Against the Crimson Tide IC

silentspace

First Post
Anya greets the captain warmly. She quickly goes back to the tavern to see if Domina is coming too. Strange, she thinks, seeing Jesper again. Clearly he is a being of some power... How could one such as he not be intrigued by the strange goings on? Could he be responsible for all this? [Did Anya get any reading or hunches on Jesper's half-truths?]. She shrugs inwardly, gathers her companions, and sets off.

Kira flies ahead, scouting the area invisibly, as Anya and Sumi sit with the captain, thanking him for providing the skiff for them, and asking him for his experiences with the crimson sea. They'll also ask about his family and friends, and how they have been affected by the sea.

Ghostknight

First Post
Jesper smiles at Domina.

"This is my colleague, Tmion. Tmion, this is the legendary Domina, and that over there the as legendary Anya. Anyway- it appears that my missing employee is still missing, but it may be time to visit her inn room. You are welcome to come along- I have n idea if it is related to the hapeenings with the sea, but in my experience it is all too often that strange coincedences are not coincedences at all!"

He tsnads, gets his gear comfortable and prepares to follow Tmion to the inn.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The captain describes a variety of strange incidents, though nothing that threatened him; bizarre animals, unpredictable inclement weather, and strange mists that caused erratic behaviour in those who breathed it. His family, he says, has not suffered much; his sons are too young to sail, so only the shortage of trade has affected them.

~

The merman replies "We've only been swimming for a few hours; we will have to sleep and swim another full day before we can expect to reach it, unless you can conjure a current to aid us."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I'm afraid conjuring currents isn't my speciality, so we shall just have to swim on as normal," Fairweather says with a nod, and puts her back into her swimming.

Domina shakes her head at Anya. "I'm sorry, priestess, but this old soldier doesn't take well to ships and sailing. Too many years on solid land, I fear."

She sets her mug down and stands with a clank of armor. "If I could accompany you, I would appreciate it. As you say, coincidences are often not that at all."

silentspace

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
The captain describes a variety of strange incidents, though nothing that threatened him; bizarre animals, unpredictable inclement weather, and strange mists that caused erratic behaviour in those who breathed it. His family, he says, has not suffered much; his sons are too young to sail, so only the shortage of trade has affected them.

"I'm glad the strange occurances haven't harmed anyone directly. But let's see if we can restore the sea to its natural state. Let's bring back the fish, and with them, the trade and livelihood of the people. Captain, please take us to the center of the crimson sea, the spot where, as best you can tell, the color spread from."

As dinner time approaches, Sumi will Create Food and Water for the Captain. Anya and Sumi, although they have rings of sustenance, and Kira, although she's an outsider and doesn't need to eat, will sit and share the meal with the Captain and his crew.

OOC: When possible, Anya and Sumi will change their 3rd level Cleric spells as follows:
Anya:
3rd: Daylight, Invisibility Purge, Protection from Energy, Remove Blindness/Deafness, Water Breathing x2, Wind Wall, Protection from Energy (d)*
Sumi:
3rd: Blindness/Deafness, Create Food and Water, Daylight, Deeper Darkness, Invisibility Purge, Speak with Dead, Water Breathing x2, Protection from Energy (d)

Question: Do Coure Eladrins need to breath when they are in their alternate form of a glowing ball of light?

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The ship sets sail, though the crew is nervous about heading so deep in; the captain spends so much time reassuring his sailors that he scarcely has time to direct them.

OOC: Is Domina accompanying Jesper and Tmion to the inn?

Remove ads