The village of Prumen

DarkMaster

First Post
silentspace said:
“Yes, arcana is a truly fascinating subject, and well worth your time to study. I believe all arcanists should learn about it as much as they can. It is a lifetime pursuit. But it’s not for everybody. Your strengths and abilities probably lie in other areas.” Oculus smiles warmly at Valeria.
"You really mean that?" [OCC all those hours practicing with that pretty student were maybe not that useless]
silentspace said:
In response to her question about being special troops, Oculus replies (truthfully, and a little mysteriously) “Yes, secret special troops would be a good way to describe us. Very few know of our presence, or our abilities. Unfortunately we are not at liberty to tell you more.”
You still don't beleive that it came out that well, and the worse is that she really seems impressed]
"I hope someday you could teach me about all these nice theory about magic, It would be a great honor to learn from you" "I guess it must be a huge sacrifice on your personal life, in order for you to keep studying while keeping those combat skills sharp"
silentspace said:
“But Valeria, you must tell us about this mission. We were just completing another assignment when Joseph brought us word that Baron ___ wished us to join this mission. We were very rushed, and were not briefed. Where are we going, and for what purpose?”

[Knowledge Nobility +9 to learn the Baron’s name and anything else about him. If not, Oculus will just say Baron.]
[OCC you know the Baron, I just forgot to tell you the name "Vilral" he is the Noble in control of Mornomas, he is a small baron, of minor importance in the country. He has a son who doesn't do anything and spend his entire days disguise in the street among the people. Some Unfounded rumor link him to the black Network (I know we don't use the gods from FR but applies it to ... not sure Nyrul sorry I don't have my player handbook). The Baron is a very average leader who keeps on interpreting the law in his own benefit, and do not really care of their repercussions on its people]
You really feel like your question don't have the impact you were expecting. "You know I am under Oath not to tell anybody about the objective of our mission, I would love to tell you but I really can't, I hope you understand"[OCC not exactly what she said but that resumes your hour or so of conversation] You actually only learned that there were some trouble in a small northern village, Prumen. [OCC doesn't help you much :) ]
silentspace said:
“And what about your group here, what can you tell us about them?” Oculus wonders about Joe’s mysterious statement about the Baron wanting to keep them far away from the capital.

Again you don't get much more than that the barbarian saved the captain's life at Brendenbak and that he joined the army during the crisis with Axir a few years ago when the king had no choice but to hire "mercenary" if they were to stand a chance against the empire. The captain and him met at that moment.
Valeria's parent are from Axir, they immigrate when she was young, she is also a very good friend of the captain. The other three joined their group a few months ago when there three previous compagnion were in killed in an operation.
[OCC as for keeping them out of the capital, it is actually the king] When asked about the reason why the king want's them out of the capital she doesn't answer a single question about that, always making an effort to dodge those question in a very diplomatic manner

Jasper,
while Oculus is trying to inform himself :"Jasper Spoiler"
you notice that the captain keeps on watching nervously Oculus and Valeria

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Telic Freeson, Paladin of Freedom
OOC: If it works, that can be Oculus and Jasper's group behind him, allowing them to meet up. If not, it can be ignored.
[OCC,I will ignore since you are coming from the north and they are coming from the south east.]
The closer you get the more you realise it is not a village but a small temporary camp with tents and the like, there seems to be nobody around but from this distance it is very hard to tell.
[OCC T20 on spot]

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Oh no, Oculus thought. Now she thinks we’ve got sharp combat skills! What did I get myself into? I should have realized I was going too far when I saw those wide eyes of Jasper’s. His eyes keep getting wider and wider too, even though the damage has already been done! Well, I guess there’s no turning back now. Valeria really is very pretty though!

"Valeria, I never said we were combat troops. Any kingdom or power group has need for many specialized agents besides combat troops, wouldn’t you say? I must say I am disappointed that you will not say what our objective is. As arcanists, both Jasper and I are able to contribute in many different ways, and if we knew what the mission was, we’d be able to prepare the proper spells for it. I admire you keeping your oath though. You are as discreet as you are beautiful. Don’t think I’m going to give up on you so easily though! I’d like to get you alone and talk with you further, not just about this mission, either, would that be alright? I really want to learn more about you! Tell me, before you go, are all the women from Axir as beautiful as you? I must know. Because if they are, I will have to visit there soon!”

OOC: Oculus would never ask outright why the king wanted to keep them from the capitol! It was just something he was wondering to himself.

