B.P.R.D. Issue #1 "City of Night"

Karl Green

First Post
Radiant said:
-ooc: language roll of 16 if that helps. Couldn't decipher the meaning of the rest and I'm not even sure I got the first part right.

[OCC - well remember, Clay does not speak German and he is trying to get close... AND I don't speak much myself ;)...]

Lia thinks that ‘zikenug’ might be ‘zeichnung’ for drawing or design…

The second line you are not sure about ‘start’; but ‘more’ could be ‘mauer’ or wall; and ‘zerslagen’ could be ‘zerschlagen’ could be broken, for something ‘broken wall’

Acid_crash

First Post
Prophet HP: 3

Over eating lunch at the cafe, Xavier orders just some water and some of the local cuisine. He places his staff to his right, in reaching distance should anything suddenly occur. Before actually eating, he bows his head and says a quick prayer, asking for blessing of this food and giving thanks for the blessings of life God has given us, followed by an Amen.

It's very sad Lia has so much anger within her soul. Perhaps someday she will be free of the demons that possess her. I need to learn German.

During lunch he will listen to everyone else talk, but turns to the suit of armor at some point, "If you don't mind myself asking you this, but where do you come from? You are the first living suit of armor I have met in my life."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" HP's 3

Michael was pleased to be driving, although through most of the trip he was uncertain what the destination was. Through dinner at the cafe, he listened and keep alert for those listening in.

He wasn't really paranoid or anything. Michael just was being protective of his teammates and their well-being. As such, at dinner he kept his back to the wall, and made himself aware of the sight lines into and out of the cafe - his gun in easy reach.

OOC: Spot (Roll 6 + 7 = 13), Listen (Roll 2 + 6 = 8), Sigh!!

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
*Michael does not see any hear anything that really sets off any warning bells for him... Timbuktu seems to be poor, out of the way city, lost a bit in the past maybe. Although people sometimes stop and look at the group, it is more out of curiosity over foreigners then anything else.

As the meal wraps up, Dr. Clay asks "Well then where to now? Any other questions you might have for me?"

Drakknyte32

First Post
Acid_crash said:
During lunch he will listen to everyone else talk, but turns to the suit of armor at some point, "If you don't mind myself asking you this, but where do you come from? You are the first living suit of armor I have met in my life."

OOC: Now you've done it.

Christopher groans and put his head in his hands at the question but the Red Knight doesn't notice. It is too busy drawing in a deep breath to regail you with his exploits.

"I was forged by the famous wizard Merlin in the foundrys of Camalot ages ago. Things were a lot more dangerous back in those days and Merlin wanted to ensure King Arthurs safety so he made me, the greatest of all knights, to protect him. I was the mightiest of knights in King Arthurs court. Why once I slayed a dozen great dragons at once, with my bear hands. It was a foggy day and the other knights had all gotten colds...."

The Red Knight continues on this vein for quite some time. Actaully he doesn't stop for almost an hour. Christopher looks annoyed but doesn't even try to shut him up. The stories all sound very impressive but the Red Knight contradicts himself several times and gets a lot of facts messed up so you think it might just be made up.

Acid_crash

First Post
Prophet HP: 3

Xavier listens intently, never showing signs of boredom even though it takes an hour for him to tell his tale.

"That is very interesting Red Knight." Xavier then turns to Red Knight's companion, "I am Xavier, who are you?"

Drakknyte32

First Post
Acid_crash said:
"That is very interesting Red Knight." Xavier then turns to Red Knight's companion, "I am Xavier, who are you?"

"I'm Christopher, I've been assigned to watch over this lump of scrap metal."
"I heard that."
"And for the love of all that you consider good and holy please never ask him about his history again. Usually he takes three or four times as long to recite one of his make-believe histories."
"I can still hear you."
"For some reason I can't command him to shut up when he's telling those fairy tales."
"Stop calling my history a fairy tale. I don't insult your origins."
"Thats because you can't come up with an insult that isn't over 100 years old. Now be quiet."
"Why you, you, I bite my thumb at you!"
"See what I mean?"

OOC: For those of you who don't recognize it 'I bite my thumb at you' is an insult at the start of Romeo and Juliet. Apparently Red Knight is fond of the classics.

Karl Green

First Post
Dr. Clay watches with some fascination, smiling a bit. He says to Ace "I...I never really believed in all this mystical...stuff... but wow... that... 'suit' is alive isn't it?"

Acid_crash

First Post
Drakknyte32 said:
"I'm Christopher, I've been assigned to watch over this lump of scrap metal."
"I heard that."
"And for the love of all that you consider good and holy please never ask him about his history again. Usually he takes three or four times as long to recite one of his make-believe histories."
"I can still hear you."
"For some reason I can't command him to shut up when he's telling those fairy tales."
"Stop calling my history a fairy tale. I don't insult your origins."
"Thats because you can't come up with an insult that isn't over 100 years old. Now be quiet."
"Why you, you, I bite my thumb at you!"
"See what I mean?"

Xavier chuckles as Christopher explains himself and Red Knight, "I'll do my best to remember that Christopher. I come from the streets of Hell's Kitchen in Manhattan, a priest of six years before being blessed with God's duty to fight against the rising evil that threatens this world. I am Xavier and it's nice to meet you."

(OOC - As lunch/dinner is being finished, I'm going to take a good look around the streets and cafe, seeing if I either sense anything with my detection or just with my Spot and Listen skills. Spot = 14 (roll) + 2 (ability) = 16, Listen = 14 (roll) + 2 (ability) = 16)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Michael mediated at the table . . . he hardly moved. His eyes were focused at a distant point, though they would dart to an entrance if someone entered the cafe. Otherwise, he rested his mind while the Red Knight spoke, he had overheard the knight telling of his origins on base once. Luckily, the knight had covered a technician, and Michael merely listened (out of sight) and left as the story seemed to wrap up. Michael found on later than the technician was actually there another whole hour.

The doctor leaned into his personal space, and Michael snapped out of his mediations smoothly, with but a slight blink of his eyes . . . which then turned to regard their contact, Dr. Clay.

Karl Green said:
Dr. Clay watches with some fascination, smiling a bit. He says to Ace "I...I never really believed in all this mystical...stuff... but wow... that... 'suit' is alive isn't it?"

"It would appear so," Michael commented. "In fact, the knight would be a minor example of the mystical . . . no offense, Mr Knight. Hasn't anything happened around here that at first blush seemed . . . unexplainable?"

Remove ads