Against the Crimson Tide IC

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
A midde-aged, balding man comes to the door. He looks somewhat tired, but in a fairly good mood. "Good day; may I help you?"

~

In the sea, Fairweather notices a scent that doesn't belong. In the harsh, coppery water, a faint trace of something almost floral is wafting up from the depths. Dalamutha speaks softly "That smell is foreign to me. I mistrust it." As the scent grows stronger, Fairweather seems to see motion in the murky water below and ahead.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Let me examine it," Fairweather says, diving toward the movement.

[OOC - Fairweather has scent out to 30 ft. and blindsense out to 120 ft. Can she tell what this creature is as she draws closer?]

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
As Fairweather draws closer, the scent grows almost nauseating. She can barely make out a vaguely humanoid figure, but the number of limbs seems off somehow.

OOC: Blindsense only gives location, not description, and while scent is definitely helping you locate it, it's too unfamiliar to identify that way.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The figure darts forward with astonishing alacrity, closing to less than twenty feet. At this distance, the stench of roses is overwhelmingly cloying, and it can clearly be seen that the creature, while it resembles a locathah in size and overall shape, has been hideously changed. Its scales are a sickening riot of clashing colors, visible even in the near-black water, and its limbs bifurcate into bizarre appendages halfway between tentacles and tongues. It cocks its all-too-humanoid head in curiosity, five eyes blinking in unison.

Ghostknight

First Post
With a wide, beaming smile, oozing charm from every pore, Jesper steps forward

"Good day sir. What a wonderful pleasure to meet you! I really do have so much to ask you! You are the proprietor of this fine establishment? yes?"

He pumps the mans hand, his smile never faltering.

ooc: You want a diplomacy roll or just RP through this?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Paxus Asclepius said:
The figure darts forward with astonishing alacrity, closing to less than twenty feet. At this distance, the stench of roses is overwhelmingly cloying, and it can clearly be seen that the creature, while it resembles a locathah in size and overall shape, has been hideously changed. Its scales are a sickening riot of clashing colors, visible even in the near-black water, and its limbs bifurcate into bizarre appendages halfway between tentacles and tongues. It cocks its all-too-humanoid head in curiosity, five eyes blinking in unison.
*Cautiously, Fairweather drifts to a stop.*

"Hello? Can you understand me?" she asks in Common. If that doesn't work, she'll try Sylvan and Elven.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The balding man seems somewhat startled by Jesper's good cheer; he responds after a few seconds. "Yes, I am the owner. You have something you wish to purchase, or wish to ship?"

~

The creature does not respond to Fairweather's words, instead reaching out with one tentacle to feel out her face and frame, much as the blind are wont to do.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Fairweather holds still for the moment, as the creature hasn't made any move to hurt her.*

Let it "see" me, perhaps I will be able to figure out what happened to it...

Ghostknight

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
The balding man seems somewhat startled by Jesper's good cheer; he responds after a few seconds. "Yes, I am the owner. You have something you wish to purchase, or wish to ship?"

Still smiling Jesper puts his arm on the man's shoulder and walks into the office, waiting for Tmion to follow.

"A bit of both actually. You see, I sent an employee of mine to talk to you a short while back, but she seems to have gone missing? Maybe you recall her, an elf named Tevaria?"

Remove ads