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
silentspace said:
OOC: Oculus would never ask outright why the king wanted to keep them from the capitol! It was just something he was wondering to himself.
[OCC Sorry I tough that you wanted to indirectly get the information, I assumed that you never directly asked the question, but anything that was going towards that, was politely redirected to another subject. Is that Ok]

silentspace

First Post
DarkMaster said:
[OCC Sorry I tough that you wanted to indirectly get the information, I assumed that you never directly asked the question, but anything that was going towards that, was politely redirected to another subject. Is that Ok]

OOC You had the right idea, I was just making sure! :)

Kangaxx

First Post
Jasper Conrad

As the group continues, Jasper will start paying less attention to the conversation between Oculus and Valeria, instead trying to listen to anything the rest of her companions are saying. Hopefully they'll give some clue as to where we're going. How are we supposed to help them if we don't even know what we're doing?

DarkMaster

First Post
Kangaxx said:
As the group continues, Jasper will start paying less attention to the conversation between Oculus and Valeria, instead trying to listen to anything the rest of her companions are saying. Hopefully they'll give some clue as to where we're going. How are we supposed to help them if we don't even know what we're doing?
[OCC I agree]
another thing since they are not all talking to each other, I would like to know which conversation you are focusing your attention on. [OCC I will assume that you try to stay attentive to all of them but it is almost impossible to actively do it for all]
You can listen to the captain/barbarian conversation but since Valeria is not with them they don't talk that much a few words here and there
or the three soldier in front but since they are a bit farther away it will be harder to catch everything.

DarkMaster

First Post
silentspace said:
Oh no, Oculus thought. Now she thinks we’ve got sharp combat skills! What did I get myself into? I should have realized I was going too far when I saw those wide eyes of Jasper’s. His eyes keep getting wider and wider too, even though the damage has already been done! Well, I guess there’s no turning back now. Valeria really is very pretty though!

"Valeria, I never said we were combat troops. Any kingdom or power group has need for many specialized agents besides combat troops, wouldn’t you say? I must say I am disappointed that you will not say what our objective is. As arcanists, both Jasper and I are able to contribute in many different ways, and if we knew what the mission was, we’d be able to prepare the proper spells for it. I admire you keeping your oath though. You are as discreet as you are beautiful. Don’t think I’m going to give up on you so easily though! I’d like to get you alone and talk with you further, not just about this mission, either, would that be alright? I really want to learn more about you! Tell me, before you go, are all the women from Axir as beautiful as you? I must know. Because if they are, I will have to visit there soon!”

"Thank you. When I first saw you I wasn't expecting you to be so charming. Don't worry if combat is not your thing it isn't mine either. I rely on those two guys in the front for that. As for your other tempting propositions, there is a time for everything, but I won't forget you."

Valeria's viper starts to get nervous as it sees taka. "Don't worry Vsaa he is a friend"

"I agree, you should visit the empire, I think you would be very interested by the Empreror library in Axir (city), they say it contains all the books ever written, There are books from everywhere. The current Empreror and most of his predecessor conquers for land and riches but also for Knowledge, they know it is the only way the empire can survive. As for the women, I am the prettiest" Valeria laughs after that last sentence [OCC she probably doesn't want you to go get another one ;) ]
[OCC If you get bored with the flirting let me know, I personaly enjoy it for now ;) ]
[OCC I need Jasper answer before I can continue this thread]

Kangaxx

First Post
DarkMaster said:
[OCC I agree]
another thing since they are not all talking to each other, I would like to know which conversation you are focusing your attention on. [OCC I will assume that you try to stay attentive to all of them but it is almost impossible to actively do it for all]
You can listen to the captain/barbarian conversation but since Valeria is not with them they don't talk that much a few words here and there
or the three soldier in front but since they are a bit farther away it will be harder to catch everything.

He'll try to listen to the soldiers in front.

DarkMaster

First Post
Kangaxx said:
He'll try to listen to the soldiers in front.

You listen to their stupid jokes, some even makes you smile, after a while the women asked the other two whispering "Did the captain aka tehkala gakla prumen akdaj afkaaa adj soldier in my previous unit was there? Why all the mysterie?"
the other reply "No"
The woman "This is scarring me, alajaldj alfjaljf aldkjd those two wizards afjalfaj asfjlj not good"

The night is about to fall, the captains shouts "Guys, what do you think if we stop in a small Inn not far from here for the night, I am fed up of sleeping in my tent aren't you?" the others seems very enthusiastic about the idea of spending the night in a good bed.

"Good then, time to switch our clothes, everybody knows his role?"

"And what about you wizards?"

Remove ads