Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Victory

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Virtue

Votes: 7 18.9%

javapadawan

First Post
DMFirebow said:
Do you feel like it is worth the $$ and the monthly fee?

I always find this a difficult question to answer unless I'm speaking to someone whose tastes I'm familiar with. For myself, the answer is a resounding yes. I have a lot of fun playing this game, with my biggest problem being deciding which character, of the dozen or so I've created so far, to play. :)

I'm a bit leery of the first announced expansion, City of Villains, which will bring PvP into the game. That's just not my playstyle, and Cryptic's implementation of it will likely decide whether I'll keep playing CoH or not once it goes live.

KenM

Banned
Banned
They should have non PvP servers when the expansion is out. At least I hope, or they may loose alot of people.

Simplicity

Explorer
javapadawan said:
I always find this a difficult question to answer unless I'm speaking to someone whose tastes I'm familiar with. For myself, the answer is a resounding yes. I have a lot of fun playing this game, with my biggest problem being deciding which character, of the dozen or so I've created so far, to play. :)

I'm a bit leery of the first announced expansion, City of Villains, which will bring PvP into the game. That's just not my playstyle, and Cryptic's implementation of it will likely decide whether I'll keep playing CoH or not once it goes live.

It really depends on how they do it. You COULD only allow PVP between people with missions. For example: You might get a mission to hunt down a hero or villain. That hero or villain would be your level. In that very restricted case of PVP, it might actually be exciting, rather than really spiteful and annoying, like most PVP MMORPGs.

Express

First Post
javapadawan said:

Well according to a release by Cryptic shortly after CoH went live, CoV won't change the core gameplay of the game. I guess alot of ppl were concerned about this and of finding themselves in an archetype that is useless for PvP. But if I recall they said something to the effect that PvP will be consensual.

Simplicity

Explorer
Express said:
Well according to a release by Cryptic shortly after CoH went live, CoV won't change the core gameplay of the game. I guess alot of ppl were concerned about this and of finding themselves in an archetype that is useless for PvP. But if I recall they said something to the effect that PvP will be consensual.

I just hope it's in the mission structure they already have and not a flag that says: Look at me, I'm marked for death.

DMScott

First Post
javapadawan said:

Most MMORPGs wait about a year until their first for-pay expansion, so even if Cryptic try an early cash grab I wouldn't expect to see CoV in stores before Christmas. So I wouldn't base a decision on whether to pick it up on CoV. They'll probably have to add in a bunch more general content before then, in order to keep people playing (somebody, or more likely some guild with a common character, has already hit the current level cap of 40).

KenM

Banned
Banned
I tryed EQ and hated it, but do any of you that have played CoH think its worth it? It looks interesting and I keep hearing about all the options you have with how your character looks, i might give it a shot as long as its not another EQ.

CrusaderX

First Post
Alot of people who hate EQ are really loving CoH. The game is just a heck of alot of fun.

It would be cool to put together an EN World superteam. We're probably all scattered on different servers, but we could start from scratch on a common server sometime. That's one of the great things about the game - there are SO many cool characters to create, and its alot of fun to try new power sets and character concepts.

Zhure said:
Champion server. Look for Inkling, a mystic/scrapper/quill/regen. But don't bother chatting, I keep the chat box off for now.

I think an EN league would rock. :D

Greg

Ok, I'm confused now. How would I 'connect' with you if you aren't replying to chat? How would we get any sort of EN Heroes going if you aren't responding to chat? Heh, just thought I'd ask.

Heroine

Simplicity said:
Brine Justice's Superhero Tips:
1) After a mission that occurs in a building/dungeon, click on the explosion next to the Mission Completed in the Nav Tray to be sent back to the entrance.

You can just click in the box nearly anywhere and it'll teleport you to just outside the mission building.

2) Enhancements can be combined. If you've got two level 5 damage enhancements, and you're level 6, first put one of the enhancements in an enhancement slot. Now click that power to bring up a combining UI. Place the assigned enhancement before the plus, and the non-assigned duplicate after the plus. You'll get a 5+ damage enhancement!

Actualy you can do this twice, so you could have a 5++ in a slot. Maybe it's because I'm broke and don't ever seem to have enough of the right sort of Enhancements, but I've discovered it's "cheaper" if you just leave stuff at the #+ level, and then upgrade it when you gain levels and/or find better Enhancements. Thus if you have a 15+ and find a 16 or better you can just do the usual Combine thingy and end up with a 16+. You'll be needing that Influence (the game's money system) later when you start buying those Dual- and Single-Origin Enhancements.

4) Sell unused enhancements. You can sell enhancements to the red and white spandex lovers in the City Hall in Atlas Park. I'm sure there are simliar buyers in Galaxy City, and perhaps even near the other trainers.

You can sell them at most stores, or so I've been doing. I only visit a couple stores so I can't speak for them all.

Heroine's Hero Helpers:
  • Elevators are your friends as no enemy, not even teleporters, will follow you through them. This gives your Ressurectors time to do thier thing. You did have a healer/ressurector that can Teleport Friend didn't you? ;)
  • Save those Enhancments that aren't quite high enough for you to use, it saves you Influence when you're upgrading. Example: Upgrading to 15's on your Blaster, just save the 14 or lowers and buy a 15 for the slot you want to upgrade. Slot in the 15, then use the lower levels Enhancements to upgrade that 15 to a ++.

Heroine - Hero of Champion

Remove ads