpensive.

The Auld Grump

Remove ads