Online DnD/PnP game running Program?

Jurble

First Post
Hi everyone,

Ive recently gotten into DnD out of NWN (from computer to paper hehehe) and joined a new campaign going on in my area. Ive also been slowly teaching myself to DM games so i was wondering if there are any programs out there which are made specifically for DMing an online DnD game.

Features im thinking of:

Text chat - pretty obvious one. mIRC or something would do but theres other things which would be great to see

Show pics - something that lets the DM show maps/share whiteboard (like MSN) type feature so he can describe combat/show maps or even pics of NPCs/places etc.

Dice rolls? - i was thinking with mIRC or soemthing youd need the DM to do dice rolls at his desk and then tell the players. another way would be for players to roll a die in the program which geenrates a random #. DM see's this number and can either have set up combat formuli or not (in case he wants to fudge the rolls)

Webcam?/Audio - nice to see who your talking to and lets the DM throw in his acting skills with accents etc.

Anyway id love to set up an online DnD and ive seen a few programs with some of these features but none with all of them or at least, most. From what little experience ive had ive found that the personal factor in DnD is a major part of what really sets it apart from a game like NWN (not to mention the versatility of not using a game which has been coded with only limited options)

Anyway if anything similar to this exists id love to pick it up. Thanks guys and happy gaming :D

Marc

Wycen

Explorer
I have a couple friends that play online and use something called openrgp and teamspeak. I don't know how or where to find them, but I bet google would point you in the right direction.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Jurble said:
Hi everyone,

Ive recently gotten into DnD out of NWN (from computer to paper hehehe)

Thanks guys and happy gaming :D

Marc

Right back at you! Welcome to the boards and PnP gaming!

GRiP is a pay-for system that I have heard a few favorable comments about, but have not used personally.

evildm

Explorer
My friends and I have tried WebRPG, mIRC, a homebrew flash-based chat program that my friend made, and MSN messenger. We keep coming back to Messenger, oddly enough. If you trust your player's rolls, then all you really need is a regular solid chat program.

~Johnny~

First Post
Does anyone recommend one of these programs over others? I'm very impressed by Klooge, though I haven't actually managed to get myself into a game yet.

Remove ads